SWFC CHAIRMAN - DEJPHON CHANSIRI STATEMENT

He'll do for me. Great statement and very nicely balanced. Nothing too silly, just saying how we all feel. Slightly disappointed he didn't mention the pigs a couple of times or point out how much better than them we will be but he's no mcsue so I'll let it slide. He's got a lot to learn obviously, my only hope is he takes a long hard look across the city and can implement some of the things they do so well which is guaranteed to see them win back to back promotions. 

Just now, MuddyFunkster said:

Great statement from a really genuine guy. I read between the lines on a couple of his points (rightly or wrongly) which makes me think he could be considering replacing the manager.

Reading between of the lines of someone who is expressing his thoughts in a language that is not his first? give the guy a break.

Right statement - no knee jerk moves but DC will have a lot to think about over the next few weeks once the dust settles.

I think we are at abit of a crossroads.  The current path has got us a long way. 

..But perhaps some changes are needed to move us to the next level.

Interesting summer ahead...

It's cheered me up a bit that, after the unbelievable downer I've been on today from as soon as I opened my eyes from trying to sleep all night.

He seems to have fully "got it" now. He knows how much this club means to us all.

There is one thing though that he might not have fully grasped yet, which we need to make sure he understands quick sharp and that is just how much a Sheffield Derby win means.

lol

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

It's cheered me up a bit that, after the unbelievable downer I've been on today from as soon as I opened my eyes from trying to sleep all night.

He seems to have fully "got it" now. He knows how much this club means to us all.

There is one thing though that he might not have fully grasped yet, which we need to make sure he understands quick sharp and that is just how much a Sheffield Derby win means.

lol

As long as he's not just happy with a Thai. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Reading between of the lines of someone who is expressing his thoughts in a language that is not his first? give the guy a break.

What?! Reading between the lines is not a dig at the chairman. I loved his statement, like I said.

20 minutes ago, FAT OWL said:

Not only is it a good statement, I think its an honest one too. He's got the bug, you know the one we all have, whatever the league, whatever the result.

We all whinge like buggery at times, but we love the club, we cant help it. I don't think I've ever come across another group of supporters like us.

For those of us who are parents Sheffield Wednesday is like one of our kids. We will always love him/her, we can't do otherwise.

Next year season is our 150th birthday. Its the year we go up. As Champions.

There you go!!:biggrin:

44 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

He's one of our own,

He's one of our own,

Dejphon Chansiri,

He's one of our own.

I like this song.

I wanna tell you, I might as well do

about a man called Dejphon Chansiri

he comes from Thailand 

he's got some finance 

Chan-siri, Chan-siri, Chan-siri

:baby:

...Great statement by the way! 

We'll come back stronger from this, bring on next season! 

UTO

14 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

lol

And stripes. They mean a lot. 

lol

13 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

"We will analyse every area of the business and improve it to ensure we are prepared for the next challenge ahead."

Reading between the lines, a deep look at the coaching setup is going to happen?

Alternative interpretation "we are going to try and get better right across the board" (no particular emphasis on any area). It's a fairly common tone to strike when you are reassuring a fairly large group of people with somewhat diverse concerns that you are not going to undervalue any aspect of the business (if that comes across as a bit patronising from me then I apologise - it's not intended, I just want to make clear a different interpretation of DC's business-speak):biggrin:

My God..Its like a f.ookin' Victorian melodrama on here..all heaving bosoms an' bodice splittin' nonsense...

DC..runnin' across the North Yorks moors shoutin' "Heathcliffe"....

Owlsman...(Pullin' up his trousers after havin' dump cos we were 1-0 down at Brentford) wipin' his ar*e on a dock leaf an' loping in slow motion toward DC wiv his arms open wide...

Thank f.ookery I'm half p*ssed...I couldn't take this sober after yesterday

Good statement 

Without me sounding like an sentimental bore, he's right with what he says about experiencing the lows to appreciate the highs. I watched all the celebrations from Hull at Wembley, and I watched the Huddersfield fans and players after the penalties last night. It will be so sweet when we eventually get back up