Kieran Lee

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Point being that people think things are so much better when he's in the side, the fact is they are clearly not. 

Not sure why you are getting hammered for having a different view about a player.

But anyway, Fantastic to have a quality player back. 

I see see him as a shoe-in starter if fully fit. But even if you don't rate him as highly as I do, I guess you will be delighted to have an additional CM fit. Right now we have two, so an injury to Bannan or Jones could have been disasterous.

So Carlos has a "problem" now.

Jones Bannan

Jones Lee

Bannan Lee

Right now I guess it's an easy pick, of Jones Bannan, with Kieran coming off the bench for either late on. Thereafter, I suppose the perfect solution is for Kieran to make an irresistible case when he gets a cameo, and for Jones and Bannan to make an impossible case to be left out.

How good is that?

14 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Yeah please do because his stats don't back this up.  Two of his goals were against Bristol, he is knocked off the ball far too easily, this is backed up by him having won only 41% of Duels.  He has no assists in his 22 games and has offered nothing in defence, his pass accuracy over 14m is 84% which is fine, shot accuracy is 54% which is average at best.  His score performances prior to his injury were poor. -24 against villa on the opening day and didn't really improve, Bristol and Forest were two of his better games.

http://www.squawka.com/players/kieran-lee-lee/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-(current)#football-league-championship#10#season-2016/2017#657#all-matches#1-42#by-match

Like i've said before we need better if we're to get out of this divison.

Thing I think you're missing about Lee is alot of the stuff that he does brilliantly for us aren't measured with your normal run of the mill stats. Same goes for a player like Reach and Bannan.

You might look at it and say well if you can't see him doing the obvious he is no good. But the fact that Lee is never really left out by Carlos when on paper he might not be cutting just shows how good a player he actually is. 

44 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Yeah please do because his stats don't back this up.  Two of his goals were against Bristol, he is knocked off the ball far too easily, this is backed up by him having won only 41% of Duels.  He has no assists in his 22 games and has offered nothing in defence, his pass accuracy over 14m is 84% which is fine, shot accuracy is 54% which is average at best.  His score performances prior to his injury were poor. -24 against villa on the opening day and didn't really improve, Bristol and Forest were two of his better games.

http://www.squawka.com/players/kieran-lee-lee/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-(current)#football-league-championship#10#season-2016/2017#657#all-matches#1-42#by-match

Like i've said before we need better if we're to get out of this divison.

Stats only tell you what you want to know. You can manipulate statistics in whatever way you want to aid your cause.

If you got his ground covered stats, a heat map and his tackles per game up, I GUARANTEE that he would look like the best player in the league.

So if you're going to use statistics, then use the whole picture, not whichever bits you pick and choose.

25 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Fair enough but i just don't see that midfield being strong enough over the course of a season, Hutch is a great player but i really think his midfield days are over.  Jones has surprised me the past month or so, he's been excellent.  Some big decisions to be made in the summer.

Certainly will be if we get promoted as I don't see us playing 4-4-2 if we do, be more 4-5-1/4-3-3 I suspect. If we don't get promoted, I think a few adjustments will see us challenging the top 2 places.

Each to their own but he's vastly over rated, he was part of the team that produced some awfull perfomances last season and this before his injury.

Makes you wonder why we're playing anyone from last season then.

I think I said this yesterday but I really think Kieran Lee coming back will bring out the best in Jordan Rhodes. Often JR has been isolated up front for us, even with the return of Gary Hooper there has been a lot of space between the strikers. What is so brilliant about Kieran Lee is that, like Carlos described, he breaks the lines and supports the strikers. Lee and Rhodes will be able to link up together, create space and hopefully actual genuine chances in the box. I've also noticed too that when Kieran Lee plays we seem to be 20/30 yards higher up the pitch, pressing the opposition. Take for example the Bristol City game where Kieran Lee scored the winning goal, the build up to the third involved a fair bit of intricate short passing play in the final third. For me he's the critical player to the way we played last season and I'm delighted he's back so soon.

38 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Bannan, all day long.

Me too bannan was not good at qpr knocked off ball again too easily offers zero goal threat if he is knocking ball around well he is effective soon as he ain't doing that he is a liability in midfield k Lee is a massive boost just need hutch back now. 

Guest RocketOwl

Lee coming back is great news but no need for an immediate change we have won 5 in a row.

Well done Jones and BB.

Our midfield is what stopped us going up last season and will be our downfall again this season,  Lee is a decent championship player but he's simply not good enough for a side who's ambition is promotion.  Results have been pretty much the same for almost two seasons with or without Lee in the side, we need better to achieve promotion.

So you're basically saying Lee is at fault for the entire team falling short? He's only one person and does his job brilliantly 

For me it'd be a straight swap for Bannan (once he gets fitness up ofc)

We haven't really missed Lee while he has been out in fact our points return is better without him than with him. To move onto the next level we needed to improve our midfield with a more physical presence which we didnt do. Another problem for Carlos is whether to bring back Hutchinson when fit who has arguably been our player of the season but without him we have won four on the bounce.