Sending off...

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Obviously should never put your hands on the ref but the way the ref reacted was pathetic. Embarrassing. 

True. One step backwards would have been enough.

But as clear a red as you will ever see.

We need more of this. Oppos pressing the self-destruct button when on top.

We could have "The Jermaine Beckford Award for Services Rendered" at every match.

Edited by Holmowl

7 hours ago, iliveinthenow said:

Right, I am gonna get some stick for this. But what the heck!

The ref being pushed and his over reaction ironically has a significance for us.

This goes way back to Di Canio's push, which some of you may agree or not was the beginning of the end for us back in the late 90's.

Has anyone heard of the law of compensation? Or karma? It can be termed differently.

An example in football would be:

• Shevchenko scoring the winning penalty one year to win the champions league final, only to miss a penalty 2 years later or so to give the other team the champions league.
  • This also happened to us against Birmingham this season when they turned a 1-0 goal margin around to win 2-1.  We did the same to them last season when Hooper scored his double.
  • Think of it like Liverpool winning so much in the 80's and not winning the league since.  Its the law of compensation.

That push on the ref is just the law of compensation working itself out, evening out the karma so to speak. It can takes years for it to even out as you can see, or sometimes it doesnt take long at all. 

What does this mean for us? It basically means we are leveling out the playing field and we are well and truly on our way back. You might wanna think of it as lifting a curse, bad luck or whatever. 

This law also works for every day life.

Ironic username

8 hours ago, iliveinthenow said:

Right, I am gonna get some stick for this. But what the heck!

The ref being pushed and his over reaction ironically has a significance for us.

This goes way back to Di Canio's push, which some of you may agree or not was the beginning of the end for us back in the late 90's.

Has anyone heard of the law of compensation? Or karma? It can be termed differently.

An example in football would be:

• Shevchenko scoring the winning penalty one year to win the champions league final, only to miss a penalty 2 years later or so to give the other team the champions league.
  • This also happened to us against Birmingham this season when they turned a 1-0 goal margin around to win 2-1.  We did the same to them last season when Hooper scored his double.
  • Think of it like Liverpool winning so much in the 80's and not winning the league since.  Its the law of compensation.

That push on the ref is just the law of compensation working itself out, evening out the karma so to speak. It can takes years for it to even out as you can see, or sometimes it doesnt take long at all. 

What does this mean for us? It basically means we are leveling out the playing field and we are well and truly on our way back. You might wanna think of it as lifting a curse, bad luck or whatever. 

This law also works for every day life.

I see your point. Getting the Venkys must be Blackburn's payback for getting Jack Walker and buying the league title. WTF:

4 hours ago, modboy said:

100% red for touching the ref. Not excusable . 

Ref was shocking all night though 

Yes ref was pretty poor but can't knock him for the incident. Easy to unbalance someone when they're not expecting it. I should imagine that the player will get an extra long rest from games too now.

1 minute ago, Dagmeister said:

Yes ref was pretty poor but can't knock him for the incident. Easy to unbalance someone when they're not expecting it. I should imagine that the player will get an extra long rest from games too now.

They said the same about Alcock.  Codswallop.  Ref made a right meal out of it.

I agree about the long rest though.  Especially as he's been waxing lyrical about it on twitter.

10 minutes ago, wednesdaywizard said:

They said the same about Alcock.  Codswallop.  Ref made a right meal out of it.

I agree about the long rest though.  Especially as he's been waxing lyrical about it on twitter.

Maybe; maybe not but in both cases the players were the guilty parties not the ref... IMO

No player can put a hand on the ref, never mind slightly push him, as he definitely did. It is immaterial whether the ref stumbles or not. Right decision for me.

The ref did not see the handball, as Blackburn player had his back to him, it was the linesman who gave the decision and he gave it immediately.

Akpan, I stand firm in the fact that you don't fully understand the rules of the game you're payed to play professionally. Doesn't have to be a push pal.

May aswell have tweeted "sorry, not sorry." Could well see thurther punishment.

Edited by JackSWFC