New home shirt

Everyone's entitled to an opinion not least DC and let's face it, his opinion has the most clout.

This season's home shirt has been controversial but whether it's the club paying lip service or not, they are saying it's been a bestseller? Now if the let's keep the stripe brigade were the majority amongst the fan base surely it wouldn't have sold as well as it has?

I seem to remember the solid blue with white sleeves being suggested by some on here as a good choice for the 150th kit. This happens and what do we have? Meltdown.

Look I get it, you like what you like but it's not as if DC has not tried to keep some semblance of tradition and history while owning the club. The proposed new kit is an historical design, the current badge is based on an old one the club had. He's not proposed to leave Hillsborough as of yet even though I have the view that with the current problems with SAG and the stigma of the disaster, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

That said if it was ever proposed, the fan base will go off on one again. I feel for DC as while he's been owner we've made solid progress and I'm sure in time we'll make it to the premier league where we all want to be but I'm sure there are times when he wonders if we as fans are worth it with all the moaning and complaining that goes on.

There are probably fans who preferred the days when we were called Scum and Cretins and the product on the pitch was sh!tte but hey ho we still played in stripes and the tickets were cheap?

It just goes to show as a fan base we'll never ever be on the same page. It might be like this elsewhere at clubs up and down the country but personally I think it's a Sheffield thing and I don't think it'll ever change?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I like it. It's retro....and i think it will look brilliant with our new badge. Prefer solid blue to pin stripes like this season's. 

Happy for a season or two, but wouldn't want us in solid blue indefinitely. 

Edited by bigdan2003

18 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion not least DC and let's face it, his opinion has the most clout.

This season's home shirt has been controversial but whether it's the club paying lip service or not, they are saying it's been a bestseller? Now if the let's keep the stripe brigade were the majority amongst the fan base surely it wouldn't have sold as well as it has?

I seem to remember the solid blue with white sleeves being suggested by some on here as a good choice for the 150th kit. This happens and what do we have? Meltdown.

Look I get it, you like what you like but it's not as if DC has not tried to keep some semblance of tradition and history while owning the club. The proposed new kit is an historical design, the current badge is based on an old one the club had. He's not proposed to leave Hillsborough as of yet even though I have the view that with the current problems with SAG and the stigma of the disaster, it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

That said if it was ever proposed, the fan base will go off on one again. I feel for DC as while he's been owner we've made solid progress and I'm sure in time we'll make it to the premier league where we all want to be but I'm sure there are times when he wonders if we as fans are worth it with all the moaning and complaining that goes on.

There are probably fans who preferred the days when we were called Scum and Cretins and the product on the pitch was sh!tte but hey ho we still played in stripes and the tickets were cheap?

It just goes to show as a fan base we'll never ever be on the same page. It might be like this elsewhere at clubs up and down the country but personally I think it's a Sheffield thing and I don't think it'll ever change?

In a season with record season ticket sales any home kit would have been a record seller.

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I would prefer stripes but quite like us going back to the 60s kit for our anniversary.

Think I'll get this one.

You do realise it's 1860s for the anniversary not the 1960s don't you ?

8 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

Made by us. Solid blue body and white sleeves as per 1965-72

Quite like that!!!!

Bloody loved that shirt, started going to games in 1969. 

Took me years to get use to stripes, wasn't helped by them being made by what felt like a cheap polyester material, pulled very easily. 

11 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

Chosen because it isn't stripes. Chansiri doesn't like stripes.

It was my first kit but it has bad memories of us being a bit bobbar!

Was really hoping for a one-off hoops kit. Real old school.

We got far worse when we went back to stripes. 67 to 72 we had a decent side despite relegation from division one. 

Now the 74-75 team... :duntmatter:

43 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I seriously doubt that, and in any case the two things aren't dependant on each other. That argument is not logical.

Chansiri doesn't like stripes apparently. His problem is that for a football club the shirt is the representation of the brand. Much more so than the logo or badge as would be the case for other entities.

When the shirt represents the brand people, not just fans but anyone who knows the club including media, officials etc see the shirt and it brings a whole host of feelings, images, memories about that club and what it represents to mind.

If you change the kit you would normally try to retain the essence of the kit to maintain these subconscious associations.

Chansiri is reported to not like stripes so he's probably planning or at least favouring what is effectively a rebranding exercise. Tricky for a 150 year old business with loads of tradition.

Easier to succeed if he can quickly achieve some success which can be associated with the new brand. Even so the process will be painful for some (many) people because for them shirt represents so much about our club. It will also take time for people to adjust.

Edited by jamthesun

15 minutes ago, bradowl said:

We got far worse when we went back to stripes. 67 to 72 we had a decent side despite relegation from division one. 

Now the 74-75 team... :duntmatter:

True but for me it was the start of the decline.

IMG_3947.JPG

Meh. Just looking at similar kits launched by companies like Nike (whose factories we are supposedly putting to use) this year and this is a design they had this season.

Meh.

Giz stripes back.

IMG_3938.thumb.JPG.2e6d9f18e5474b9e87d6510b11d8b953.JPG

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Meh. Just looking at similar kits launched by companies like Nike (whose factories we are supposedly putting to use) this year and this is a design they had this season.

Meh.

Giz stripes back.

I like that.  A lot.

As has been mentioned previously.  if nothing changed then we wouldn't have ever played in stripes anyway.  Blue and White are the important parts.

1 minute ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I like that.  A lot.

As has been mentioned previously.  if nothing changed then we wouldn't have ever played in stripes anyway.  Blue and White are the important parts.

IT HAS ONE THICK BLUE STRIPE ANYWAY.

UTO WIZZY.

8 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

IMG_3947.JPG

Meh.

Giz stripes back.

This is (very broad) stripes and the middle is blue.

Well done Dejphon also Nike.