Next season kit

10 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Or, we realise it's only a chuffing football kit and it's something not worth getting in a paddy over?

As long as it's blue I couldn't give 2 kahoots if it's got stripes on or not.

Blue???? 

Why on earth are you bothered about the colour, it'e only a friggin football shirt, not worth getting all worked out about the colour chuffin scheme.

I couldn't gibe 2 kahoots about the colour. Get a grip West Its just a football shirt - who cares what colour it is.

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Blue???? 

Why on earth are you bothered about the colour, it'e only a friggin football shirt, not worth getting all worked out about the colour chuffin scheme.

I couldn't gibe 2 kahoots about the colour. Get a grip West Its just a football shirt - who cares what colour it is.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaha

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

At least we nearly agree on something, DC has come up with something new for HIMSELF, based on his preference.

This kit has nothing to do with our anniversary. Using our anniversary is shameful IMO. Showing total lack of respect for the club & fans.

My shoes won't be coming off in the car park, but I've lost respect for Chansiri, no transfer fee, no matter how big, will change that for me.

Lots of fans have expressed they would like a break from stripes. DC has listended to those fans

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Lots of fans have expressed they would like a break from stripes. DC has listended to those fans

I smell horsesh1te. You've just made that up.

I've never heard a single Wednesday fan in my 36 of going, state that they would prefer us in an all blue kit.

8 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

The question has never been asked though has it?

But when last season's kit came out, there were loads that did like it, me included.  I didn't hear a single person slagging it off at matches, only on here, including that numbskull that said the revealing of last season's kit was the "worst day in his 40 years of watching Wednesday"!!!

:picnic:

If that was his worst day, he's had a very charmed life. 

3 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

The question has never been asked though has it?

But when last season's kit came out, there were loads that did like it, me included.  I didn't hear a single person slagging it off at matches, only on here, including that numbskull that said the revealing of last season's kit was the "worst day in his 40 years of watching Wednesday"!!!

:picnic:

The apathy toward Chansiri changing our kit to be all blue, caught me by surprise too.

I think many thought it would be a one season affair, and folk definitely thought it wouldn't be repeated for our 150th year.

Chansiri wouldn't put the queston to season ticket holders/members in a poll, because he knows what the result would be. He's gone ahead and done it anyway.

Bit dramatic the worse day in 40s years, but i know where he's coming from.

29 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

So there's some that aren't bothered what we wear as along as it's blue and white. And there are the ones that are passionate we keep the stripes.

So.....

IMG_8679.JPG.6832ade71452ea1761ac20bac1470f66.JPG

Bm4aP1DIMAAIUjI.jpg

Sammy the snake.

It's a c0ck and balls man!

Edited by owlZfan84

47 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I smell horsesh1te. You've just made that up.

I've never heard a single Wednesday fan in my 36 of going, state that they would prefer us in an all blue kit.

Look how well the current kit has sold. Nobody cares that much about the stripes. Wake up and smell the coffee, this such great tradition is reserved for a handful of moaners on owlstalk.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Look how well the current kit has sold. Nobody cares that much about the stripes. Wake up and smell the coffee, this such great tradition is reserved for a handful of moaners on owlstalk.

86 pages indicates other wise.

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Any published figures on the record sales? Is it on numbers or in sterling?

The numerous shirts still in the shop tells me otherwise. The previous shirts were a struggle to get hold of at times after Christmas.

An update on the 70s shirt and it will be like Black Friday

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

2 hours ago, j17tjp said:

Can you imagine how bad Owlstalk was in 1886 

"I requesteth mine stripes doth return" 

Probably similar insults traded though....

Sir, may I respectfully suggest that you are the end of a bell.

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Out of the blue & white striped band of Brothers,, only West Brom rival us for club size and a genuine blue & white striped history (with least interruptions)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaCapture.JPG

And there it is, our unique identifier.

Blue and White Stripes with Black Shorts

5 hours ago, zzmdu said:

We don't have a tradition of varying our shirt design away from blue and white stripes. Like all Striped/Hooped teams (inc Celtic) width have varied.

Only TWO kits since 1890 years completely did away with clearly visible blue and white stripes-

: last seasons and the 1965-72 

* the 1995 kit pushed it to the limit IMO.

You can't simply rewrite our history. I realize, you've added in the evenly (not sure why). But here are our kits over the last 50 years, prior to CC.

Despite the rubbish spouted on here, there is no fine history of deviating away from Blue & White stripes, just the very odd feck up - being used to justify CCs desire to get rid of stripes.

Capturello.JPG

So in the 50 years before Chansiri, we played in non-striped shirts for nigh on a fifth of the time? That tallies with what I said. He's not destroying our traditions here - he's drawing on them.

I'm not attempting to rewrite history; just pointing out that we've played in non-striped shirts before. You see them as 'feck ups'; others see them as decent Wednesday shirts.

As for the non-evenly striped thing, last season's kit has stripes if that distinction doesn't matter. But then those late 80s shirts don't look like 'traditional' Wednesday shirts to me...

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So in the 50 years before Chansiri, we played in non-striped shirts for nigh on a fifth of the time? That tallies with what I said. He's not destroying our traditions here - he's drawing on them.

I'm not attempting to rewrite history; just pointing out that we've played in non-striped shirts before. You see them as 'feck ups'; others see them as decent Wednesday shirts.

As for the non-evenly striped thing, last season's kit has stripes if that distinction doesn't matter. But then those late 80s shirts don't look like 'traditional' Wednesday shirts to me...

Do you work for a quango? That is some stat fiddling