Next season kit

11 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

A LOT OF MONEY!?!?!

How many do you buy in a season? 

Do you buy a new shirt every time you moan about Nuihu?... 

:baby:

4 minutes ago, CS5swfc said:

I'm sure Mr Chansiri's losing his mind over your £40

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I bought 8 season before last. 1 for me when they were released and I bought another in the sales. The others were for my nephews and nieces. I bought the grand total of zero of that abomination last season.

3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I bought 8 season before last. 1 for me when they were released and I bought another in the sales. The others were for my nephews and nieces. I bought the grand total of zero of that abomination last season.

...and that's really the only way the kit design will change - by demonstrating to the club your thoughts on the matter by keeping your cash in your pocket. There are plenty of Wednesday kits (striped or otherwise) which I've thought looked naff over the years, so I didn't buy them. Like most people, I only buy the kits I like. 

Unfortunately for you, it seems the fanbase at large don't feel the same way you do, as the club reported record sales of last season's shirt and it seemed to be everywhere you looked in the stands last season. Your 8 lost sales were seemingly a drop in the ocean compared to the numbers who rushed to buy the shirt.

Guest mrbluesky

It's looking like a 'clusterf*ck* of a start to the celebrations, if the training tops are anything to go by, it looks tacky with whatever the makers are called and to top it off we're playing Rangers.

Hope I'm wrong like.lol

I genuinely didn't realise how strongly some people felt about stripes. To me it's always been the colours blue & white which primarily represent Sheffield Wednesday. Stripes I would admit are obviously also strongly linked with our brand, but by far and away the most important thing to me is the colour.

I've been surprised by a few posts I've seen lately which place stripes above many things (such as the colours blue & white) in their priority lists of things that represent us.

7 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Funnily enough, I did see a long-haired bloke carrying a loaf of bread and some fish knocking around the training ground earlier. At first I assumed it was just George Boyd on his lunch break, but then I remembered that he's busy in Portugal right now, so the only logical explanation is that it was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Shame he performed the wrong bloody miracle though, eh? What a waste...

So he turned up at the wrong training ground to meet the lads :goalie:

21 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I genuinely didn't realise how strongly some people felt about stripes. To me it's always been the colours blue & white which primarily represent Sheffield Wednesday. Stripes I would admit are obviously also strongly linked with our brand, but by far and away the most important thing to me is the colour.

I've been surprised by a few posts I've seen lately which place stripes above many things (such as the colours blue & white) in their priority lists of things that represent us.

It's blue & white stripes. Wouldnt want orange & pink stripes, or any other combo.

Blue & white stripes. Simple. Celtic are hoops, green & white hoops. 

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

It's blue & white stripes. Wouldnt want orange & pink stripes, or any other combo.

Blue & white stripes. Simple. Celtic are hoops, green & white hoops. 

Yeah, Celtic haven't had anything other than green and white hoops at any point in the past 50 years. Wednesday, on the other hand, have a fine tradition of varying our shirt design and breaking away from the evenly-spaced-stripes at times, as we have done for 10 out of the past 50 years.

17 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yeah, Celtic haven't had anything other than green and white hoops at any point in the past 50 years. Wednesday, on the other hand, have a fine tradition of varying our shirt design and breaking away from the evenly-spaced-stripes at times, as we have done for 10 out of the past 50 years.

20% of the time we aren't in stripes. We would be breaking tradition if we didn't have a break from stripes at the moment 

12 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

20% of the time we aren't in stripes. We would be breaking tradition if we didn't have a break from stripes at the moment 

Exactly. It's not as if Chansiri has decided to rip up and discard the club's identity as some are trying to make out.

The badge has reverted to the club's original badge; the shirts have retained the two colours we've always used; and the designs are based on historical kits.

I could maybe understand the outrage if this were the first time we'd not used evenly-spaced-stripes, but it's not. My favourite Wednesday kit when I was a kid didn't have stripes, and that was in the mid 90s.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Exactly. It's not as if Chansiri has decided to rip up and discard the club's identity as some are trying to make out.

The badge has reverted to the club's original badge; the shirts have retained the two colours we've always used; and the designs are based on historical kits.

I could maybe understand the outrage if this were the first time we'd not used evenly-spaced-stripes, but it's not. My favourite Wednesday kit when I was a kid didn't have stripes, and that was in the mid 90s.

Your favourite shirt?

IMG_8678.JPG.a559fc6a473b6d10f41cd5ccd6f81562.JPG

My favourite shirt

IMG_8679.JPG.1fbf51069c2da6f056d8a76a633ea575.JPG