Shopping List

1 minute ago, Random Task said:

Who knows. 

Something isn't right when you've got £7-8 million of signings on a massage table. 

Definitely. I suppose that we could just be really unlucky but it seems to be one after another. 

Edited by markg

38 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Only looked briefly but Jan Kirckoff stands out... if correct.

Tall, strong & can play if that's what we want in midfield.

Would be an improvement imo but he seems to be injury prone.

Edited by pwqe

5 minutes ago, markg said:

Definitely. I suppose that we could just be really unlucky but it seems to be one after another. 

Recruitment policy?

Hooper must have been fit for 10 games in last 12 months. Add Abdi, Buckley, McManaman, Matias, Emanuelson to that you could have signed Huddersfield's first 11. 

Then there's the fact that Rhodes hasn't managed to break into a sprint since he signed.... Is he unfit or just not that good?

Edited by Random Task

I think our shopping list has to be about quality not quantity. We've got a lot of good players and many of the ingredients, we just need to slim down the squad in certain areas and play a formation that gets the best out of our players (which 4-4-2 doesn't). 

Depends on who the manager is. If Carlos was to stay, there is little or no point in getting wingers. Seeing as the midfield is generally narrow, with the width coming from the full backs.

I think we definitely need another box to box midfielder, we really missed that position when Lee was out. I'd also get another centre back in to at the very least push Loovens. Two new full backs, an upgrade on Palmer to push Hunt and a new first choice left back.

Personally I'd like to see a long term replacement for Wallace come in. We don't need huge numbers to come in, just a few bits of extra quality and competition. As the same time we could probably do with trimming the squad, in anyone wants our fringe players.

It's a hard one to answer.

People are still hurting and are in a reactionary mindset after a shocking set of recent performances which causes people to think wholesale changes are essential.

But really, what has changed since the end of last season when people said we only needed a 'few minor tweaks' in terms of playing staff?

For me, our priority is to retain the 'core' of the team (Westwood, Lees, Hutch, FF and Keiran Lee) and spend money smartly on the following:

- A winger

- A new centre midfielder

- A new centre half

It will be tricky deciding who we let go, there are players like Wallace and Pudil who have generally played well the second half of the season but do they deserve another crack at the whip? I think we are in a more difficult place than 12 months ago in terms of recruitment and the decisions we will have to make. It should have been much more simple last summer but for whatever reason we made an absolute pigs ear of it all.