Conor Hourihane

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

hoping for the choke again in fact I may put money on it for the laugh

so hope they don't find out about life in the championship yet 

oooerr wolfman anti betting or a blunt sympathiser ?

I may double that bet :biggrin:

I liked the idea of Hourihane, he could have provided the sort of service we thought we might have got from Abdi. In my opinion, there was little point in having both at Hillsborough, so unless Abdi is moving on, I'm not sure there was any point in bringing Hourihane here. I do think he was more likely to adapt to the way we set up, than Abdi was though

3 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

The Sun are sort of suggesting he wants to work with Bruce (again) and so favours Villa. Don't know if that is true or just Sun speculation.

Safe to say that's fairly rubbish by the sun. If Brighton and Newcastle or even hull or Swansea were after him I doubt he would be "determined" to work under Bruce at a midtable championship side. 

Maybe the choice between us and Villa is difficult for him, when it shouldn't be

:manager:

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I liked the idea of Hourihane, he could have provided the sort of service we thought we might have got from Abdi. In my opinion, there was little point in having both at Hillsborough, so unless Abdi is moving on, I'm not sure there was any point in bringing Hourihane here. I do think he was more likely to adapt to the way we set up, than Abdi was though

I liked the idea of Hourihane because of his assists and stats. It's what I expected of Abdi but for whatever reasons we haven't seen the best of him yet. Hopefully we will but if not, then if we could get our money back and use it to bring in a Lee replacement, then that might be best.

6 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

I liked the idea of Hourihane because of his assists and stats. It's what I expected of Abdi but for whatever reasons we haven't seen the best of him yet. Hopefully we will but if not, then if we could get our money back and use it to bring in a Lee replacement, then that might be best.

Yeah, is it that easy?  This management lark is a breeze.

35 minutes ago, modboy said:

beginning of the season if people had said you could either have Abdi or Hourihane then you would have been laughed off OT

Lets hope Abdi steps up now like Lopez did last season

For me, it's which one fits best. Although Carlos insists that Abdi is injured, when he has been fit, he hasn't really had a look in. On that basis, getting in a similar player, who offers the same options, but who would fit the system, then I'd be happy to take the Barnsley man. At the moment, we have an asset, an expensive asset, who we aren't able to use