Fulham won't rest players

We should only rest older key first team players at a maximum, the likes of Pudil, Loovens, Fletcher, Wallace & maybe Westwood who need a little longer to fully recharge than the rest.

It's very likely we're going to play Fulham at some point during the playoffs, if we win Sunday it would be a big psychological & confidence boost to the players knowing we can already beat one of our contenders. Whilst taking our win streak to 7 matches in a row, which has to be some kind of record...

The only arguments for resting most of the squad is that we might risk somebody getting injured (unlikely) and that we have a big squad so it would be good to rotate just to keep some fringe players fresh (which i kind of agree with) but I would still want to play a strong team that wouldn't be too different from our actual XI if we were to play Fulham 2 weeks from now.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Sasso

Fox

Macca

Lees

Bannan

Reach

Rhodes

FF (would play Hooper if FF isn't 100%)

Hutchinson & Jones are still struggling to be match fit and even if they are fit it's not worth risking them in a game that we don't desperately need to win.

FF & Lee need to be 100% match fit & sharp for the playoffs so they need the extra gametime, unless FF is still struggling with his injury which if so i wouldn't even put him in the squad.

Fox & Sasso look likely back up players in the playoffs so i'd give then some more gametime, plus i would be interested to see how they fared vs a quick and direct Fulham team oppose to there slower counterparts in Pudil & Loovens,

Macca & Rhodes (maybe even FF) will certainly be used as impact players during the playoffs, they have to play...a good performance would give CC a real headache and make us even stronger off the bench.

Hunt, Reach, Lees, Westwood, Bannan have all shown on multiple occasions they can play whenever and wherever, wouldn't have any fitness concerns about these 5 even if we played every day of the week, not to mention the likes of Reach & Hunt whose extended runs in the side have done wonders for there performances.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

20 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Not sure resting players or confidence is the issue for me

The problem is losing a key player for the playoffs through an injury or red card

do red cards carry over into the play offs?

36 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

FF & Lee need to be 100% match fit & sharp for the playoffs so they need the extra gametime, unless FF is still struggling with his injury which if so i wouldn't even put him in the squad.

Forestieri isn't 100% and wont be until next season. He's got an issue which requires a month or so of not playing to sort out. That's why he's not started a game since early March. Completely resting him on Sunday is probably the best thing we can do.

22 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

Jokanovic on SSN saying they won't be making 10 changes for Sunday because they don't have enough players. Also he doesn't want his players thinking it is time for a vacation.

Does this change your view on what we should do?

Im still in the 'rest' camp. It did us no harm last year.  

I know it's a bit different as Wolves were not in the play offs but I don't think a loss would change the mood or confidence of the players who are rested. We have a big enough squad to make the changes and still compete. 

And I'm still in the "send out the back up squad with the order to kick them to pieces" camp

Just play a total 2nd string, even if they beat us 3-0 it doesn't really mean much once in the play offs.If you play Rhodes etc and they pick up an injury then we really need them in the play offs i think most would say that was poor management.Can't see Carlos risking it.

57 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

My thoughts exactly, some of our fans have got some bizarre sh.it floating around their heads.

Cos if 5th we will be at home on a foookin Sunday morning just after breakfast...3rd would be ok. Not bothered who, just the sunday morning would be ...kin shitola

Edited by sherlyegg

52 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Cos if 5th we will be at home on a foookin Sunday morning just after breakfast...3rd would be ok. Not bothered who, just the sunday morning would be ...kin shitola

If that's what bothers you, finishing 4th would be worse.  Travelling to Reading for a noon kick-off on a Sunday will be a feckin nightmare, Huddersfield's not too bad, the away fixture in October was a 12:00 Sunday kick-off, trains were ok then.

55 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

If that's what bothers you, finishing 4th would be worse.  Travelling to Reading for a noon kick-off on a Sunday will be a feckin nightmare, Huddersfield's not too bad, the away fixture in October was a 12:00 Sunday kick-off, trains were ok then.

Well not really, because we would have the night home match to come. Only 2000 can go anyhow.

IMHO it is better at Hillsborough at night, rather than a Sunday morning.

10 minutes ago, hullite said:

i reckon much like yourselves Fulham will rest key players, 5 or 6 of em , most prob sat on the bench to give em a run out if you lot haven't been in clog to death mode

This ill have a bet with anybody that Fulham make at least 5 changes from there last starting line up.

Wildsmith 

Palmer       Sasso           Lees           Fox

Semedo     Jones

McManaman        Fessi               Matias 

Winnall/Rhodes/Dave