Down at the Mac - Udd's forum

As the noise increases and the cauldron (hahaha) builds - can it be handled?.

this is the big question for the players and indeed supporters of Sheffield Wednesday, they just aren't used to it.

hillsborough or as it it sometimes known "Sheffield library" is just not used to being anything other than a dull old run down football stadium - lost and left behind by more fashionable football clubs who have devoloped "modern stadia" with passionate fans that get behind their team no matter what.

they have one hope - maybe they can be driven on by the South Yorkshire brass band - that is if they are not double booked and are already playing at a church event or local feat , how's it go ... Der de de ta - der de de ta ....etc etc........ Classic tribal football song ....... Puts fear in to many a visiting supporter.

Freezing on the night has to be a fear for the little owl - 28k home fans can be daunting......... season 2010/11 saw the "Massive" packing them in with a average of 17k ....... And that was boosted by the 5k away following from The loud and proud Huddersfield Town.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104869/ithe-noise-all#ixzz4hEW8Tyba

Passionate fans = clackers.

Are they bringing them tomorrow night?

Will the 2016/17 Playoff final go down in history as 'the clacker final'...

...the one with swathes of empty seats and all the sexual tension of a horny grasshoppers speed dating meet.

Just now, Flat Owl said:

Passionate fans = clackers.

Are they bringing them tomorrow night?

Will the 2016/17 Playoff final go down in history as 'the clacker final'...

...the one with swathes of empty seats and all the sexual tension of a horny grasshoppers speed dating meet.

lol

11 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

This is what I find utterly baffling. It was clear as day what our game plan was on Sunday. And it worked.

We're able to adapt to teams different styles, however, Udd's can't. They play one way, and CC has that way figured out to a T.

Tomorrow night, offensively, we'll be a totally different animal.

Absolutely sure.

Can we have him banned from the site outrageous Americanism term.

Shocked and horrified. lol

7 minutes ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

they have one hope - maybe they can be driven on by the South Yorkshire brass band - that is if they are not double booked and are already playing at a church event or local feat , how's it go ... Der de de ta - der de de ta ....etc etc........ Classic tribal football song ....... Puts fear in to many a visiting supporter.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104869/ithe-noise-all#ixzz4hEW8Tyba

Have to say I agree with his/her sentiments there. Apart from it being our one hope obviously.

They really remind me of Doncaster a few years ago under Sean O'Driscoll.

Had some success and won plaudits for playing some good football.

But then embarrassed themselves with all the disrespect and mouthing off they did towards other clubs.

They do seem to have missed the fact that we played for a draw on Sunday, and got exactly what we came for.

However they'll also have seen our horrific ball retention which 100% wasn't part of the plan, and that's probably led them to believe that we put in a poor performance and are there for the taking.  

At the moment everyone is doing anything and everything to pass the time until tomorrow night and unfortunately that means having to read some right drivel on these forums! 

A lot of banter going around on that forum. Same as here. Fair enough. 

However, I'm completely confused as to how this is our only chance. Mega confused.

We have the chairman, the squad, the infrastructure and the finances to have a strong season next season if we don't go up. We could change the manager or keep him. Hell Watford had 4 managers the year they got promoted. Chansiri isn't the sort of chairman that sacks a manager lightly, he is respectful and does what's best for us moving forward.

Huddersfield on the other hand are in real danger of their better players being picked off from them. All the midfield loan players will be going back to the Prem and you can't really see them spending much to strengthen. I think this is their best shot at getting up and they realise it.

But no, apparently it's us who are in trouble if we don't go up lol

You really can't read too much into forum messageboards, they are a poor representation of a fan base.

I know two Huddersfield fans and they are level headed and down to earth.  If I was to show them some of the stuff on DATM they would cringe similarity to the way I cringe at some of the stuff on here.

It's an oppositions forum, they don't give a t0ss about us and why should they?  Let's not get all precious about this.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

A lot of banter going around on that forum. Same as here. Fair enough. 

However, I'm completely confused as to how this is our only chance. Mega confused.

We have the chairman, the squad, the infrastructure and the finances to have a strong season next season if we don't go up. We could change the manager or keep him. Hell Watford had 4 managers the year they got promoted. Chansiri isn't the sort of chairman that sacks a manager lightly, he is respectful and does what's best for us moving forward.

Huddersfield on the other hand are in real danger of their better players being picked off from them. All the midfield loan players will be going back to the Prem and you can't really see them spending much to strengthen. I think this is their best shot at getting up and they realise it.

But no, apparently it's us who are in trouble if we don't go up lol

Yeah, but have you not heard what Wagner and all his players are saying? The pressure is all on us.

:duntmatter:

I like it when fans of other clubs think they're getting under our skin by randomly making up stuff about the pigs, things like "Sheffield United fans are more passionate" and such tripe.

I don't even actually know who Huddersfield's rivals are, is it Holmfirth Rovers or summat?

31 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

'If wind comes into the play it certainly doesn't help our slick passing game, but burton away was cold wet and windy and we grinded something out, but if elements come into play it certainly favour Wednesday with there hit and hope style of play'

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104879/weather#ixzz4hETQjqKK

The last time that they visited S6 Ross Wallace did hit and hope....top right hand corner of the Udder's net if I remember correctly .

5 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Yeah, but have you not heard what Wagner and all his players are saying? The pressure is all on us.

The pressure is on both to get promoted. As it is on all four play off teams. However I think we have the pieces in place to have a good go again next season. With or without Carlos. But apparently we're going to sack carlos (which will see us crash and burn) ignoring the fact we could bring in someone better and our chairman will somehow turn from a fantastic businessman that has built up a substantial personal fortune into a complete nut job. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

I think the myth about it being our only chance comes from something Wagner said in the build up.

Basically he was saying we have spent a lot of money assembling a quality strong squad, and was hinting that we might go bust if we don't make it this year.

It was part of his attempt to take the pressure off himself and their players and lower the expectations of their fans.

Along the same lines as constantly saying they are the underdogs.

Appears their fans bought it.

If it helps them win, fair enough. Looks more like getting excuses in early though.