Kieran Lee

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

Point being that people think things are so much better when he's in the side, the fact is they are clearly not. 

No that's your opinion

Considering the difference between last season and this season has been the loss of Kieran Lee, but the gain of

Jordan Rhodes

Stephen Fletcher

Adam Reach

Vince Sasso

Morgan Fox

Sam Winnall

For varying amounts of game time mean that for better or worse it's kinda difficult and short-sighted to just look at one player that has been out injured and say any discrepancy between points totals between the two seasons are purely down to the absence of that injured player. Add on the fact that universally this season has resulted in higher points' totals for all teams finishing in their relative positions (largely thanks to Rotherham's inability to pick up points) and it really is the most pointless endeavour to compare points totals and draw a conclusion

Each to their own but he's vastly over rated, he was part of the team that produced some awfull perfomances last season and this before his injury.

Now we know you're on the wind up.......

I will agree, I think he has limitations.  He drifts forward and into space when sometimes I'd love to see our "running" midfielder to go on a 40 yard lung buster like Carlton used to, but the awful performances were because we were shoe horning midfielders into positions they weren't comfortable and I don't remember too many of them last season.  He is absolutely integral to a 4-4-2 system.  He can do all that Jones can do and get forward.  Personally, I would like to see us in a 4-2-3-1 where I think he offers everything he would in a 4-4-2 plus it moves Bannan/Reach and Wallace further forward and thats before you add FF to the mix.

We continue as we are for the moment, but he is the only midfielder willing to run from deep to get up and alongside our forwards and make the 5th attacker.  My guess is if we make the play offs with a game to spare, he will start that and I would expect him to start a play off semi.

9 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Point being that people think things are so much better when he's in the side, the fact is they are clearly not. 

Only if you are dim enough to conclude that the only factor that determines how well we play is whether Lee is in the side or not.

Can't stress how important KL will be to us in the play-offs.

Him and Hooper the missing link between the middle and final third.

Add FF and JR to the mix and we can be very optimistic.

Back to playing attacking, aggresive football... On't floor

23 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Kieran Lee that played all last season, played in the play off final last May and half of this season?  He's not  been missed, we've beaten last years points total and sit a place higher in the league.

He might not obviously have been missed in terms of a points total - that's because August and January windows saw us bring in at least four midfielders with Premier League experience either on permanent or loan deals, and still we've massively struggled to play the free-flowing game we were known for last season. Lee has been missed terribly by those of us that like to see Wednesday move the ball up the field in quick triangles that carve apart the opposition, rather than pass it around the back four for 25min waiting for someone to make an incisive run before the crowd gets restless and someone just lumps a hopeful one up to a striker's head.

Lee is the heart and the engine of what gets our midfield moving. Until we signed Reach, Lee was our only true box-to-box player - his absence has been a big part of the reason we keep seeing Bannan coming so frustratingly deep to collect the ball from Lees and Loovens, as well as why our fullbacks' movement up the wings in triangles hasn't been as effective or resulted in as many clear crossing positions.

Welcome back KL, total machine. Don't overdo it and prang yerself lad.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

You mean the hip injury he's been carrying all season?

What was up last season?

Guest Kameron

Our midfield is what stopped us going up last season and will be our downfall again this season,  Lee is a decent championship player but he's simply not good enough for a side who's ambition is promotion.  Results have been pretty much the same for almost two seasons with or without Lee in the side, we need better to achieve promotion.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

He was good last season...

This season he has improved and so has the squad.

What's up with your eye sight? lol

Nothing at all, how has he improved his game this season from last?

Guest Kameron
19 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Only if you are dim enough to conclude that the only factor that determines how well we play is whether Lee is in the side or not.

I simply pointed out that we'd done better without him in the side, what's dim about that? Usually when a team loses such a great player for half a season they struggle to fill the gap, that hasn't happened to us.

The impact he makes depends somewhat on the opposition.

When teams are coming at us, we have other players in our squad who can do a good, more defence focussed job, and they'll leave themselves exposed enough for the wide and forward players to cause damage on their own.

We we come up against a more defensive team, his energy and running comes into it's own.

I'm sure he'll be on the bench, but depending how Rowett sets them up tomorrow, he could have a part to play in unlocking them.

Given they aren't playing for anything I would expect them to come and have a go, which I think will suit us.

But we all know teams change if they get a lead to hang on to, so should the worst happen he's a brilliant option to have.

Looking ahead, and IF we secure a play off spot, he could be the difference if we come up against Leeds, who will be happy to sit back, keep in a rigid solid shape, and hope Wood steals a goal somehow.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Apart from probably being our stand out player until his injury, right?

Which parts of his game has he improved?

Nothing at all, how has he improved his game this season from last?

A better goal return, just what we've been missing from central midfield for as long as I can remember. Bagged 4 in 22 so far this season, compared to 5 in 43 last season. Ball retention and distribution improved on last season. Finding pockets of space more frequently than last season, hence his improved goal return. Want me to go on? lol