Tactics!

26 minutes ago, poite said:

I think it's obvious that smashing them at our place is the plan.

I think it's more likely to be to nick it by 1 goal.

I don't see us going for it as they're equally dangerous on the counter.

I reckon we'll see a similar tactic on Wednesday.

1-0 will do just fine.

Terribly dull tactics by Carlos. Risky too, he'll be a genius if he wins on Wednesday but a liability fit for the scrapheap if he loses.

To be fair his tactics have got us where we wanted to be up to now but I'd love to see him release the shackles now and give us two attacking performances to remember.

41 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

I think it's more likely to be to nick it by 1 goal.

I don't see us going for it as they're equally dangerous on the counter.

I reckon we'll see a similar tactic on Wednesday.

1-0 will do just fine.

Will be this, and should be this Don't want to start changing tactics now, especially as the boring stuff has got us this far. I hope we don't play like this next year though, whatever division we're in. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Will be this, and should be this Don't want to start changing tactics now, especially as the boring stuff has got us this far. I hope we don't play like this next year though, whatever division we're in. 

I agree but we might need to in the Champions League the year after until we find our feet a bit.

6 hours ago, S1Owl said:

Huddersfield play aggressive so if we went out to win we'd be shafted at back but still passes me off that with our fire power wi can't create more like wi did back in early 90s 

Have you just compared any of our current strikers with David Hirst?

Wash your mouth out with soap.

6 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Does anyone know if Hutch is fit for Wed night?  Sorry if it's on a different thread - there are so many I'm losing track. I know I'll get back mixed opinions on this but he might be a better choice in the middle than Kieren Lee if we're going to play Barry Bannan. 

i think he will stick with Lee..Lee did as he was told today and stayed back but Wednesday should be different there will be more emphasis on attacking

I hope

I hope we don't regret these tactics. Personally I think it was an unwise gamble.

Carlos turned a 180 minute football contest into a 90 minute contest, and it wouldn't surprise me if he plays it ultra-cagey for the first 45 on Wednesday. I'm sure Udders will be only too pleased with that too. 

I think we have FAR more quality than Udders, and that over 180 minutes of "normal" football we have way too much for them and would come out comfortable winners. Newcastle and Fulham won by a combined 8-2 at Udders recently, by playing their normal game against an inferior side. 

The shorter the contest, the more chance that a fluke, error or dodgy decision decides the outcome. 

Played it like a great Italian side, just sat back & took the pressure. Just a shame we couldn't nick one on the counter! Other than that very pleased with how we handled them & can't wait to smash them on wednesday, up the Owls!!!

Lees reaction in the post match interview and (I've only seen) Hunt's reaction on twitter made it pretty clear that the players and manager weren't 100% happy with their performance and are in no way thinking that the job is done.

If we can maintain the same level defensively and not be so sloppy when we have the ball the game is ours on Wednesday night.

The fans have just got to stay behind us if we allow them to have  the ball for large spells and if things don't quite come off in a nervous game.

In a weird way it might help if they score first as I don't fancy them trying to hold on.

Anyway, it's ours to lose at home, full house on a Wednesday night.  These are the games you live for as a supporter and you do or die in as a manager or player.

The ref had a good game yesterday.  Who is it for Wednesday night because Sod's Law says it won't happen twice on the bounce....

We need to not be concerned about how we passed the ball yesterday. That game has gone, we are set up for Wednesday- it will be an extremely difficult game, but we've won plenty of those this season already. 

Doubt it will be open early on, we will have to be patient and wait for the moments to come - but I'm confident that they will!

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Lees reaction in the post match interview and (I've only seen) Hunt's reaction on twitter made it pretty clear that the players and manager weren't 100% happy with their performance and are in no way thinking that the job is done.

If we can maintain the same level defensively and not be so sloppy when we have the ball the game is ours on Wednesday night.

The fans have just got to stay behind us if we allow them to have  the ball for large spells and if things don't quite come off in a nervous game.

In a weird way it might help if they score first as I don't fancy them trying to hold on.

Anyway, it's ours to lose at home, full house on a Wednesday night.  These are the games you live for as a supporter and you do or die in as a manager or player.

The ref had a good game yesterday.  Who is it for Wednesday night because Sod's Law says it won't happen twice on the bounce....

I thought the ref was very calm and assured to as he was when we played Newcastle away.

Do we know who it is on Wednesday?

I understand that holding them to a nil scoreline before they come to us is a good psychological advantage, but not shots at a 21yr old reserve keeper is a wasted opportunity. 

Id like to think if this was a league match, we would have thrown everything at Udders. And maybe scored 4 from Rhodes at least. 

Just now, j17tjp said:

I understand that holding them to a nil scoreline before they come to us is a good psychological advantage, but not shots at a 21yr old reserve keeper is a wasted opportunity. 

Id like to think if this was a league match, we would have thrown everything at Udders. And maybe scored 4 from Rhodes at least. 

Was just saying the same to my son. Reserve 21 yo goalie in a massive occasion, and he didn't have a single shot to test him. 

Too negative by far.

17 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I do want to see a bit of a readustment at Hillsborough. Reach, Forestieri and Fletcher were totally ineffectual - so drop Reach and Fletcher, play Rhodes and Winnall up top with Forestieri in his preferred position on the left. Hopefully Hutch comes into midfield and helps us to push up the pitch more.

This for me too, 2 out and out strikers up top, Fessi wide and then let's get some crosses and cutbacks going on 

17 minutes ago, Holmes said:

Stop the negativity.

Always say it as I see it. 

Sometimes I see it like the majority.

Other times I see things more optimistically than most.

Sunday, unlike most, I saw us back to the early dark days of this season.

Hope you are right, and that I am wrong.