Down at the Mac - Udd's forum

Pressure is on both teams.

Wednesday have spent a lot of money, have some top players that we own, and to keep the top players happy we may need to be playing Premier League football next season or risk losing some of them to the division above.

Huddersfield will be lucky to be in this position again in the next 45 years, and the only chance of keeping Wagner and building a team as decent as they currently have is to win promotion.

We have home advantage with the scores level. It's advantage Wednesday, we just need to make that count. Our record under Carlos at Hillsborough is excellent and may that continue tomorrow night.

36 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Huddersfield Town - the team whose best two players belong to other clubs.

Did it detract from our promotion in 2012 that our best two players were arguably Marshall and Antonio with Batth adding a significant contribution?

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

'If wind comes into the play it certainly doesn't help our slick passing game, but burton away was cold wet and windy and we grinded something out, but if elements come into play it certainly favour Wednesday with there hit and hope style of play'

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104879/weather#ixzz4hETQjqKK

:duntmatter:

I am prepared to forgive the wrong 'their', but 'grinded'! 

2 minutes ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

Don't forget Ranger too... :ph34r:

There would never have been a "Mind the Gap" promotion without clever use of the loan market so I would never criticise a club like Huddersfield doing the same to mount a highly unexpected promotion push. I say good luck to them (apart from when it directly affects us). If we were already up in an automatic position and they were in the play-offs, I think it would be them that I would be rooting for.

I love how much the money we've spent seems to really upset the other teams. This after taking the wee wee out of us for years for being skint and having to sell any decent  player we had. It's almost as if they preferred it when we were rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I can't wait to get back in the Prem away from tinpot jokers like them. 

Aye, we may be faced with the galacticos of Bournemouth, Burnley, Swansea, Watford and Brighton instead.

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

'If wind comes into the play it certainly doesn't help our slick passing game, but burton away was cold wet and windy and we grinded something out, but if elements come into play it certainly favour Wednesday with there hit and hope style of play'

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104879/weather#ixzz4hETQjqKK

:duntmatter:

Udders lol