Best photo of a Sheffield Wednesday player celebrating

7 hours ago, Mickjj said:

No mate it's Roger Wylde.

Thanks. Back when the world (and Roger Wylde and I) was young. Nobody on the North, lots of people standing in the NW corner. Must be an early season

game looking at the grass - I wonder whether it was that first season in div 3?

13 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

Thanks. Back when the world (and Roger Wylde and I) was young. Nobody on the North, lots of people standing in the NW corner. Must be an early season

game looking at the grass - I wonder whether it was that first season in div 3?

I might be wrong, but I think it was August 1977 and a league cup game against Doncaster. Did we win 5-2? 

Also did something similar in 1979 when he scored at the same end against swindon.  I was on the Lep that day when he ran up to us. My first Wednesday legend. 

I've trawled tinterweb looking for a picture of Brighty when he scored the winner against the pigs at Wembley. It's the one where he was in the air with his head and arms back and his back arched and I remembered him doing it on the day, one of the few things I could remember and the photographer had caught the image of pure celebration beautifully. I think the picture got used for a advert, but i cannot remember what the advert was for.

I love looking back at some of these brilliant pictures though and again its great to see so many that you were actually there for isn't it.

Lets hope there is a good photo of our lads celebrating the winner tomorrow!

UTO! 

21 hours ago, Mickjj said:

No mate it's Roger Wylde.

Two of my favourite players, first Prendo (I went nuts in the upper West when he scored that free kick against Chester) and then Oscar (still remember the

'Clocking On' headline for his 3rd minute goal at home to Gillingham). Looking at the photo of Roger celebrating at Wolves in the surprising  league cup win,

with Prendo there too, I still wonder whether the photo's of Prendo.....

10 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Brian Woodall.

3rd Round Replay away at Leeds, 8th January 1969.

I can still remember this picture, the next day, on the back of the Newspaper.

http://www.ozwhitelufc.net.au/08-01-1969 LUFC v Sheffield Wednesday.htm

057C60F3-AE97-48A8-9A26-5B374F2973E4-199-0000000CEA71804B_tmp.png

3659FF25-B54A-40B6-B8B4-F5D4DF9F60B1-199-0000000D9B2BE84D_tmp.png

I was looking high and low for that but couldn't find it .......that's the greatest performance ive seen from a Wednesday side ,we were awesome against a leeds side who only lost 2 games all season .........shame we bombed out in the next round to 2nd division brum .

25 minutes ago, modboy said:

imo to be an iconic SWFC photo it definitely has to be in the home blue and white stripes kit

Brian Woodall scored two goals that night. The photo shows his amazement - not his joy IMO. He didn't  play much after that, for us or anyone else - it was the highlight of his career.

Leeds were massive favourites for that game - not just for that game, but to win the actual FA Cup overall. And, that was when it was worth something.

It was the first kit I ever had - must have been Christmas 1968 - I'd have been 9 years old. I loved that kit. Wore it all the time.

My favourite kit was the FA Cup final kit - all pure white. An iconic moment is not just about a kit IMO.

48 years ago - and I remember the photo, I remember Brian Woodalls name, I remember the result,  and I remember he scored two goals for us.

Something, most of us will never achieve.

Thats iconic IMO.

*Although the thread title asks for 'best' not 'iconic'.