FF Penalty @ Brighton

A right footed player curving the ball to the left of the goal puts the ball momentarily within reach of a keeper who manages to be a yard off his goal line when the ball is kicked. Watch the replay. A right footed player who curves the ball to the right of the goal only has to get the pace right to beat the keeper, even if he's a yard off his goal line when kicked. 

5 hours ago, ozznotts said:

Am I the only person who has realized why FF missed the penalty? He had to wait an eternity for the whistle as Brighton argued with the ref over positions of players on the edge of the 'area'. I said to my Son at the time he is going to miss it now! FF will come good again. I am sure of that.

What about the rebound? That should of gone in if nothing else.

He got the pen saved but everyone failing to mention his quick reactions put the rebounded save back on target, only for a world class save by Stockdale to save it a 2nd time, 9 times out of 10 the rebounded effort would have gone in. FF was very unlucky there, andit shows Brighton are destined for promotion.

Double Save

I've always said that if you're made to wait an age for a penalty, simply walk up to the ball and respot. Essentially a way to artificially reset everything mentally. Don't understand why, once everything was nearly calm, he didn't just walk up to the ball, give it a little jiggle in his hands, then step back to restart his run up. Frustrating, once he was standing at the end of his run up for more than 30 seconds, you just knew he was gonna miss

58 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I dunno why they have to do fancy penalties. Hard into corner is best

Whenever a penalty taker stands two yards from the ball, the goalkeeper's eyes must light up.

Did FF imagine that Brighton had not watched videos of his previous penalties?

20 minutes ago, jerseyowl said:

He got the pen saved but everyone failing to mention his quick reactions put the rebounded save back on target, only for a world class save by Stockdale to save it a 2nd time, 9 times out of 10 the rebounded effort would have gone in. FF was very unlucky there, andit shows Brighton are destined for promotion.

Double Save

unlucky ? he should have buried it ,he scuffed the shot allowing stockdale to get something on it while still sprawled on the ground ..it was bad miss  

4 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Every time for me....

Hit it VERY hard and that usually sorts it. (also see Weavers penalty in shootout v. Chesterfield).

the best pen ive ever seen but sadly in the worst shootout theres ever been .....I doubt any side as ever been 3-0 up in a shootout and lost .7 pens in a row went against us

No such thing as a good or bad penalty (as long as you hit the target). Just a goal or not.  If keeper guesses right fair play.  But if you trickle it down the middle and the keeper dives out of the way nobody will mention it.  If keeper pulls off a decent save then automatically it becomes a bad pen.

Just not bothered...