Official Summer 2017 TRANSFER WINDOW Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Reckon first signing will be Keogh. One thing I really like about him is that he seems a proper leader on the pitch which I don't think we have enough of. Doesn't look the most gifted player though and sounds prone to a mistake. 

Not an inspiring first signing...

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Reckon first signing will be Keogh. One thing I really like about him is that he seems a proper leader on the pitch which I don't think we have enough of. Doesn't look the most gifted player though and sounds prone to a mistake. 

I hope not. I would prefer Ayala, he's younger and more solid. He'd be a smarter signing.

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Mick Lyons wasn't very gifted.

But...

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we're signing him to improve the squad, I can live with that, he's better than Sasso, so he's an improvement. But he's one of those types I despise, always in the referee's ear, he congratulates the ref once he's conned him. I will be disappointed if he's a first team regular.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, Retford_Owl said:

Announcement early next week regarding first signing.

God we are slow at negotiations lol

1 in and 1 out apparently 

We managed to get shut of McGugan ? 

8 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

I hope not. I would prefer Ayala, he's younger and more solid. He'd be a smarter signing.

I agree Ayala is a better player, however, we are in need of a couple of nasty buggers and leaders. That and pace is what we dearly lack. We are collecting a lot of good players but that doesn't make a good team.

the more I think of Keogh and Ayala or Hanley etc the more I favour Keogh as I think he goes much further to addressing what the TEAM needs regardless of who is a better player on paper

21 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

I agree Ayala is a better player, however, we are in need of a couple of nasty buggers and leaders. That and pace is what we dearly lack. We are collecting a lot of good players but that doesn't make a good team.

the more I think of Keogh and Ayala or Hanley etc the more I favour Keogh as I think he goes much further to addressing what the TEAM needs regardless of who is a better player on paper

Agreed entirely.

This Keogh bashing is getting a bit boring now.  All these Keogh experts on here yet the two Derby ST holders i've spoken to really rate him and say he gets unfair stick.

Yes, get in, the OFFICIAL summer transfer rumours thread is off and running, with better quality rumours.

Only another 95 pages to catch up lads.

I have faith in you.

ALF and Michael Mols btw. And neither of them are Scottish.