Best photo of a Sheffield Wednesday player celebrating

12 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Brian Woodall scored two goals that night. The photo shows his amazement - not his joy IMO. He didn't  play much after that, for us or anyone else - it was the highlight of his career.

Leeds were massive favourites for that game - not just for that game, but to win the actual FA Cup overall. And, that was when it was worth something.

It was the first kit I ever had - must have been Christmas 1968 - I'd have been 9 years old. I loved that kit. Wore it all the time.

My favourite kit was the FA Cup final kit - all pure white. An iconic moment is not just about a kit IMO.

48 years ago - and I remember the photo, I remember Brian Woodalls name, I remember the result,  and I remember he scored two goals for us.

Something, most of us will never achieve.

Thats iconic IMO.

*Although the thread title asks for 'best' not 'iconic'.

good post that mate .......I can remember the goals like it was yesterday ...that one you posted was the first a cheeky chip from a very acute angle down at the geldard end , the other 2 where at the scratching shed end where most wednesdayites were congregated ,the  second he was on the end of a knock down from Ritchie and volleyed home from 6 yards , the 3rd Ritchie ran on to a long ball and toe poked home from the edge of the box ....best football night of my life . 

On 04/03/2017 at 05:45, BRADDO said:

Yep, TC was a real hero of mine for years.

That equaliser at Bramhole Lane to make it 1-1 particularly stands out. Easter 1980.     What a goal!

79-80 season he was brilliant and totally tormented the blunts in both games.

BDM was first game I ever saw at Hillsborough. I was hooked, lined and sinkered.

7 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

79-80 season he was brilliant and totally tormented the blunts in both games.

BDM was first game I ever saw at Hillsborough. I was hooked, lined and sinkered.

What a first game to attend. No going elsewhere for you buddy after that. Awesome Christmas that wasn't it