Kieran Lee

20 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Bannan is woefully out of form though, and has needed dropping for about 5 weeks now.

A Large part of that is due to the absence of FF and continued absence of KL.

Bannan is great at finding players making runs / moving into space - without FF and KL we are much more static, and it shows in Bannans performance - no one showing for him to pass to this making him look like he is playing worse than he is.

Some of this constant Bannan bashing is embarrassing and disrespectful. Granted, he's not been as good as last season but he has still played well in a lot of games.

I would suggest he is better in a midfield 3 with a defensive player behind him, i.e. Hutch.  This year he is largely been in a midfield 2 with Hutch in there and he has invariably been playing as a third centre back giving him way too much to do in the middle.  In addition, with the likes of Hooper, Lee and Hooper been missing, he has not had the players who provide the movement for him to spray his passing about.  We have also adopted a more pragmatic approach which has not helped him either.

17 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I take it you are talking about one of our best and influential players in Bannan.

Idiot.

If the cap fits mate. He maybe one of our best and most influential players but he's not quite as good as he thinks he is. I do hope he nets his 3rd or 4th goal in 2 seasons today, just to make me eat my words. KL is a far superior team player and much more influential, and by the way please define 'idiot' to me.

5 hours ago, Kameron said:

Simply because I don't rate him as highly as some do, we needed a better midfield after last season to progress and we still need a better midfield today. Had Carlos addressed the issues from last season we'd have given the top two a run to the end and would at the very least be sat in the playoff places, not having two win two of the last three games to have a chance.  Lee made very little difference to the side in the first half of the season and I fil to see what he will bring to the side to move us up a level, this side needs leaders not players not shrinking violets when it comes to the crunch, had Lopez played in the playoff final he would have given something different..

We signed Jones and Abdi for CM, those 2 are quality, experienced footballers. CC did try to improve our options in the middle of the park.

We would have been closer to the top 2 if Fletcher, Lees, Hooper, Abdi, Lee and Hutchinson would have been fit all season.

We have missed key players all season.

2 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

If the cap fits mate. He maybe one of our best and most influential players but he's not quite as good as he thinks he is. I do hope he nets his 3rd or 4th goal in 2 seasons today, just to make me eat my words. KL is a far superior team player and much more influential, and by the way please define 'idiot' to me.

You come across like you don't like BBs attitude, you are making him out like a big timer. You couldn't be anymore wrong.

Idiot = now is not the time to be isolating players and criticising after 4 wins and a very good chance of promotion.

We don't need negative comments/threads like this, thats what idiots do.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Best and influential .... don't be daft . He's the weak link .  Not a bad player but just alright 

Him and FF are the first 2 players that teams will try to stop.

A lot of teams have highlighted him and got closer to him this season, thats why he's had less success.

I think I maybe wasting my time with you, clearly you only watch football when the ball goes in the box.

7 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Him and FF are the first 2 players that teams will try to stop.

A lot of teams have highlighted him and got closer to him this season, thats why he's had less success.

I think I maybe wasting my time with you, clearly you only watch football when the ball goes in the box.

Sgt, are you BB's little brother?