Official Summer 2017 TRANSFER WINDOW Rumours Thread

14 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Crazy as it sounds Part if me would love it if we: 

Sold Westwood and brought Wildsmith in win lose or draw. 

Played Penny at leftback. Sold Pudil, Glen, Lees, keep new two backed up by our young lads. Hunt can stay as he's attacking and be a great outlet. Palmer as utility sub. 

I'd have brought in Edwards and Irvine for 3m combined and got rid of our midfield army of center mids. Not signed Boyd, let go of Wallace. If could bring in Kent and Sims or similar. 

Upfront as you say Winal and Jaoa (although I'd love Hooper to stay in the project). Maybe keep Nuhiu for utility and hirst on bench. 

Wildsmith

Hunt

Fred 

Joost

Penny

Kent

Lee/Edwards 

Irvine 

Sims

Hooper/Jaoa

Winall

subs: Dawson, Palmer, Jaoa, Hirst, Winall, Edwards, Thornley

sorry for offtopic rant of a crazy man, insane with madness of modern day valuations! 

What then in 2022 we are European champions.

lol

47 minutes ago, modboy said:

Is it really bad that the only players I hope we don't lose is Fletcher, Hooper, Westwood and Lee?

Rest = if the price was right 

I would add Hunt, Bannan, Rhodes, Lees, Reach, Nuhiu, Wildsmith and Boyd to that list. 

22 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Played Penny at leftback. Sold Pudil, Glen, Lees, keep new two backed up by our young lads. Hunt can stay as he's attacking and be a great outlet. Palmer as utility sub. 

I'd have brought in Edwards and Irvine for 3m combined and got rid of our midfield army of center mids. Not signed Boyd, let go of Wallace. If could bring in Kent and Sims or similar. 

Upfront as you say Winal and Jaoa (although I'd love Hooper to stay in the project). Maybe keep Nuhiu for utility and hirst on bench. 

Wildsmith

Hunt

Fred 

Joost

Penny

Kent

Lee/Edwards 

Irvine 

Sims

Hooper/Jaoa

Winall

sorry for offtopic rant of a crazy man, insane with madness of modern day valuations! 

You must really be missing the league 1 days :ghoulguy:

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

You must really be missing the league 1 days :ghoulguy:

Not at all, we never to my memory bought exciting young talent when in league one. 

I do miss the ability to give a youth team player or prospect 3-5 game run though. Without the need to drag them off as result is more important. 

My post was more to demonstrate that id not mind the majority leaving, likelihood is that even if they were all listed we'd not be able to move on though as we have evidently seen with some we have. 

We couod easily get rid of 15+ players tomorrow and still have a squad capable of surviving this league.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Fred 

Joost

Penny

Kent

Lee/Edwards 

Irvine 

Sims

Hooper/Jaoa

Winall

Dyche said at the start of the season how he wants two players for each position, with rest of the squad made from "hungry" youngsters putting pressure on those 22.

Sounds ideal to me.

Having likes of Penney, Thorniley, Murphy, Clare, Preston, Hirst in and around first team squad would have saved us fortune in transfer fees and wages, and we wouldn't lost much in quality.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Dyche said at the start of the season how he wants two players for each position, with rest of the squad made from "hungry" youngsters putting pressure on those 22.

Sounds ideal to me.

Having likes of Penney, Thorniley, Murphy, Clare, Preston, Hirst in and around first team squad would have saved us fortune in transfer fees and wages, and we wouldn't lost much in quality.

It's a bit upsetting that thr best group of youth players find them selves with the worst opportunities. Price we pay for progression but as you say many could offer competition or back up for a far lesser cost and aid their development at same time, 

52 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Fred 

Joost

Penny

Kent

Lee/Edwards 

Irvine 

Sims

Hooper/Jaoa

Winall

Wildsmith instead of Westwood? Really? Westwood in his prime?

Sell Tom Lees, replace him with thorniley and ogrady - two young lads with zero first team experience - and van Halen and velancio, neither of who we've even seen play?

Not sign Boyd is a bizarre one. Free signing, loads of experience, still capable of winning us games.

Wallace is also an odd one. On what basis are you suggesting Kent would be a better option?

Pick winnall and joao over Hooper? 

Release Rhodes, but keep Dave? I like Nuhiu, but he doesn't get ahead of any of our strikers for me.

Selling bannan and Hutchinson is pure bonkers. 

Your team would have us in league 1 in one season. 

I'm all for bringing youth through - and there's a solid argument for penny, hirst and ogrady to be in the squad - but squad players only. Not starting 11.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Sell Tom Lees, replace him with thorniley and ogrady - two young lads with zero first team experience - and van Halen and velancio, neither of who we've even seen play?

Not sign Boyd is a bizarre one. Free signing, loads of experience, still capable of winning us games.

Wallace is also an odd one. On what basis are you suggesting Kent would be a better option?

Release Rhodes, but keep Dave? I like Nuhiu, but he doesn't get ahead of any of our strikers for me.

I'm all for bringing youth through - and there's a solid argument for penny, hirst and ogrady to be in the squad - but squad players only. Not starting 11.

Van Halen. 

At we would know he could Jump.

lol

• Haha 1

Sounds like we've forgotten that two weeks ago we said we were after another midfielder.

No doubt the resurrection of Kieran Lee has quenched the desire to bring one in...

Until he breaks down once again, after rushing him back too soon, and we'll be down to just Jones & Bannan as central midfielders who can reliably get through 90 minutes of football.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

As I said, part of me is envious of how Brentfords of the league get to play young exciting players, play attacking football without the expectation of having to get promoted. So, with that in mind I'd not be upset if we sold the lot of them. 

Now obviously that cant or won't happen. Even if you listed the lot of them. My ramble as it was, was an extreme example. Ypu seem to have taken the current reality and expectation and overlaid it with my extreme example of slashing 20 or so players from the squad. 

It's highly unlikely but was more to press point that anyone could go than the fact that everyone would go. 

If we were to adopt the methodology of blooding youth, playing without expectation then we'd not be able to spend spend spend so, you'd keep low cost players such as Nuhiu and Winall, not be competing for Boyd's but instead Ollie Watkins and co. 

For us to play my team we'd have sold (I'm sure i'll miss some) Westwood, Keen, Pudil, Fox, Reach, Lees, Hutch, Loovens, Abdi, Bannan, Jones, Matias, Wallace, Boyd, Fessi, McGugan, Rhodes, Fletcher, 

as pointed out in my fantasy scenario, that's hugely unlikely in one window and if it did magically happen you'd have the best part of £55 million to play with to bolster your squad with young exciting players. 

What a frantic day tomorrow will be. 

Expect to see some BIG moves.

Alexis Sanchez to Man City - 75m (there's a 2314 page thread on him on Man City's forum)

Ryhad Mahrez to Arsenal - 45m 

Renato Sanchez to Swansea - Loan 

Oxlade Chamberlain to Liverpool - 35m

Fernando Llorente - Chelsea 

Danny Drinkwater - Chelsea 

Diego Costa - Some how, Some way - Everton.

Leicester will be swimming in cash, they could randomly sign some unwanted English players Barkley & Townsend

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I'll be happy if we just manage to get 1 quality addition in, anything else is a bonus 

Looks like Josh Sims would class as a Quality addition. Southampton fans upset to see him leave, even on loan.

Edited by bigash_swfc