Fulham won't rest players

I agree rest all first teamers, we do better after a rest, and imagine if tom lees or westwood or another key player was to get injured in what is ultimately a dead rubber? As for injured players id try and injure their key players where possible more fool them for playing their first teamers :-)

We should put out a full strength side imo.  

Carlos has found a winning formula, so we should aim to keep the consistency ticking over. 

Give Fulham a proper smashing in the league and they won't like playing us again in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

We should put out a full strength side imo.  

Carlos has found a winning formula, so we should aim to keep the consistency ticking over. 

Give Fulham a proper smashing in the league and they won't like playing us again in the playoffs.  

And run the risk of losing vital players through injury or a red card for the play offs. 

Not for me. Id rather rest the lot of them and give them the weekend off. 

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

And run the risk of losing vital players through injury or a red card for the play offs. 

Not for me. Id rather rest the lot of them and give them the weekend off. 

Fair enough.

Just don't think it's worth risking our winning streak. 

7 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Fair enough.

Just don't think it's worth risking our winning streak. 

Personally id rather risk losing our winning streak in a meaningless game than risk losing vital players with three cup finals coming up. 

31 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

That's going on the pre-supposition that we lose or a key player is injured.  We might hammer a full strength Fulham side no problems.

We have to show these flaps who is boss and that's us.

Plus one way to irritate lots of non season ticket holders (potential customers next season) POTG fans is to play a deliberately weakened side.  Commercial suicide along with on the field suicide.

Personally I couldn't give a bobbar about upsetting fans that turn up once a blue moon or any other fans for that matter. 

We should do what's best for SWFC promotion chances.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Personally id rather risk losing our winning streak in a meaningless game than risk losing vital players with three cup finals coming up. 

I wouldn't call it a meaningless game.  If we were playing at home against a team outside of the playoffs, then I would agree with you.  

The fact that Fulham are contenders in the playoffs, means this match has a lot of significance imo.  

There's absolutely no way Fulham will play all their key players when they're going to finish 6th regardless,  in fact they'd be stupid to do so.

Probably just trying amateurish mind games on Carlos to try and get him to risk our own top players. 

Guest We Shall Overcome

He wont rest players as he wants to beat us, therefor avoiding us in the semi final, as Jokanovic rates Wednesday very highly.

Rest them all! All this talk of momentum is nonsense - if you rest the first XI, they can just pick up where they left off in the semis. No point risking injury or burn out.

41 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

That's going on the pre-supposition that we lose or a key player is injured.  We might hammer a full strength Fulham side no problems.

We have to show these flaps who is boss and that's us.

Plus one way to irritate lots of non season ticket holders (potential customers next season) POTG fans is to play a deliberately weakened side.  Commercial suicide along with on the field suicide.

Both are maybes. I would love to hammer Fulham but it's a case of which is the biggest risk to us & our play off chances? Why take a risk when you don't need to?

As for POTG fans... the atmosphere should be enough & if one game is what they will base their decision on regarding attending again then that's pretty poor in itself.

I also think you're doing a discredit to those players who could be playing by suggesting it is onfield suicide. You'd still have one of the best striker partnerships outside the premiership, a Premiership & FA cup winning winger, a forward/winger who was 3rd top scorer in Europe only 2 seasons ago, a midfielder who has won promotion to the premiership twice. Then the defence has players who have played a good amount of games in this league in the past 2 seasons. Not to mention an England U21 goalkeeper. Some championship sides would love to be able to put out a team like that.