Shopping List

I'd go nick Bartley from Swansea. Even Mooy if Huddersfield don't go up. 

Really think we need a top winger, someone with pace and can get at people. Someone different to anything we have. 

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We have 8 players out of contract 

Most of which are our neither our highest earners nor first team regulars. I'll take it as a given that Dielna, Sougou, and Lachman are on their way as they've been on loan since January. Semedo really should go now IMO, whilst Emanuelson should have no chance of staying unless the vast bulk of his wages is based on appearance money.

Wildsmith and Dawson will probably be made offers, whilst Sasso has the option of a one year contract extension.

Hardly the basis for having a clear out unless we are prepared to sell players.

Guest Coyt

GK-Westwood

RB- Darikwa ( ex Chesterfield player now at Burnley) 

CB-Lees

CB-Harlee Dean ( Brentford Captain, always rated him)

LB- Fox

CDM- Hutchinson

CDM- Jackson Irvine ( Burton midfielder, big strong lad and always good for a goal)

RW- Jota ( Been terrific for Brentford, bags of pace and skill)

ACM- Abdi

LW- Forestieri

CF- Rhodes

Subs

GK- Wildsmith

CB-O'Grady ( Think we should be giving this lad a shot at the first team next season, big prospect)

CM-Lee

CM-Bannan

RM/LM- Patrick Roberts ( young talented winger from Man City currently on loan at Celtic) 

CF- Winnall

CF- Hooper

Other options:

Fletcher

Loovens

Jones

Hunt

Hirst

Reach

Wallace

Dawson

Sasso

Offload:

Pudil

Palmer

Semedo

McGugan

Matias

Sougou

Melo

Dielna

Lachman

Emmanuelson

Joao

Nuhiu

That's how I'd like to see our side next season

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

New fullbacks.

Centre back to replace /compete with Loovens. 

A very good combative midfielder with more attacking threat than Hutchinson.

A good winger to replace/ compete with Wallace.

That's 5.

Exactly this.

A couple of no nonsense big personalities at cb and cm with one main asset leadership, the one. Big factor for me we lack, a couple of proper bags of determination, will to win captains that can marshal the troops on the pitch and push people. A lewis Dunk/ Dale Steven's style pair for me.... Hmmm wonder if they'd be surplus to requirements now Brighton are up??? 

Bit of pace and actually changing the system to play with wingers would bring the best out of the whole team for me. 

It would mean ALL of our current starting 11 would benefit. 

The full backs would benefit hugley because not all the expectation of width and attack would be on their shoulders. Pudil and Hunt have had to deal with being the focal point of our wing play AND getting back to defend. It's a bloody hard job to do week in week out and I honestly think that's why we don't rate them that highly because they don't always do it that effectively. 

The strikers would benefit no end. Actually having people running out wide and behind the defence would be PERFECT for poachers like Rhodes, Fletcher and Hooper. Imagine actually turning opposition defences ffs. 

It'd help our central midfielders. Bannan could actually look for longer passes in and behind the defence along the wings. Instead he has to wait for the full backs to attack OR the strikers to come out wide which means players like Rhodes are coming away from the danger zones that he should be operating in. 

Finally it'd be great for our defence, to give them a break. Help the team get out quicker and push forward. 

Having pace all over the pitch, provided the players with pace are decent at passing (which lets be honest we should be able to afford) would improve this whole squad no end I feel. 

Just now, runningaround said:

Agreed. We lack pace in to stretch teams in behind and this let's teams pen us in somewhat. Crucial we get in a pacy ball carrier to give us another method of attacking sides 

A couple of shrewd signings and a tweak in tactics over the summer could be the difference. 

There are 4 stages here

stage1- chansiri decides what 'brand' of football meets his business objective

stage 2 - seek a football managerial team who will deliver this

stage 3 - managerial team assess current squad and ability to achieve said aim

stage 4 - recruit missing pieces.

this will take some time but I believe stage 1&2 is in train.

sorry for the business speak been at it all day and can't get out of it!lol

The priorities now are the same as last summer but which wernt sorted then .

Top quality centre half

A beast , box to box midfielder 

A pacy , direct winger who can get past his man and supply quality into the box.