Next season kit

Just now, Saxondale said:

Look at the Lacatoni gear as a temporary stop gap sort of thing. And I wouldn't expect new shirts on sale anytime soon unless a miracle of biblical proportions happens.

Why would we get a company to provide us something as a stop gap, when we could have just used last seasons Sondico stuff? Nah sorry Dr I don't believe you on this one.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Why would we get a company to provide us something as a stop gap, when we could have just used last seasons Sondico stuff? Nah sorry Dr I don't believe you on this one.

Thats fine lol 

The deal with Sondico has ran out.  

Just now, Saxondale said:

Thats fine lol 

Yes I know it has. But we own all the training kits, not Sondico, so we can still wear them if we'd like. What will Sondico do? Complain that we are giving them free advertising? lol 

5 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

My guess would be because we've made a right pigs ear of things and are weeks behind where we needed to be because no one at the club has any experience in the process of designing/ manufacturing and distributing a Championship club's replica kit.

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Look at the Lacatoni gear as a temporary stop gap sort of thing. And I wouldn't expect new shirts on sale anytime soon unless a miracle of biblical proportions happens.

Funnily enough, I did see a long-haired bloke carrying a loaf of bread and some fish knocking around the training ground earlier. At first I assumed it was just George Boyd on his lunch break, but then I remembered that he's busy in Portugal right now, so the only logical explanation is that it was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Shame he performed the wrong bloody miracle though, eh? What a waste...

5 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Thats fine lol 

So why exactly is it taking so long. 

Its not not like it's been sprung upon us. We knew this was going to happen. 

Surely heads must roll for this. It's incompetence pure and simple. 

4 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

This indicates 2 possible scenarios 

a. Teething problems bringing manufacturing "in house"  OR

b. DC has done a total U turn and gi'en stripes back, hence the delay in remodelling the kit. 

I'm hoping the latter is the case. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

My guess would be because we've made a right pigs ear of things and are weeks behind where we needed to be because no one at the club has any experience in the process of designing/ manufacturing and distributing a Championship club's replica kit.

Maybe we have decided it in full, but because the company we are using to produce it won't make any money off it they've put us bottom of the list? Rightly so  too, they run a business themselves.

Like I said it would be pointless to pay for a stop gap when we have stuff we could use for free already.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Yes I know it has. But we own all the training kits, not Sondico, so we can still wear them if we'd like. What will Sondico do? Complain that we are giving them free advertising? lol 

I don't know, I'm no expert on it. But Lacatoni are a convenient bridge to provide all the gear for the Portugal tour and pre season.

But I've been told that Lacatoni have got absolutely nothing to do with the new kits.