Down at the Mac - Udd's forum

36 minutes ago, RedSoxOwl said:

I love how much the money we've spent seems to really upset the other teams. This after taking the wee wee out of us for years for being skint and having to sell any decent  player we had. It's almost as if they preferred it when we were rubbish.

How much do they think Mooy Palmer and Brown would cost in the current market? 

Just because theyre on loan they still have expensive players

2 hours ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

As the noise increases and the cauldron (hahaha) builds - can it be handled?.

this is the big question for the players and indeed supporters of Sheffield Wednesday, they just aren't used to it.

hillsborough or as it it sometimes known "Sheffield library" is just not used to being anything other than a dull old run down football stadium - lost and left behind by more fashionable football clubs who have devoloped "modern stadia" with passionate fans that get behind their team no matter what.

they have one hope - maybe they can be driven on by the South Yorkshire brass band - that is if they are not double booked and are already playing at a church event or local feat , how's it go ... Der de de ta - der de de ta ....etc etc........ Classic tribal football song ....... Puts fear in to many a visiting supporter.

Freezing on the night has to be a fear for the little owl - 28k home fans can be daunting......... season 2010/11 saw the "Massive" packing them in with a average of 17k ....... And that was boosted by the 5k away following from The loud and proud Huddersfield Town.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104869/ithe-noise-all#ixzz4hEW8Tyba

They really do not have any idea of how different this game is to any other they have been to at Hillsborough. 

Its hilarious that they still finished below us on the last day too. Just another Barnsley 

I never ever go on other clubs forums but clicked a link on here the other day that directed me to down the mac or whatever it is called and they really hate us with a passion

They sound almost as bitter as the pigs. They come across very confident about tomorrow and have dressed up the 0-0 at their place as if it was an excellent result for them

If we were in their shoes I would be extremely worried having to come to our place infront of an intimidating atmosphere with the attacking options we've got

I think they know deep down that this season is their only crack at promotion because if they don't go up their manager will be snapped up by a bigger club and half their squad will be off

Let's be honest for a second. It really should have been three 0-0 draws this season

The league game at ours was settled by a penalty given for a shot that was going miles over the bar and smashed at his face from pretty close range. Very harsh decision. Neither team looked like scoring otherwise

The league game at yours we missed two very good chances in the first half after being the better side. The referee then allowed Wells to be dragged to the floor ignoring the most blatant foul before Wallace scored a worldy. He then sent off Payne where other referees would have just given a free kick and then allowed an offside goal to stand

Those 2 games could have gone either way. Sunday's game could only have been a draw or a Town win because lets face it, you didn't get close enough to our goal to score. 

I still expect you will win tomorrow night but it's not as nailed on as some of you may think. Two very evenly matched sides

Edited by skinner05

10 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

Let's be honest for a second. It really should have been three 0-0 draws this season

The league game at ours was settled by a penalty given for a shot that was going miles over the bar and smashed at his face from pretty close range. Very harsh decision. Neither team looked like scoring otherwise

The league game at yours we missed two very good chances in the first half after being the better side. The referee then allowed Wells to be dragged to the floor ignoring the most blatant foul before Wallace scored a worldy. He then sent off Payne where other referees would have just given a free kick and then allowed an offside goal to stand

Those 2 games could have gone either way. Sunday's game could only have been a draw or a Town win because lets face it, you didn't get close enough to our goal to score. 

I still expect you will win tomorrow night but it's not as nailed on as some of you may think. Two very evenly matched sides

lol 

7 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

The pressure is on both to get promoted. As it is on all four play off teams. However I think we have the pieces in place to have a good go again next season. With or without Carlos. But apparently we're going to sack carlos (which will see us crash and burn) ignoring the fact we could bring in someone better and our chairman will somehow turn from a fantastic businessman that has built up a substantial personal fortune into a complete nut job. 

It's all a bit my dads bigger than your dad

6 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

I like the one where someone said we were rubbish at Wembley so us fans stopped singing and supporting the players   lol 

Would that be the wembley last year where no one sat down or stopped singing for the whole match? The one where when Hull scored we sang even louder. The one where they had to pipe in music when Hull lifted the trophy and we were still singing. The one where the media were saying they hadnt seen anything like it at Wembley before?

Or maybe hes thinking of the Hull fans

30 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

lol

32 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

I still expect you will win tomorrow night but it's not as nailed on as some of you may think. Two very evenly matched sides.

Two very evenly matched sides, but gulfs of size inbetween the clubs. 

35 minutes ago, skinner05 said:

What are you on about. The whole league is about fine margins, you didn't take your chances so far and didn't deserve any points as a result. I think Huddersfield looked decent the other day but lacked a bit of a cutting edge, hopefully that continues.

Of course we're evenly matched we finished the season on the same points. I don't think many people think anything is a given, just that we are more comfortable at home. 

The thing that makes me laugh is that based purely on Sunday's game they think we're this very defensive team that try to catch other teams on the counter

eg. "Your manager makes a big thing about setting up to counter the opposition. You've played us three times this season and played exactly the same way - sitting back and trying to catch us on the break."

Is that the same 'defensive' team that scored 4 more goals than them this season?!

Edited by deansyowls