New home shirt

2 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

Not really. Factor in the feel good factor of the league position, the playoff run, the money spent on players, upward curve in number of season tickets sold, better access to shirts for sale compared to the shower of shît we normally get in the club shop etc. All adds up.

Tag on a return to stripes and chances are sales would rocket. But some people are too afraid of upsetting the Chairman by speaking honestly.

I suspect like a few others of a certain age for the first 8 years of me watching Wednesday we didnt have stripes so i havent got the 'the only way is blue stripes' vibe that some others clearly have. 

In general plain shirts sell better than stripes. Thats a fact.

So honestly i dont give a shxt as long as its a good design.

3 minutes ago, Wild Will Smith said:

In general do old folk who remember not having stripes for a bit still buy and wear shirts? Surprised by that.

Look round the ground they clearly do. Its only mid fifties onwards matey! Old folk indeed!

Just now, Warnocchio said:

Look round the ground they clearly do. Its only mid fifties onwards matey! Old folk indeed!

The farting brigade. Put me off my scotch egg.

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

All about business sense pal. If they had a new striped shirt it couldn't be made to look much different  to the thousands of old striped shirts.

The old ones would come out of the cupboard season after season ...why bother buying a new one??

Well it'll be 2 seasons without me buying any shirt so he's fecked up with me

I really like this seasons shirt and the all blue with white sleeves "Arsenal" shirt has been a guilty pleasure of mine for years. I'm too young to have ever seen the team wear it, but it's absolutely a "classic" Sheffield Wednesday shirt. It looks smart and there are some truly iconic photos of Wednesday's history with that shirt. 

I guess I'm part of the problem but.. I approve. Can't wait to see it.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I heard there's been a bust-up because Carlos wants McGugan sewing hems but Lewis reckons he can't sew hems anymore and has insisted that if he's not allowed to sew buttons then he won't sew anything.

It's a right old mess.

I've heard that bloke from the band will be hemming 'em. 

47 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If we like Ipswich so much, we may as well get Mick McCarthy in too.

2 successive seasons with Ipswich kits.

Happy days.

Just shows the size of the man's ego. Tradition tossed away on a flipping whim. Rich man's plaything.  

Yep it's  a slightly irrational reaction - it's a just a shirt isn't it? - but no more irrational than people saying we have to play in blue - it's just a colour isn't it?

Imagine if Ashley had tried to do something similar at Newcastle. Or if Dave Allen had done it here. 

Rotten decision. 

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

In the 60's there wasn't an eye lid batted when we went for the Arsenal reversible, it went down quite well. Many talk of the oldies resistance to change ? lol

That's cos you could only buy a fake kit in Suggs and all the footie was in black and white anyway lol