Poll: Man of the Match vs Newcastle...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Newcastle  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Newcastle?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Pudil
    • Jones
    • Wallace
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Reach
    • Sasso
    • Rhodes
    • Semedo

7 = Westwood Hunt Loovens Wallace Jones Reach Rhodes Semedo Sasso

7.5 = Pudil Bannon 

8 = Fletcher Hooper

8.5 = Lees

Thought we pressed as a unit much better

Bossed 1st half and should have been 3-1 up at H/T

Pleased for Pudil & Hooper having been out recently, also Bannon albeit lucky with that challenge on Ritchie!

Only thing that baffled me today was 2nd substition - Rhodes on for Hooper - maybe H/T chat of give it another 15mins?

Pleased overall and let's take that into final games - including crowd participation

WAWAW UTO FEE we can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

A great team performance.

Westwood 7   Would have been higher bit for Shelveys goal

Hunt 8 Superb.  Good going forward but defending better recently too.

Lees 8 Solid. Extra point for the goal.

Loovens 6 Ok but very slow on ball at times

Pudil 8 Excellent performance.  He is still our best left back.  Hopefully gets some form for the rest of the season.

Wallace 7 Thought he was quiet but always pops up with an assist or goal.

Bannan 6 Good in parts but lucky to stay on the pitch.

Jones 8 I've slated him but he was excellent today.  Kept it simple but did the dirty work better than usual too.

Reach 6. Worked hard again. Still seems frightened to attack his full back.

Hooper 8 Superb link play.  Anyone who doesn't rate him knows nowt about football!

Fletcher 7 Didn't have a great game.  His goal was superb but he missed some easier chances.  Need to flick the ball on better.

Sasso 6 Ok but not close enough to his man.  Needs to attack the ball more.

Rhodes 6.  Worked hard but no chances again.  Needs a goal.

Semedo 7 Was great when he came on.  Was going to give him higher but he lost Shelvey for the goal.

Massive pluses were having Hooper back but also Jones, Pudil and Hunt.

Get in! Managed to stream the whole thing on my phone whilst travelling to a remote hotel in Iceland!! Huge credit to Carlos and the boys as we were really up for this one from the off. A great team performance where every player took accountability and put a shift in. Some nice passages of play at times and some solid defending. We seem to do better against teams who play football and struggle against the ones that don't. Let's hope this gives us the confidence we need to secure a playoff spot.

Westwood 8 - some great saves. Should have done better for their goal but we'll forgive him!

Hunt 7 - looks like he has confidence back and is playing well at the moment. 

Lees 9 MOM - Awesome. A great header for the goal and a commanding defensive display.

Loovens 7 - did ok before coming off.

Pudil 8 - did very very well! Where has that performance been all season. Well done Danny.

Wallace 8 - is always involved when we score. Great ball for the goal and some other classy passes throughout.

Jones 7 - sat in there well second half. First half I thought he gave away some needless fouls but he still did ok

Bannan 8 - back to his best. On the ball a lot pulling strings.

Reach 7 - worked hard but didn't always deliver. Played a great ball for Fletch who should have made it 3-0.

Hopper 8.5 - Quality. His touch and footballing brain are what we have missed. Unlucky not to score.

Fletch 8 - another goal (great header) and worked very hard. Should have scored first half with that shot after a great lay off from Hooper and I thought he should have done better with the opportunity that Reach carved for him...but I'll let him off!

Subs 

Sasso 7 - did well enough.

Semedo 7 - was brought on to do a job and did it well. Was where we needed him, when we needed him.

Rhodes 7 - Worked hard.

Westwood 6.5, solid and assured for 88 minutes but then a poor fumble

Hunt 7.5, lots of energy and solid defensively

Lees 8.5, beast of a header for that goal, thundering over 3 defenders

Loovens 7.5, good until he got injured

Pudil 8, a couple of excellent tackles although that silly push in the 92nd minute could have cost us

Wallace 7, worked hard

Jones 8, best game for us so far

Bannan 7.5, developing a good understanding with Jones, aside from ten minutes at the start of second half we won midfield battle

Reach 6.5, tried hard and helps the defence but gave the ball away softly a couple of times and not enough end product

Hooper 8.5, unlucky with shot against bar and created two great chances for Fletcher. I think the rest of the team gained confidence when they saw how much trouble he was causing their back line.

Fletcher 8, missed an easy chance then scored a difficult one, impressive work rate

Sasso 7, slotted in really well and rarely looked troubled

Semedo 7, magic

Rhodes 6.5, worked hard but didn't create as much as Hooper, might be a sub for the run-in

5 hours ago, Liamswfc92 said:

Westwood: 7

-

Hunt: 7

Lees: 8

Loovens: 6

Pudil: 8

-

Wallace: 8

Jones: 8

Bannan: 7

Reach: 7

-

Hooper: 7

Fletcher: 8

-

Sasso: 7

Semedo: 5

Rhodes: 6

Jose Paul Semedo 5 out 10? You f00ki.ng wot son? He's 40 foot tall and his balls were forged in a volcano.

You better wash your mouth out with soap before i slap it clean.

Westwood  7.5 - 0.5 knocked off for being largely at fault for the goal. Otherwise kept them at bay a few times, did well.

Hunt 8 - Seeing the best of him right now.

Lees 8.5 - Fantastic header & generally fantastic 

Loovens 6.5 - Subbed at halftime but was solid up till that point

Pudil 8 - Happy to see him fighting for his place. LB is no longer an issue if him & Fox fight it out like this. Also well worth noting that I thought the long throw was foolish at 1-0 up if we were wanting to see the game out. Then we scored. 

Wallace 8 - Was everywhere I thought. Classic Wallace delivery for the first goal.

Jones 9 - MOTM - Mr quiet and dependable. Thought we'd have missed Hutchinson yesterday & I've not been keen on Jones as yet but he was superb yesterday!

Bannan 8 - Always on the ball. Been much better the past couple of games

Reach 7 - Still wish he'd just attack his man. Also wish he'd buy a head band to push his hair out his face or cut it. Amount of times he was mid run and had to faff his hair!

Fletcher 8 - Won a lot. Superb awareness for the goal. 

Hooper 8.5 - Been the missing link. Literally we've missed his link up play.

Just now, thebrap11 said:

In the dying minutes of the game mitrovic was about to get through on goal and someone came sliding in from nowhere with a sublime tackle. I'm not sure if it was sasso or jones so one of them 2 get my vote.

It was Pudil.