Kieran Lee

He's a box to box, goal scoring, possession keeping, non stop 90minute running central midfielder who links defence and attack...who wouldn't want him in their squad in this league.

I know who I'd rather have coming on for the last 20mins to hopefully close the game down tomorrow out of Lee or Semedo

24 minutes ago, 33 said:

Can't stress how important KL will be to us in the play-offs.

Him and Hooper the missing link between the middle and final third.

Add FF and JR to the mix and we can be very optimistic.

Back to playing attacking, aggresive football... On't floor

Some people just don't get it

Players like Lee and Hooper bring players like Bannan alive

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

47 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Each to their own but he's vastly over rated...

Over rated is an interesting description.

What he offers can only really be compared with other midfield players on our own books.

Going into this stage of the season we have to ask, does he offer anything to the team than Bannan, Jones, Hutchinson and Semedo don't and on that score the answer would have to be yes.

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

A better goal return, just what we've been missing from central midfield for as long as I can remember. Bagged 4 in 22 so far this season, compared to 5 in 43 last season. Ball retention and distribution improved on last season. Finding pockets of space more frequently than last season, hence his improved goal return. Want me to go on? lol

Yeah please do because his stats don't back this up.  Two of his goals were against Bristol, he is knocked off the ball far too easily, this is backed up by him having won only 41% of Duels.  He has no assists in his 22 games and has offered nothing in defence, his pass accuracy over 14m is 84% which is fine, shot accuracy is 54% which is average at best.  His score performances prior to his injury were poor. -24 against villa on the opening day and didn't really improve, Bristol and Forest were two of his better games.

http://www.squawka.com/players/kieran-lee-lee/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-(current)#football-league-championship#10#season-2016/2017#657#all-matches#1-42#by-match

Like i've said before we need better if we're to get out of this divison.

Just now, Kameron said:

Yeah please do because his stats don't back this up.  Two of his goals were against Bristol, he is knocked off the ball far too easily, this is backed up by him having won only 41% of Duels.  He has no assists in his 22 games and has offered nothing in defence, his pass accuracy over 14m is 84% which is fine, shot accuracy is 54% which is average at best.  His score performances prior to his injury were poor. -24 against villa on the opening day and didn't really improve, Bristol and Forest were two of his better games.

http://www.squawka.com/players/kieran-lee-lee/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-(current)#football-league-championship#10#season-2016/2017#657#all-matches#1-42#by-match

Like i've said before we need better if we're to get out of this divison.

Oh I see, goals against Bristol City don't count then? In that case you're right, Kieran Lee is rubbish as he scores against Bristol City!

BTW, "knocked off the ball far too easily" and "has offered nothing in defence" are opinions with no facts to back them up. And "-24 against Villa", WTAF?!lol

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Oh I see, goals against Bristol City don't count then? In that case you're right, Kieran Lee is rubbish as he scores against Bristol City!

BTW, "knocked off the ball far too easily" and "has offered nothing in defence" are opinions with no facts to back them up. And "-24 against Villa", WTAF?!lol

Out of interest, who would you take out of the side in replace of Lee? 

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

Out of interest, who would you take out of the side in replace of Lee? 

At present, no-one. Don't believe in changing a winning team unless we are playing 2 games in 3 days.

Longer term, I would replace David Jones - even though I think he's been excellent in recent weeks.

When Hutchinson is back, Carlos will get a choose a midfield two from Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson and Jones - great options and all provide something a little different, and more than good enough to see us compete at the top end of the division. My only worry is Bannan gets shoved out wide, where I think he's least effective, so be interesting to see how Carlos plays it.

Guest Kameron
5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm afraid you'll have to run that one by me again? 

It means he's played like c vnt.

Guest Kameron
4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

At present, no-one. Don't believe in changing a winning team unless we are playing 2 games in 3 days.

Longer term, I would replace David Jones - even though I think he's been excellent in recent weeks.

When Hutchinson is back, Carlos will get a choose a midfield two from Lee, Bannan, Hutchinson and Jones - great options and all provide something a little different, and more than good enough to see us compete at the top end of the division. My only worry is Bannan gets shoved out wide, where I think he's least effective, so be interesting to see how Carlos plays it.

Fair enough but i just don't see that midfield being strong enough over the course of a season, Hutch is a great player but i really think his midfield days are over.  Jones has surprised me the past month or so, he's been excellent.  Some big decisions to be made in the summer.

12 minutes ago, Kameron said:

It means he's played like c vnt.

:wacko:  Bit harsh. The lad played through the pain barrier with an long standing injury, in a shoehorned midfield when Carlos was looking for but was struggling to find the balance, and somehow that equates a -24 score and him playing like a c*nt.

I'm not sure about the science of this

Edited by Lord Snooty

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Kieran Lee that played all last season, played in the play off final last May and half of this season?  He's not  been missed, we've beaten last years points total and sit a place higher in the league.

Has this bloke been goin to the same matches as me! With lee in the side we might have been nudging automatics, instead weve had to put up with jones/ abdi/ semedo in the middle of the park creating f@ck all for our forwards!