New home shirt

1 minute ago, Wild Will Smith said:

That whoever makes commercial decisions is deluded. Whether ultimately that is DC or an employee they are seriously out of touch and lack business sense in this regard.

Not even sorry to say it.

Also, did the "steering group" actually have the bálls to point this out?

Evidence of that? They sold more of the current kit than any other previously.

Just now, Warnocchio said:

Evidence of that? They sold more of the current kit than any other previously.

The thousands of posts on here about wanting stripes back is a pretty big hint.

4 minutes ago, Donny.Owl said:

Well i didn't think they were gonna put McGugan and Urby to use by sticking them on a sowing machine!

lol

I heard there's been a bust-up because Carlos wants McGugan sewing hems but Lewis reckons he can't sew hems anymore and has insisted that if he's not allowed to sew buttons then he won't sew anything.

It's a right old mess.

1 minute ago, Wild Will Smith said:

That whoever makes commercial decisions is deluded. Whether ultimately that is DC or an employee they are seriously out of touch and lack business sense in this regard.

It's a personal preference by DC, he's spent millions on the club and he's buggered if he's gonna watch them in a shirt he doesn't approve of.  

It's that simple i'm afraid... Your move I guess.

Just now, Wild Will Smith said:

All about business sense pal. If they had a new striped shirt it couldn't be made to look much different  to the thousands of old striped shirts.

The old ones would come out of the cupboard season after season ...why bother buying a new one??

Just now, Warnocchio said:

The fact that more people bought the pinstripe than the real stripes is a bigger one. 

Not really. Factor in the feel good factor of the league position, the playoff run, the money spent on players, upward curve in number of season tickets sold, better access to shirts for sale compared to the shower of shît we normally get in the club shop etc. All adds up.

Tag on a return to stripes and chances are sales would rocket. But some people are too afraid of upsetting the Chairman by speaking honestly.

Yeah, for as much as I didn't like this season's kit, I can't help but feel I might've seen more new ones this season than I ever have before.

As for the blue/white 'Arsenal' design, the concept intrigues me but obviously will wait to see it before making a final decision. Much like this year's kit, if I don't like it I'll simply not buy. There's no prerequisite to purchase the new shirt every year and I'd far rather wear my striped shirt than purchase one I'm not keen on.

6 minutes ago, Holmes said:

It's a personal preference by DC, he's spent millions on the club and he's buggered if he's gonna watch them in a shirt he doesn't approve of.  

It's that simple i'm afraid... Your move I guess.

In other words he doesn't care about what most fans think. It's his play thing and he does what he wants