After watching Bradford v millwall

47 minutes ago, pompeyowl said:

Completely disagree. 

Last season we were beaten by a better team, that pulled off an absolute worldy that befits a winner to any game. 

It hurt, but I could get over it, as I felt we'd overachieved to get there. 

This season we were playing a side that we'd already beaten twice. Went ahead, and seemed to be in control. Then concede a bobbar own goal, and get dumped out on penalties. 

What should have been an incredible night at home under the lights ended being one of the most painful experiences in all my years of watching football. 

Could not agree with you more.

We have so much more potential in the squad than we did last year and have looked a worse team on the whole. Why we were so negative in the semis is beyond me but it was very painful to watch.

Last year we used a similar tactic in the final because we were up against a very strong physical team. However, not once during 210 minutes against a low on confidence and mainly lightweight Huddersfield did we go for the jugular. That is what hurts way more than losing to a good team at Wembley like last year.

1 hour ago, pompeyowl said:

Completely disagree. 

Last season we were beaten by a better team, that pulled off an absolute worldy that befits a winner to any game. 

It hurt, but I could get over it, as I felt we'd overachieved to get there. 

This season we were playing a side that we'd already beaten twice. Went ahead, and seemed to be in control. Then concede a bobbar own goal, and get dumped out on penalties. 

What should have been an incredible night at home under the lights ended being one of the most painful experiences in all my years of watching football. 

Yep, losing on your own patch after taking the lead was particularly painful. One of the worst experiences since the Palace game 

Guest everydays_wednesday

Does the fact that the first 3 games next season could be.......Millwall (a) Burton (h) and Bolton (a) rather than Liverpool (a) Man Utd (h) and Chelsea (a) feel like our season has once again be wasted....?

Our best season for points and finish in donkeys years and yet still feels like a real let down.

I suppose it shows how far we have come and that reality needs to bite before we go again.

3 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

1st club to ever have fans invade the pitch.

Surprise surprise 

Them and scrubbers fans are exactly the same 

Championship congregating all the scrubbers together next season. Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Pigs, Millwall. All we need is the scousers and wev'e got them all together.

2 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Championship congregating all the scrubbers together next season. Leeds, Birmingham, Cardiff, Pigs, Millwall. All we need is the scousers and wev'e got them all together.

Some tasty away days there, don't mention f00kin scouser's though.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Seeing them promoted just makes me even more annoyed we bottled it.

Playing teams like them again, horrible club. 

Yep but it was a good game, guts n all, if we had shown the same passion would be booking our trip to Wembley

3 hours ago, swfcmike11 said:

Opposite for me. Can't put my finger on it but losing on Wednesday hurt a lot more than losing at Wembley last year. 

I know what mean...I think this years playoffs were a better chance than last years!! We basically threw away a better chance 

3 hours ago, swfcmike11 said:

Opposite for me. Can't put my finger on it but losing on Wednesday hurt a lot more than losing at Wembley last year. 

I agree. In fact I felt worse than after 93 FA final replay. At least then we were still in the top flight with a prospect of challenging for honours next season. Now all there is left is journeys to the likes of Burton Albion, Ipswich and the Lane