New home shirt

It's a football shirt FFS, as long as Mr C keeps putting the money in and we still play in Blue and White. 

This. 

I'd prefer stripes, but I'm not going to lose my sh*t over us reverting to one of our previous designs. 

Obviously I'd prefer stripes, but if Chansiri doesn't like them there's not a lot we can do.

And if there's going to be a change the second option for me is the plain blue with white sleeves. Hopefully it will look classy and as long as the players wearing them are good players putting 100% effort in I'm not too fussed.

Why does everyone get so affected because it's not stripes?...I absolutely love stripes and they WILL be back but can we just not enjoy one of our nicest kits in our most successful period ever too?

One of our nicest kits? Is that just according to you? Because every poll i've seen on this season's shirt has had a negative response.

Some of the fans might like the new kit, but why drive a divide through the fanbase when we were all perfectly happy with stripes?

Edited by Oliver Read

One of our nicest kits? Is that just according to you? Because every poll i've seen on this seasons shirt has had a negative response.

Some of the fans might like the new kit, but why drive a dovine through the fanbase when we were all perfectly happy with stripes?

Every poll on twitter you mean? A social media where anyone can vote, can you honestly say that the 90% vote for stripes was just wednesday fans? I doubt it 

And that's the problem isn't it. Just because he's putting money into the club doesn't mean he's allowed to bobbar all over our traditions

He owns the club, so he is allowed to do what he wants with the kit. As long as we stay blue, I don't mind stripes or not. We could go back to the days of no investment and play in stripes in the pub league. Honestly what would you prefer.

He owns the club, so he is allowed to do what he wants with the kit. As long as we stay blue, I don't mind stripes or not. We could go back to the days of no investment and play in stripes in the pub league. Honestly what would you prefer.

Doesn't have to be either or though does it? 

Personally i dont like pin stripe i didnt buy this years kit but if he goes solid blue with white sleeves i will buy it.

Not like we need to buy it they have been selling that design in the club shop for years now in the retro bin

Edited by stocksyuto

Just shows the size of the man's ego. Tradition tossed away on a flipping whim. Rich man's plaything.  

Yep it's  a slightly irrational reaction - it's a just a shirt isn't it? - but no more irrational than people saying we have to play in blue - it's just a colour isn't it?

Imagine if Ashley had tried to do something similar at Newcastle. Or if Dave Allen had done it here. 

Rotten decision. 

You must be thrilled. 

Gives you another chance to slate the chairman. 

One of our nicest kits? Is that just according to you? Because every poll i've seen on this season's shirt has had a negative response.

Some of the fans might like the new kit, but why drive a divide through the fanbase when we were all perfectly happy with stripes?

Have you thought that it's mainly people who have a strong feeling about the football shirt are the ones who take part in those polls? I would imagine a larger percentage of fans don't care so much or actually like the new shirts and can't be bothered to get drawn into the moaning debates 

It's a football shirt FFS, as long as Mr C keeps putting the money in and we still play in Blue and White. 

Well there's certainly a bit of that I suppose.

But.... though it may only be a football shirt, I do feel that there is also something intrinsic about having a shirt which shows some sort of definitive and recognisable identity.

You must be thrilled. 

Gives you another chance to slate the chairman. 

IHow unperceptive of you. I am the opposite of thrilled. Same lame argument people trot out when people complaining about how we have been playing are told we must be happy when we lose. Total testicles. 

On ticket prices and kit he's been appalling. On shirt numbers risible. Other stuff - well done. Light and shade - not everything in the garden has to be rosy, 

41,  our b&w striped history began in the 1880s, with very few deviations since, so not sure what you're point is.

I got a pie at the last match and my fork melted when i put it in.  Curled up round and i couldn't cut my pie in to quarters like i usually do.  We need better forks.  The forks used to be much better before Chansiri and his ego came in.

I got a pie at the last match and my fork melted when i put it in.  Curled up round and i couldn't cut my pie in to quarters like i usually do.  We need better forks.  The forks used to be much better before Chansiri and his ego came in.

Nowt to do with Chansiri. 

Uri Geller I've found you and I claim my 5 pounds. 

I wish I'd seen this. 

Look, stop crying like a spoilt kid, the stripes will be back and when they are it will be great .

But just , for now enjoy the different kits.

How no one likes that 60s retro is beyond me .