Grant Hanley

Newcastle paid 5 million for him and surely his wages will be very decent ,unless Newcastle let him go for next to nothing no club will take his wages on which surly will be 30k a week plus . we have same problem we are stuck with so many players who wouldn't  get half there wages at another club due to very poor business by carlos .

8 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

As stated before don't rate Hanley at all think he's a step backwards.

however another name to throw into the mix would be Steven Caulker ?? Good age good pedigree but gone stale at QPR and needs a move. Capped for England too I believe. Tall with pace and can defend. He's one I'd look at.

Got some personal issues he needs to address first, but if he could sort himself out he'd be a great addition. 

18 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

As stated before don't rate Hanley at all think he's a step backwards.

however another name to throw into the mix would be Steven Caulker ?? Good age good pedigree but gone stale at QPR and needs a move. Capped for England too I believe. Tall with pace and can defend. He's one I'd look at.

I think Caulker would be an excellent signing, very similar to Bartley - if we could get them two (longshot i know) bloody hell, along with Lees and Loovens .. great strength there.

I'm always throwing these 3 guys in to the defensive ring as well, Kenneth Omeuro and Tomas Kalas at Chelsea, and Tamas Kadar, formerly of Newcastle. Think it would be a loan option for the first 2 but Kadar should be relatively cheap.

Andreas Christiensen at Chelsea as well, been on loan at Munching-gladblokes or what not looks like a very interesting prospect as well. Young and can't see him breaking in to the Chelsea team anytime soon - could be wrong.

And what about Reece Oxford at West Ham?

Also I signed a guy on fifa who's a monster .. Mauricio Lemos. Think he's in spain and looks relatively cheap but reckon he'll move on to a big club soon.

25 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Also I signed a guy on fifa who's a monster .. Mauricio Lemos. Think he's in spain and looks relatively cheap but reckon he'll move on to a big club soon.

You signed a guy on Fifa... you are aware it's a game aren't you?

F0000000k me!

I know we have a £4m bid in for Hanley. If you guys were to come in, it would be interesting to see what we'd do. We don't want to be getting into player auctions this summer due to the lack of funds for transfers at the moment. If we shipped a few out then fine, but at the minute we have very little to spend. You guys probably would be able to get him ahead of us but the only other club in for him at the moment is Wolves but they are yet to bid due to the change of manager. 

10 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I know we have a £4m bid in for Hanley. If you guys were to come in, it would be interesting to see what we'd do. We don't want to be getting into player auctions this summer due to the lack of funds for transfers at the moment. If we shipped a few out then fine, but at the minute we have very little to spend. You guys probably would be able to get him ahead of us but the only other club in for him at the moment is Wolves but they are yet to bid due to the change of manager. 

At £4m you're welcome to him.

2 minutes ago, scram said:

I wouldn't pay a penny for him tbh

I'd much rather take a calculated risk on Joel Ekstrand for free

Do you anything about his fitness for these last couple of years, scram?

Looked a really good player previously, but I can only assume injury and fitness issues saw him struggle to get on the pitch at Bristol and Rotherham.

He has struggled with a knee injury which is why he wasn't get much game time at City or Rotherham

He eventually had another op - i gather that it has fixed the issues he was struggling with and he is now back to full fitness

Obviously it would be a risk of sorts but with thorough pre-signing surveillance on the knee then the risk can be mitigated

If fit there won't be a better CB available for free imo