25 minutes ago, trask43 said:

I'll join the morons, as I think he's overrated. I think he been a great player for us and still is a very useful squad player but if we go into next season with him starting most games we won't be near automatic places.

For me he would have struggled to make the bench at Middleborough, burnley , hull, Newcastle or Brighton and that's the level we are aiming for. 

Plenty of poor championship teams have easily acquired players that are comparative or arguably better I'm thinking brown at Rotherham/Huddersfield Irvine at Burton hourihane Barnsley/villa.

Brown is not a patch on nor even slightly comparable to Lee in any way.

8 hours ago, macca99 said:

I have been on owlstalk for a few years but this is my first post as it is making my blood boil. Lee for me is the man that makes the team tick, a fantastic player who, in my opinion, is easily premier league class but yet I see so often on here people saying we need better or he wouldn't make our first 11. Interested to see if my opinion is agreed with or people think he isn't good enough (ps I think anyone who doesn't think he is one of the first 3/4 names on the team sheet are morons and don't have a clue about football)

I think it should be obvious to all what he brings to the team, but we can't all agree on and see the same things I suppose.

He is an intelligent player, with a quick footballing brain. He is also very quick over the first 20 meters or so. He has good feet, good vision and chips in with a decent return of goals. I personally think he has more goals in him, but it's finding the balance of his play making versus goal return. I think it is almost spot on.

Lee and Hooper are great link players. Both are mobile, selfless and their movement is not always easy to track, as they not only look for space, but a space which will pull the opposition out of formation if possible.

We have a great squad and for me Lee is a guaranteed starter, if there is such a thing.

I like Lee when he is right on his game, all over the place and running forward with the ball. The problem I have is sometimes (ie both semis) he dissapears in games and doesn't impose himself enough. Not sure if it's confidence or other players not playing well meaning he is doing all the donkey work, I'm not sure. The problem for me is that we desperately need a midfielder who will get beyond the strikers regularly and although KL does it occasionally it isn't enough.

Whats Steven Ireland like?

one report (not linking us but) saying we should ****** him 

also whats happening with Alan Judge? Has he recovered yet from broken leg. I would like to see him play for us.

Tenacious, attacking minded and can score  

1 hour ago, MRGRIM said:

I'd like to see Lee playing closer behind the Strikers. But I don't think we have the other midfielders to make it work.

If he plays closer to the strikers with Hutch as a third centre half it wont leave many players in the middle of the park.

Agree that Lee is a great player for us, but needs a partner to play alongside him, not playing in a back five 

23 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Brown is not a patch on nor even slightly comparable to Lee in any way.

I'm just going on what I've seen this season the lad is 20 has had one season in the champ in which he might get promoted and looked better than Lee in the two playoff games. Id certainly be happy to do Chelsea a swap.

5 hours ago, trask43 said:

I'm just going on what I've seen this season the lad is 20 has had one season in the champ in which he might get promoted and looked better than Lee in the two playoff games. Id certainly be happy to do Chelsea a swap.

to be fair in the playoff games Lee looked knackered not his usual mobile self probably due to games catching up with him after the long lay off

Players' form will wax and wane but Lee's attitude is spot on regardless if he's having a good or bad day.

For me he is one of our most able and intelligent players, makes good decisions most of the time and has real composure when it matters. Aside from Westwood he'd be first on the team sheet for me.

1 hour ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

to be fair in the playoff games Lee looked knackered not his usual mobile self probably due to games catching up with him after the long lay off

True, should have probably been on the bench for the second leg as he got through a lot of work in the first leg and would have allowed us to start with two wingers.

8 minutes ago, trask43 said:

True, should have probably been on the bench for the second leg as he got through a lot of work in the first leg and would have allowed us to start with two wingers.

Agree with this. Reach or even Nando on the left from the start would have made a difference. I thought Bazza had a good game but the shape let their right side players push on nearly all game.  On any other day KL has to start for me but with the right balance around him. 

17 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

We should pick on form & also on which players suit the game we want to play against the oppo.

I agree. Pity we don't. Thought it was happening towards the end of the season but seemed to go back to type them some strange substitutions. But Lee is one of our best players. Always looks to go forward as soon the ball is heading towards him.

I cannot fathom people who don't see Lee's value to the team. He's constantly on the move. Is capable of receiving the ball in tight situation and popping it out the other way. 

He has a tremendous work ethic and stamina, has the knack of making runs between the lines into space and the most valuable asset of all for a midfield player he has the ability to make a run beyond the forwards.  

Even in his quieter games he's keeps the play moving and ticking over something for which some players in this country are lauded for when that all they do.

He was quieter in the second leg of the play off. Though given the time he has been out injured, the quick succession of games and the fact that once more Bannan and he were outnumbered 3 to 2 by Hogg, Mooy and Brown it's no little wonder. 

He also took a horrific knock to the knee around the 60 minute mark when he blocked Wells' shot and the Huddersfield mans follow-thru caught him right in the side of his knee and bent it at a horrific angle. Lesser men wouldn't have been able to carry on. 

I understand that the subtlety of his play will be missed by some who only seem able to see midfield players value if they smash tackle, or ping 40 yard passes about. But for me he's been instrumental in everything good we have done over the past 4 seasons ,including keeping us up under Gray and making the play-off final last year.

If he leaves this club it will only be for one with similar aspirations or higher. 

On 21/05/2017 at 10:07, roaminowl said:

According to your profile on the left, it's your 26th post. For your next posts, please try not to refer to other posters as morons just because they have a different opinion to you. Ta.

I love Lee. Fantastic player but this above is very much correct. Let's at least try to treat each other with respect. 

Apart from the nobbers obviously.  :ph34r:

Edited by themaskedowl