Grant Hanley

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Sasso absolutely loves a mistake. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back though as 4th choice 

didn't Tom Lees run into hunt against Huddersfield leaving them to break away down the wing. the point is I think every defender has made an error this season 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

he must have summat coz so many seem to want him signed ....I personally think he just north of useless and could see him going the same way as the some other" big beast" of centre backs we've had who have been less than popular with the faithful .

Agree with this

Wasn't at all surprised he rarely got closer to a game for Newcastle than i did

Blackburn suffered for selling Stephens - not Hanley

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

And Hutchinson is nowhere near as reckless at the back, as he can be in midfield. I'm sure we can pick up a quality loanee to perform Hutchinson's current duties in midfield, but maybe someone who is a little more comfortable going forward

I personally wish we could do a Watford and outscore every team on our way to to the premier league. quiet happy winning every week 5 4 lol  don't want a midfield monster lol

Edited by owls_wawaw
added content

40 minutes ago, scram said:

Agree with this

Wasn't at all surprised he rarely got closer to a game for Newcastle than i did

Blackburn suffered for selling Stephens - not Hanley

Duffy, you mean Scram. He was another one who I thought had limited ability, but he proved to be just what Brighton needed

57 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

didn't Tom Lees run into hunt against Huddersfield leaving them to break away down the wing. the point is I think every defender has made an error this season 

Some more than others though to be fair. Sasso ducked against Leeds and got away with the same thing against Birmingham. He got caught at Forest too.

I think hes a solid squad player for us, but we need to learn from last season. When Hutchinson was needed in midfield and when loovens was injured a cb pairing of Lees and Sasso wouldn't challenge for top 2. Another injury would make it even worse.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

It seems to be that the current management are quite good at gathering players (by numbers anyway) but we've yet to see if they are any good at selling off players to buy in other players to re-shape the squad. I think this season is the time to prove they are capable of doing the latter.

McGugan is a prime example of a player not in favour just being ignored and players like Emanuelson being paid a years wages for what?

Probably get slaughtered for this but I think Urby should have been retained, I was quite impressed with his cameo against Fulham.

16 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Defo has the same expression on his face all the time look utterly gormless 

Total liability. 

Being Scottish, I have seen what a bombscare he is far too much. Really hope we don't go for him.

53 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Defo has the same expression on his face all the time look utterly gormless 

He does look a bit like Trigger from Only fools and Horses, but he did win Blackburn's player of the year twice. That's twice more than Duffy.

4 hours ago, Grenoside owl said:

He's apparently available, could he be the answer? Meant to be signing for Derby, would be nice to get one over them for a change 

Never heard of him 

2 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

Probably get slaughtered for this but I think Urby should have been retained, I was quite impressed with his cameo against Fulham.

Drugs really arnt good for you  mate . 

5 hours ago, BigOwl said:

Newcastle paid big money for him and he was absolute gash so spent most of the rest of the season in the reserves.

On a free to replace Sasso would be fine but id hate to see us spend a big part of the budget on him

Totally agree with this. As a footballer he is so very average. 

Loan - maybe 

Big fee - no thanks 

38 minutes ago, torres said:

Totally agree with this. As a footballer he is so very average. 

Loan - maybe 

Big fee - no thanks 

After wasting all that money on Rhodes, I don't think we can afford any more big fees