Poll: Man of the Match vs Newcastle...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Newcastle  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Newcastle?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Jones
    • Wallace
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Reach
    • Sasso
    • Rhodes
    • Semedo

Wedtwood- 7, made some good saves, unfortunately one error cost us a goal.

Hunt-8 good going forward, good defensively. Been impressed with him lately.

Lees- 8 SOLID. just solid 

Loovens- 6 was ok first half

Pudil- 8, was good to see him back to his old self. 

Reach- 9 my MOTM, I lost count how many times he got back and did the dirty work, or won a throw in or a corner when nothing was on. Very smart player on his day. 

Bannan- 6, worked hard but not his best today

Jones- 8 was solid, first time this season that I thought he offered something to the team.

Wallace- 7, was ok, didnt stand out but did what was needed. 

Fletcher- 7 another goal, and looking more confident. He's no doubt got the ability, im glad he's starting to come good.

Hooper- 7,  just what we been missing. Fills a gap which no one else seems to cant do. 

Semedo- 10, can do no wrong 

Sasso- 7 goal saving tackle 

Rhodes-6 run channels and worked hard, needs a goal. 

Probably the most difficult choice this season. Not a single player had a bad game and played well as a team. It was like watching us last season.

Thing is.....Carlos realised that we can't play like that every game. Sometimes you have to win ugly. Big praise to the coach for today, hopefully it will get some people off his back now.

I reckon that Hooper just edged it today. Link up between the midfield and the front line was incredible. When he is back to full strength it will be interesting to see how he pairs up with the other strikers long term.

8 minutes ago, greyowl said:

Hooper, the missing link.

This discovery should finally put an end to the bible belt creationist theories.  lol

MOM for me too. Unlucky trying to take the pace off the one that hit the bar and set up Fletcher twice.

Great to see Pudil have a good game. Reach and Bannan never stopped running. Hunt seems to be improving too. Fletcher also worked hard all game and deserved his goal. Everybody knew their job today and did it well. We passed the ball a lot quicker today than usual which really makes a big difference without the need to go too gung ho.

It is ironic after we had discussions about throw ins and free kicks always going backwards that we score from both types of set piece.

Got to be honest the only times I noticed Jones today were when he lost control of the ball a couple of times, but delighted to see he clearly played well. I'll wtach it back and keep an eye on him.

Thought Wallace did well. Couple of great set pieces and looked a threat in open play. Hooper superb in the first half, very impressed with Pudil and Reach as well.

Tough to single out individuals after such a superb collective performance. Well done Wednesday.

Wallace's set piece delivery today was as good as I've seen it.

Jones finding some form is a huge relief considering Hutch's fitness issues.

All the defenders were solid- Pudil did particularly well considering his lack of game time.

Bannan was back to being effective today.

Fletcher and Hooper look like they enjoy playing together.

so may positives today - including Carlos who has reinstilled a bit of faith for me. 

we actually looked like a team capable of getting promoted today.

3 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Got to be honest the only times I noticed Jones today were when he lost control of the ball a couple of times, but delighted to see he clearly played well. I'll wtach it back and keep an eye on him.

Thought Wallace did well. Couple of great set pieces and looked a threat in open play. Hooper superb in the first half, very impressed with Pudil and Reach as well.

Tough to single out individuals after such a superb collective performance. Well done Wednesday.

He is very disciplined. So many times he is the one making it difficult for their wide men when a full back is caught out of position.

29 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Carlos -10

crowd -100000000

-10 for Carlos is harsh, but -100000000 for the fans is just insulting lol

For me, as follows:

Westwood 8 - solid most of the game, some good saves, shame he spilt it for their goal

Hunt 8 - solid in defence, some good interplay down the right wing with Wallace

Lees 9 (MoM) - looked like a leader in defence today, plus his header for the goal was great and calmed the nerves after a frustratingly wasteful first half

Loovens 7 - looked fine until he came off, hope the groin isn't anything serious

Pudil 8 - best game of the season, and even more impressive to say he's not been playing all that much recently

Wallace 7 - fine game, he's had more inspiring days but he still looked good

Jones 8 - again, best game of the season. He's never flashy, so he has to rely on being solid and assured. If he isn't, he's ineffective. He was today, and it showed

Bannan 6 - not his best game, not his best season overall, plus that challenge on Ritchie was poor. Nothing woeful though, by no means his worst

Reach 7 - always looks at his best when he's just getting the ball and running it hard. He did that today, just wish we got more end product from him

Hooper 8 - great performance, so busy and created so much. Had he been able to play with that intensity for 90 minutes he would have been far and away MoM for me

Fletcher 8 - what a difference that goal makes. Had he not have scored I'd probably have been giving him no more than a 6 for being wasteful. However, having bagged one for us today it gives more focus to the fact that he worked hard, created lots of options and chances and got himself in good positions. Still should have put that sitter away though!

All in all, a great team effort and a really deserved win. 5 more of those please boys! UTO

1 hour ago, DoorDoor said:

Westwood 7

Hunt 5

Lees 9

Loovens 6

Pudil 6

Wallace 7

jones 6

Bannan 2

Reach 6

Hooper 7

Fletcher 7

Sasso 5

Semedo 6

Rhodes 6

Hunt was pretty good at both ends. Bannan was everywhere. Sasso was commanding at the back when he came on. Lees was good but at fault for Newcastle's goal. You've obviously got an agenda with these ratings pal. Otherwise you have 0 understanding of the game. 

Tonight was a really hard choice, but I had to go for westwood,any lesser keeper and it could have been a loss.

Everyone played fantastic, and after today's results, anything less than 3 points and we would have been on the back foot.

If I could I would give everyone 10/10

1 hour ago, someone in my head said:

We've just finished the double over the strongest squad in the league and noone but Lees gets above 7?

Bannan 2?

i take it you didnt see the game?

newcastle were shuffle apart from shelvey and darlow

Probably the biggest 3 points of the season. The Fulham result put some added pressure on us before the start but we went out and dominated the first half and were more than a match for a very strong Newcastle team.

Westwood- 7 Would have been more but for the mistake

Hunt- 7.5 Much improved of late.
Loovens- 6 Solid enough but some nervous moments in possession.
Lees- 9 Great goal and ensured their strikers never got close. MOM
Pudil- 8 A very solid display especially considering how little game time he has had of late.

Wallace- 7.5 Some great deliveries and was winding Shelvey up a treat.
Jones- 8 A very solid and competent display
Bannan- 7.5 The effort was plain to see, he chased everything
Reach- 7 Another player that seems to be improving

Hooper- 8 Some great touches and link up play.
Fletcher- 7.5 Took his goal and never stopped chasing

Sasso- 7 Typical defensive display
Rhodes- 6.5 Chased hard but again things are just not going for him
Semedo- 7 Solid and dependable

Carlos- I’ve been critical of late but he got it spot on today!

Westwood 7 played well then drops a b0llock in a crucial time. 

Hunt 8 has improved no end this season 

Loovens 6 better than recent displays

lees 8 best performamce of the season by a mile. 

Pudil 9 was fuming when I saw him on the team sheet. Was fantastic though.

wallace 7 effective , unspectacular but effective. 

Bannan 6 better, still our Weak link but better. Should have been sent off 

jones 7 .5 sort of more what I expected of him when he signed 

reach 7.5 annoying how inconsistent he is . Today was a good day

hooper 7.5 great to see out best forward back. We have missed him just as much as lee 

fletcher 8 turning in the performances people wanted when he signed. Thanks for pulling your finger out 

sasso 7 dealt with Murphy easily 

Rhodes 7 better than recent performances 

semedo 7 help sure things up