Down at the Mac - Udd's forum

Why is it every time there is a big game, the opposites need to fashion some "huge" rivalry, is it just envy? I would be embarrassed to make up a rivalry against Reading, Fulham or Udders -  our rivals are Utd, end of. As for tomorrow another close game, but will have enough in the end.

Just now, Groundhopping Owl said:

Their official club Twitter feed was trying to take the mick out of Carlos, then The Star Sports section replied and completely showed them up. 

They've got such an inferiority complex.

Must be something to do with being a Town not a City.... same inferiority complex as Rotherham, Barnsley etc.

Sounds like they've caught a bit of Sheffield Unitederitis, if they are basing how we will play tomorrow on what we did Sunday they will be in for a bit of a shock.

The difference is while they might come and defend, we actually know how to put the ball in the back of the net.

Edited by Kanye West

nice mix of the deluded and the suicidal on there, it reminds me of another football clubs forum, but the name escapes me at the moment, I'm sure it'll come to me

18 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Their official club Twitter feed was trying to take the mick out of Carlos, then The Star Sports section replied and completely showed them up. 

They've got such an inferiority complex.

What was said? Had a quick look on twitter but couldn't find owt

1 hour ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

As the noise increases and the cauldron (hahaha) builds - can it be handled?.

this is the big question for the players and indeed supporters of Sheffield Wednesday, they just aren't used to it.

hillsborough or as it it sometimes known "Sheffield library" is just not used to being anything other than a dull old run down football stadium - lost and left behind by more fashionable football clubs who have devoloped "modern stadia" with passionate fans that get behind their team no matter what.

they have one hope - maybe they can be driven on by the South Yorkshire brass band - that is if they are not double booked and are already playing at a church event or local feat , how's it go ... Der de de ta - der de de ta ....etc etc........ Classic tribal football song ....... Puts fear in to many a visiting supporter.

Freezing on the night has to be a fear for the little owl - 28k home fans can be daunting......... season 2010/11 saw the "Massive" packing them in with a average of 17k ....... And that was boosted by the 5k away following from The loud and proud Huddersfield Town.

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104869/ithe-noise-all#ixzz4hEW8Tyba

I've been passing the time by marking up their awful punctuation and spelling.

Also, I think they mean "out and proud" rather than "loud and proud".

Fnaar! Fnaar!

Steady on. Credit where credit's due. Wagner has done well with what he's got, but they've probably overachieved this season, and I think the fans know this is their ONLY opportunity to get to the promised land for years to come.  I don't think they've got the clout to improve the squad sufficiently enough to have another go in the foreseeable future or compete with the teams that come down from the Prem, and Clubs, like us, who do have the financial backing.  Basically, their game plan has been nullified, they can't change it, there's nothing else in the locker. DW , has taken them as far as they can go, next season he's onto a looser if he stays.  So you can understand why some of them are so angry and jealous of us. They're so close but so far away, and they know it.