Sunday Supplement on Sky

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Last 6 games....

Fulham    L W W W W D

SWFC     W W W W W W 

Yep....Fulham have the momentum

I have sent exactly what you have put in a tweet to Sunday Supp, Neil Ashton the presenter and Jason Burt who was raving about Fulham.  Probably wont reply but if they do it will be a patronising 'oh I didnt realise'!

Fulham have been on fire for a while to be fair. They do look good and I can understand them being tipped as favourites BUT we seem to be ruthlessly efficient at the moment and that might be the real decider.

Anyway; why get so precious about media favourites?

Most of these pundits/journos really don't have a clue about the Championship.  The problem is, once one soundbite starts flying around - "Fulham have the momentum", "Fulham are the team to beat" etc - then the rest of them just pick it up and run with it.  They aren't interested in checking for themselves.  Pack mentality and all that.

I'm all for it though - despite finishing 6th Fulham are being talked up as certainties.  It definitely helps us.

The vast majority of "journalists" on the Sunday Supplement don't give a throw about the Championship. 

They are there to dry hump the Premier League and talk about the pressing issues like the state of Arsene Wenger's hair or something. 

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Fulham have been on fire for a while to be fair. They do look good and I can understand them being tipped as favourites BUT we seem to be ruthlessly efficient at the moment and that might be the real decider.

Anyway; why get so precious about media favourites?

How often does a team supposedly set a league/tournament alight, only to fluff it?

Brazil 82, Newcastle under Keegan etc - I'm sure there are many, many examples.

Fulham hit a purple patch about a month ago, but it's horses for courses. We might just have the style to defuse them.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

How often does a team supposedly set a league/tournament alight, only to fluff it?

Brazil 82, Newcastle under Keegan etc - I'm sure there are many, many examples.

Fulham hit a purple patch about a month ago, but it's horses for courses. We might just have the style to defuse them.

No argument from me.

5 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Most of these pundits/journos really don't have a clue about the Championship.  The problem is, once one soundbite starts flying around - "Fulham have the momentum", "Fulham are the team to beat" etc - then the rest of them just pick it up and run with it.  They aren't interested in checking for themselves.  Pack mentality and all that.

I'm all for it though - despite finishing 6th Fulham are being talked up as certainties.  It definitely helps us.

Yes, best thing that could happen is if Fulham start to believe their one hype. Just amplifies the sense of panic if things start to go against then at any stage.

We seem to have a 'level-headedness' about our squad at the moment. That's a very healthy attitude to have in a high pressure situation.

7 minutes ago, blueandwhitematt said:

Spot on, they can't see past some of the dross in the prem

8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

This is how I feel at the moment 

Carlos has made us quite a deceptive team in style as we are actually tough to beat, but with a goal threat. 

Tony Cottee was moaning about us yesterday saying that we needed to be doing more in the game, yet we were totally controlling a tough away fixture - where Newcastle conceded 3 times the week before. 

Part of me thinks if it was a wednesday v Fulham final it would be similiar to our final against Hull last season. Where we found we couldn't do any damage against them and they were clearly a better side on the day. But I don't like being positive!

Edited by Southie_Owl

1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

I think there is an advantage to all this greatness being bestowed on Fulham.

Either it will put more pressure on them or they will think they are that good that they will be complacent.

Thus has been the case for many a team throughout millennia.