FF Penalty @ Brighton

The goalkeeper will nearly always go left or right. If he stands still and the ball goes in the corner it makes him look stupid. On that basis hammer the ball straight at the goalkeeper and he will dive away from it.

It worked for me for years until some bright goalkeeper realised what I was doing.

Some penalties get saved, get over it.

2 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Nice hight for a keeper and no where near the corner;Blunkett could have saved that while walking his dog...

24 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

He should have buried it.

Never mind what else was happening.

1 hour ago, trotter said:

Never mind the penalty, his scuffed shot from two yards following it up was even worse

Suddenly seems FF doesn't deserve his new contract at £40k per week

3 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Ironic statement to make coming from someone who ripped into Nuhiu not so long along for just missing a penalty against QPR despite previously having a very good record taking penalties for us and also made amends with a well taken headed goal.

:manager:

I'm not good at the search functions, please tell me the post where I ripped into Nuhiu for missing a penalty.

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

There are no excuses for missing a penalty. Odds are stacked in taker's favour. Keeper only has a chance if you feck it up. 

If that's the case then mate,  Why don't they scrap penalties and just give a goal the other way if they all go in? The best footballers in the world miss penalties. Chris Waddle one of the best players I've seen in a Wednesday shirt skied his semi final penalty, we know how good he was? he missed the target, if the keeper goes the other way for Fessi's people would have said he sent the keeper the wrong way. It's a fine line isn't it.

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Try around the time of the QPR home game last season. In fact, immediately after.

I've had a look at the posts and nothing could be further from the truth.

I said the opposite, I said pretty much that a gash penalty is a gash penalty, nothing more nothing less.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, Woodie said:

If that's the case then mate,  Why don't they scrap penalties and just give a goal the other way if they all go in? The best footballers in the world miss penalties. Chris Waddle one of the best players I've seen in a Wednesday shirt skied his semi final penalty, we know how good he was? he missed the target, if the keeper goes the other way for Fessi's people would have said he sent the keeper the wrong way. It's a fine line isn't it.

Because players do feck it up from time to time. Like I said, takes a poor pen to be saved. With sufficient power, placement, and/or deception, it's a goal. It's a free hit unimpeded from 12 yards. Chances don't come much better than that. 

21 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I've had a look at the posts and nothing could be further from the truth.

I said the opposite, I said pretty much that a gash penalty is a gash penalty, nothing more nothing less.

Here you go. Spin it any which way you like but the implications are the same. An attack on Nuhiu for missing a penalty that cost us points.

24 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Here you go. Spin it any which way you like but the implications are the same. An attack on Nuhiu for missing a penalty that cost us points.

What I didn't say is that a bad penalty made him a bad player (Nuhiu is a bad player though,  but not because of 1 penalty miss!)

Of course missed penalties can and do lose games, as FF's did. My issue with the OP is that he states FF will come good again, as if the penalty miss made him bad. I never said similar for Noo Noo.

Precisely. 

19 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

I've always said that if you're made to wait an age for a penalty, simply walk up to the ball and respot. Essentially a way to artificially reset everything mentally. Don't understand why, once everything was nearly calm, he didn't just walk up to the ball, give it a little jiggle in his hands, then step back to restart his run up. Frustrating, once he was standing at the end of his run up for more than 30 seconds, you just knew he was gonna miss

On 25 January 2017 at 09:31, torryowl said:

not sure about that ......put it in the right place with pace then no keeper on earth can save it .that to me is a good pen .........anything within the keepers reach just becomes a lottery of who's luck is in .obviously the the odds are 3 to1with the taker but put it in top corner with pace  and its 100% guaranteed .

Not many places on target are out of reach of a model keeper.  And if you're being that precise with placement you're losing power or gambling massively with missing the target.  It's all about playing the %s and to be honest blasted about a foot off the floor straight down the middle is probably the best place.

Just not bothered...

On 01/25/2017 at 06:46, WBridgfordowl said:

The keeper had to wait the same amount of time.

it was a really poor penalty, it happens, but let's not make excuses. Lots of players score after being kept waiting, but on this occasion FF missed a penalty. That's it

in his defence he's expected to score the keeper isnt expected to save it. the pressures on the taker.

bad penalties happen a lot nowadays, its all about conning the keeper instead of placement or power