Official Summer 2017 TRANSFER WINDOW Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

For the last three transfer windows we have been saying we will get rid of some of the deadwood today. trim the squad.

But it never happens.

Sasso,Semedo, Sogou, Emmanuelson, Dielna, Melo, Lachmann all left in summer..................and we still have a fair bit of deadwood left which shows you just how over inflated and draining (FFP?) our squad was / is.

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

As I said, part of me is envious of how Brentfords of the league get to play young exciting players, play attacking football without the expectation of having to get promoted. So, with that in mind I'd not be upset if we sold the lot of them. 

Now obviously that cant or won't happen. Even if you listed the lot of them. My ramble as it was, was an extreme example. Ypu seem to have taken the current reality and expectation and overlaid it with my extreme example of slashing 20 or so players from the squad. 

It's highly unlikely but was more to press point that anyone could go than the fact that everyone would go. 

If we were to adopt the methodology of blooding youth, playing without expectation then we'd not be able to spend spend spend so, you'd keep low cost players such as Nuhiu and Winall, not be competing for Boyd's but instead Ollie Watkins and co. 

For us to play my team we'd have sold (I'm sure i'll miss some) Westwood, Keen, Pudil, Fox, Reach, Lees, Hutch, Loovens, Abdi, Bannan, Jones, Matias, Wallace, Boyd, Fessi, McGugan, Rhodes, Fletcher, 

as pointed out in my fantasy scenario, that's hugely unlikely in one window and if it did magically happen you'd have the best part of £55 million to play with to bolster your squad with young exciting players. 

We have to bring youth through, as long as they are good enough.

I'd sell a lb and give penny a crack.

I'd have used one of Thornley or ogrady as 4th choice cb.

If we sell 2 strikers, Hirst should be involved in the squad every week.

Wildsmith and Dawson are capable understudies but not ready to be first choice.

And therein is the flaw - these untried rookies are not going to benefit from playing in this league, unless we surround them with experienced pro's to guide them.

There's nothing to be gained from giving them 46 games of a relegation dogfight. Look at spurr and beevers - confidence totally shot from playing in a side that kept losing, and the pressure that comes from it.

5 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Looks like we're after a central midfielder and winger today. Also to get Joao loaned out and Hirsty loaned out would be great. 

I really hope all these things happen. Just your thoughts that we are after a CM aswell as a winger or do you know something :-)

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Im hoping beyond hope we can some how do a deal for Jota or Snodgrass.

With Joost Van Aken signed yesterday and still no players going out, how can we sign even another one without breaking the FFP? Or is it all just tactical and we're well within it anyway?!

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope all these things happen. Just your thoughts that we are after a CM aswell as a winger or do you know something :-)

Haha, George Smith on twitter with an excellent track record says that Wednesday are in for a CM today, and Carlos' comments earlier in the month would also suggest that. Nothing concrete though, Lee coming back might have put and end to it.