After watching Bradford v millwall

4 hours ago, swfcmike11 said:

Opposite for me. Can't put my finger on it but losing on Wednesday hurt a lot more than losing at Wembley last year. 

For me I fully expected us to beat Huddersfield and Reading. I just feel we've thrown away our best chance in years of promotion and it all stems to us sitting back at 1 up 

15 hours ago, OutspokenTom said:

Could not agree with you more.

We have so much more potential in the squad than we did last year and have looked a worse team on the whole. Why we were so negative in the semis is beyond me but it was very painful to watch.

Last year we used a similar tactic in the final because we were up against a very strong physical team. However, not once during 210 minutes against a low on confidence and mainly lightweight Huddersfield did we go for the jugular. That is what hurts way more than losing to a good team at Wembley like last year.

Can't disagree with that. 

For a different reason that I stated, you agree that this year hurt more than last?

After watching yesterday I realised just how much we didn't try last year when Bradford went behind they pumped everything forward and tried to create mistakes in the millwall defence what did we do when we went behind we kept passing around the defence and showed no intent in going for it.

17 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

1st club to ever have fans invade the pitch.

Surprise surprise 

Them and scrubbers fans are exactly the same 

I have to disagree there. Nobody likes Millwall, but everybody hates the scrubbers.

Losing at a final, losing in the semi final...

Both sucked tbh. 

Seriously hope that we can challenge for the top 2 next season (easier said than done). 

Still think the play offs are a great concept, but it sure as hell sucks getting knocked out of them two seasons running. 

To be honest, baring them from promotion would hit the players directly and that would be totally unfair on them as they did nothing wrong - and actually condone what happened. Steve Morrison has twice had a go at his own fans, once at Scunny and then yesterday.

What I would do is to fine to the club and make them play 5 games behind closed doors, except away fans.

Just now, pompeyowl said:

Everybody hates Millwall. They are the Leeds of the (further) south. 

I was referring to their song of course, but yeah you are right and yesterday showed us again the reasons why.

53 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

To be honest, baring them from promotion would hit the players directly and that would be totally unfair on them as they did nothing wrong - and actually condone what happened. Steve Morrison has twice had a go at his own fans, once at Scunny and then yesterday.

What I would do is to fine to the club and make them play 5 games behind closed doors, except away fans.

Can you imagine being an away fan showing up at Millwall with no home fans, though?

it just wouldn't be safe. They take pride on being vile, and you would only end up having to face thousands of their idiots when leaving the ground. 

The normal Millwall fan that's not there for the trouble would have no reason to be there, so it would be 100% thugs that you'll face outside. 

1 minute ago, pompeyowl said:

Can you imagine being an away fan showing up at Millwall with no home fans, though?

it just wouldn't be safe. They take pride on being vile, and you would only end up having to face thousands of their idiots when leaving the ground. 

The normal Millwall fan that's not there for the trouble would have no reason to be there, so it would be 100% thugs that you'll face outside. 

It wasn't the best idea and I thought that after I had posted, but couldn't edit the post. You have a fair point to be honest and I hadn't even considered that element of away fans only. It would be asking for trouble.

Ban away travel then for 10 games. Impose a fine, with a the potential of a further fine and points deduction should they do the same again.

2 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

It wasn't the best idea and I thought that after I had posted, but couldn't edit the post. You have a fair point to be honest and I hadn't even considered that element of away fans only. It would be asking for trouble.

Ban away travel then for 10 games. Impose a fine, with a the potential of a further fine and points deduction should they do the same again.

Continuous fines and playing behind closed doors will be the only way to effectively punish those that keep on acting up. 

Having seen the French fans getting in when their team plays behind closed doors, I can only imagine it will encourage Millwall fans to attempt similar. 

However, for all the time that nothing is being done, the FA are effectively communicating to their idiots that what they continue to do is ok.