Eyad Hammoud

On 2017-3-6 at 16:40, matthefish2002 said:

I know every club does this but always felt a little uneasy about these sort of deals to bring someone to another country who are essentially children.

But hes 16 next month. People could leave school at 15 not so long back.

I stayed on but some of my mates had jobs at 16.

8 hours ago, salmonbones said:

Some people need to grow up a little.   Imagine you are 15, 14, 13, 12, 11 etc and you get tapped up by a football club, you are currently earning maybe a grand total of nothing, or pennies at the most.

In truth, even if things turn sour, you've travelled to a new culture, learned quite a lot, got probably a fair bit of cash under your belt.    Generally you will have been looked after, as will your family if you are less well off as a family.

We aren't talking exploitation, we are talking being offered something possibly you could not achieve otherwise.   A good life for a while, potentially a brilliant life for ever, for your entire family.

Yeah if he's a positive character then he can take so much from this experience whether he ultimately makes it as a professional footballer or not.

Plenty of kids, such as actors, boarding school kids are taken out of the home and blossom.

I have no doubt that SWFC will cater for his well being and duty of care.  

If he's homesick or doesn't settle for whatever reason the club will release and wish him well.

It's a fantastic opportunity if you ask me, for all parties.  

23 minutes ago, Eightace said:

But hes 16 next month. People could leave school at 15 not so long back.

I stayed on but some of my mates had jobs at 16.

Too old at that age to sweep chimneys.

11 hours ago, flo said:

15 years old. Is that even allowed?

He's 16 in July so he's the same age group as the other first year scholars that will be starting in July.  Just that he is the younger end of the year.  They will all be born September 2000 to August 2001.  I think there are 8 new scholars. He has travelled slighly further though so a massive deal for him ut at least there are a couple of Bulgarians already there.  

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

That cv is amazing. He was player of the year two years before he was even born!!! This lad really is something special.

I heard he kicked all the other sperm off the park, scoring the only goal in the womb.

4 minutes ago, Muffinman said:

What do all the child traffickers want the age of enslavement to be? Not cruel at all to take a child from a foreign culture and all they know..........not cruel at all. Especially black kids, there's a fine tradition of that. If they care so much about the kids let them develop the kids at home, surrounded by family and friends, but of course that means others benefit, where's the profit in that?  no, bang on about the few that might make it rather than the many whose lives are disrupted in the name of yet more money for the super rich. Perhaps they should consider how they would feel packing their kids off to Africa for their most important years..adolescence. Try looking around and seeing what damage is done when teenagers are uprooted from all they know. Any of the traffickers ever seen the resuts of a messy divorce? Probably too busy looking on the net to find their own kids value. Some people need to get a grip. A huge industry chewing up children and spitting them out....There's a better way to do it and thats to put the kids first and that means developing them in their own surroundings and then when they are mature enough giving them a chance to take it further.

Are you accusing the club of child slavery? 

On 3/6/2017 at 16:50, matthefish2002 said:

Just thinks its a bit unethical to pay for a child to come to another country in the hope that it might help you win a few football matches.

Totally agree.

I also think its a bit sad bringing kids over when we have so much potential within our own grass roots.

17 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

he could be called up into the bulgarian army at 16 (national service) ,could end up in a war zone (worst case scenario)... which is worse; earning mega bucks abroad or getting killed abroad ??? 

:columbo:

I mean, it's not really too much different from rich kids shipping their kids off to a foreign boarding school really is it? (Happens more than you'd think amongst the super-rich). 

Of course, difference being is he's doing this for footballing reasons rather than an educational one. He'll still get a decent enough academic education I'd have thought (without being too presumptuous,  probably better than a Bulgarian education), he gets two years in a foreign country surrounded by a different culture, and he gets hopefully an excellent footballing development. Plus you'd imagine enough money is involved that he'll be able to afford to fly back home regularly enough to visit family and friends.

I get that it can seem pretty sketchy to be getting what is still a child, relocating him by a couple of thousand miles on what is essentially a gamble on his ability, but it's not like we're stealing him away in the night. It's a great opportunity for all involved... the absolute worst case scenario is that he doesn't overly enjoy the next couple of years, spends a third of the year back in his hometown when he has the time to do so and heads back to Bulgaria when his contract ends with the added gifts of wisdom, experience and a foreign language skill. 

He's 16 next month. I was drinking ace at his age and many of us got proper full time jobs at 16.

He's not really a kid anymore. I was quite grown up at that age,  knew what was what.

And yeah, it is just like going off to boarding school or something. 

But people like to be outraged on forums