Am I the last person to realise this?

15 minutes ago, Almat said:

Surely the EFL would look closely at an already promoted team playing a severely depleted team against a team still involved in how the play offs pan out? 

No they wouldn't, team selection is not EFLs concern. Playing other members of your squad is hardly match fixing. 

We could swap the entire starting 11 from yesterday with players that have played more than a vital part in several games this season. 

It's not against the rules. It's team management. 

Leeds won't beat Norwich next week, they will ether draw or lose.

Then Fulham and Wednesday are signed and sealed. 

There will still be summat to play for on last game, it depends where we want to be in the table. We could fancy 6th and play reading so lose against Fulham or we could prefer 4th and play Huddersfield so either draw or win Fulham. 

There will still be something in this last game. 

23 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Leeds won't beat Norwich next week, they will ether draw or lose.

Then Fulham and Wednesday are signed and sealed. 

There will still be summat to play for on last game, it depends where we want to be in the table. We could fancy 6th and play reading so lose against Fulham or we could prefer 4th and play Huddersfield so either draw or win Fulham. 

There will still be something in this last game. 

I think a loss would be nice. Hear me out if we lose the one game before playoffs start it'll give the players a push to one bounce back and 2 not lose play offs again. That extra bit of motivation could work wonders. I fear the longer we go on this winning run the more likely a loss is gunna come. I want it out of system so a dead n buried game doesn't matter

Edited by Lomas613

13 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

Let's just win at Ipswich and forget anything else.

indeed, love to get one over on McCarthy never forgiven him for his touchline antics screaming for our player ( forgot who now ffs)  to be sent off a few seasons ago 

never mind  Fulham resting we could give young George et al a game too

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Brentford were one of the stand out teams to come to hillsborough this season - up there with Brighton IMO. 

Add a local derby into the mix, and will be tight, and tasty. A draw is the likely outcome.

If we can get the win, I'd actually love us to have the opportunity (with no pressure) to knock Fulham out of it. Yes it would mean Leeds getting in, but I'd much prefer to play Leeds than Fulham- it would also mean we'd finish 3rd or 4th so we'd be away first.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

If we can get the win, I'd actually love us to have the opportunity (with no pressure) to knock Fulham out of it. Yes it would mean Leeds getting in, but I'd much prefer to play Leeds than Fulham- it would also mean we'd finish 3rd or 4th so we'd be away first.

It's a odd one as I agree because Fulham look the form team and dangerous, but as we've seen all too many times in this league, teams have these three/four games of poor results that seem to come out of nowhere. Trust Leeds to creep in at the death then suddenly look like world beaters in the play-offs.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

It's a odd one as I agree because Fulham look the form team and dangerous, but as we've seen all too many times in this league, teams have these three/four games of poor results that seem to come out of nowhere. Trust Leeds to creep in at the death then suddenly look like world beaters in the play-offs.

The ideal situation is Fulham and Leeds at it until the 95th minute, picking up injuries and maybe the odd suspension, much like Brighton last year lol