Grant Hanley

Guest Arnold
23 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Newcastle paid 5 million for him and surely his wages will be very decent ,unless Newcastle let him go for next to nothing no club will take his wages on which surly will be 30k a week plus . we have same problem we are stuck with so many players who wouldn't  get half there wages at another club due to very poor business by carlos .

Carlos dosn't negotiate the contracts 

On 6/6/2017 at 10:36, scram said:

I wouldn't pay a penny for him tbh

I'd much rather take a calculated risk on Joel Ekstrand for free

I'd say a risk more than a calculated one.  Been knocking around the bottom of the Championship since leaving Watford and don't see how he is an upgrade on Loovens or Sasso.  Centre half is one area we need to sign an obvious first team starter to really improve things from last time. 

On 06/06/2017 at 10:48, scram said:

He has struggled with a knee injury which is why he wasn't get much game time at City or Rotherham

He eventually had another op - i gather that it has fixed the issues he was struggling with and he is now back to full fitness

Obviously it would be a risk of sorts but with thorough pre-signing surveillance on the knee then the risk can be mitigated

If fit there won't be a better CB available for free imo

But, we've got no medical staff! :tango:

4 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

I'd say a risk more than a calculated one.  Been knocking around the bottom of the Championship since leaving Watford and don't see how he is an upgrade on Loovens or Sasso.  Centre half is one area we need to sign an obvious first team starter to really improve things from last time. 

Ekstrand left watford having not played for a season - he had several offers but went to City where he got injured on the same knee and then continued to struggle with it

He has had remedial surgery which has now rectified the issue - at his best he is easily as good as Loovens and Hanley

But his lack of game time maintains he would be a calculated risk - but would cost nothing hence i'd rather take a minimal cost punt on him that an expensive one on a lump like Hanley

But having read that Curt Davies went for £500k then that represents an absolute steal and one we would have greatly benefited from if we could have made it happen

He's decent for pace - good on the ball and good in the air

If it's pace we want then a loan bid for Tommie Hoban (another Watford defender) would be a good shout - one of the quickest CB's in the country i'd imagine

50 minutes ago, scram said:

He's decent for pace - good on the ball and good in the air

If it's pace we want then a loan bid for Tommie Hoban (another Watford defender) would be a good shout - one of the quickest CB's in the country i'd imagine

Ain't off t'sty

To be fare there are 2-3 center backs available out of contract that I'd rather see us go after than spending 4-5m on Hanley. 

If it were Dunk last season I'd say break the bank but not sure Hanley is the same league to be honest. 

53 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

To be fare there are 2-3 center backs available out of contract that I'd rather see us go after than spending 4-5m on Hanley. 

If it were Dunk last season I'd say break the bank but not sure Hanley is the same league to be honest. 

He isn't but plenty said that about Duffy, a similar type of player, and he helped get Brighton out of this league. A dominant robust leader is exactly what we need, and Hanley fits the bill However, if we can find better, and cheaper, then great, go get em.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Roberts from The Dingles is the one id go for, but cant see the six fingered inbreds dealing with us after the Winnall transfer. 

He'd be a cracking signing but I think the chances of Barnsley dealing with us are slim at best unless we go in with a stupid offer.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He'd be a cracking signing but I think the chances of Barnsley dealing with us are slim at best unless we go in with a stupid offer.

I agree mate 

Guest wilyfox

He'll go wherever they'll match his salary, or near as dammit. Suspect it will be one of the parachute teams. 

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Red Devils (Not Manchester United, the ones that leap out of planes)?

lol

Probably. His wages are sky high after all.