Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

19 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Derby come back in for Forestieri. But IF he goes I think it would only be to a club near London so he can move back to where some of his family live. 

Come on fella keep up,a picture of a Watford shopping centre last week or week before meant he's re-signing for watford,still waiting for confirmation like but hey ho.

Can't believe that we didn't try to tempt him back to Hillsborough!!  WTF:

Former Cardiff City striker Jay Bothroyd has joined Japenese side Hokkaido Consadole Sapporo.

The forward opted for a move abroad in 2014 when he joined Thai outfit Muangthong United before securing a switch to Japenese club Jubilo Iwata a year later.

Hull are set to lose their player of the year Sam Clucas for around £8million. Top flight clubs such as Leicester; West Brom, Burnley and Newcastle are interested in him. Hull are said to be targeting Cardiff City's impressive Danish U21 striker Kenneth Zohore. (Source: Yorkshire Post)

Our transfer direction is too rigid. I could understand Carlos's desire for an experienced core of players, but surely we have that now. Boyd is a decent signing yes, but do we need two thirty something's vying for the wide birth The same in midfield, even our two back up midfielders are both over thirty. We simply don't require any more experienced players.

What we require are, pace, power and young legs, I'm afraid I don't agree with Carlos's policy and am concerned that we might be in for another season of dull football. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Our transfer direction is too rigid. I could understand Carlos's desire for an experienced core of players, but surely we have that now. Boyd is a decent signing yes, but do we need two thirty something's vying for the wide birth The same in midfield, even our two back up midfielders are both over thirty. We simply don't require any more experienced players.

What we require are, pace, power and young legs, I'm afraid I don't agree with Carlos's policy and am concerned that we might be in for another season of dull football. 

You don't win anything with kids.

1 hour ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

If we do upgrade our full backs, then it's important we bring in some pace because if we lack pace on either wing we can make up for it at full back. We should target someone like Derby's Cyrus Christie.

How about the pacy Chris Gunter?

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

How about the pacy Chris Gunter?

Just signed a new contract apparently but would have been ideal at the reported £1million. Christie is ideal has he's got pace to burn, he's an international too and he's available for around £1.5million.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Just signed a new contract apparently but would have been ideal at the reported £1million. Christie is ideal has he's got pace to burn, he's an international too and he's available for around £1.5million.

HP?

Surely if that's true we'd be mad not to be in talks with him already!

Just now, Mr. Wednesday said:

The Derby Telegraph yesterday, one of the West London papers and one of the North East papers, as QPR and Middlesbrough are among those interested.

He'd add pace, height, is probably sightly better than Hunt but even if you just stated he's direct competition as they're very similar in style (ie exactly what Carlos is after in a fullback, especially playing behind the Wallace and Boyd type of winger)... christ if there's any truth in this we'd be mad not to get him

Is Bullen our new DOF? We'll soon have more Scots than Celtic when they won European Cup.

But Hanley and Snodgrass , especially, would be real quality.

On rigidity, ok you can get the odd Hudders with some kids but how many in promoted Championship teams in last few years?

Looks like our experience policy is right way to go (up).