£6m Dead Money

3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Do you think that I'm being grossly inaccurate in estimating £6m each year in wages for these players or are you just being a clever so and so looking simply to pick fault with my original post?

A shade of both, mainly because I have no idea how much they are on a year, neither do you. You might be round the right figure, you might be waaayyyyyy off, could be higher or lower. Either way, as i said, DC is clearly ok with these players being on the books, so, it is ok with me. It's his money after all

Just now, marcx666 said:

A shade of both, mainly because I have no idea how much they are on a year, neither do you. You might be round the right figure, you might be waaayyyyyy off, could be higher or lower. Either way, as i said, DC is clearly ok with these players being on the books, so, it is ok with me. It's his money after all

Is DC "okay" with these players on the books? 

Now who is talking fantasy?

3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

So you are not in agreement that these players are bleeding the club of money?

I have a similar opinion to Grim.

I don't agree all of them are of no use at all. Some of them will be clear they are not in the plans but it is not just a case of we should get rid and there being an implied "so why haven't we" in your post that is just ridiculous. You or I have no ideas the length that the club have or have not gone to, to these players off the books or even how important it is considered.

5 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Well, if he wasn't he would have paid off their contracts, so I would assume he is. He desnt strike me as the sort of person to f*ck about if he isn't happy

4 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

What has he said to you ? No doubt you have some inside knowledge...do share us with what he said to you

Edited by daveyboy66

As I understand it most of them ( with the probable exception of Mattias and Emanualsen who are recovering from injury anyway) are available for loan/transfer but no takers at present.

As they are under contract the only way to get rid quickly is to pay off the contract. This would be the same as paying their wages all in one big hit.

The alternative of booting them involve compensating the outstanding contract amount plus legal costs.

Try and live in the real world instead of your imaginary one.

4 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Logic dictates he must be or he would not have sanctioned players being bought into replace them. 

True point that actually, hadn't even thought of it, but yeah, some chairman turn round and go "we are spending too much on wages, so make do with what you have, as we won't be signing anyone until some have been sold"

The OPs overall money may be wrong but whatever the amount it is a lot of money. CC is business man and cannot be happy paying out monthly for dead wood. It also works against us with FFP rules, so why have a go at someone making a valid point. I see worst rubbish post on here every day.

One by one the players Carlos or Mr C consider surplus to requirements will move on and resume their careers at other clubs (although I'd say 3 or 4 from that list wouldn't necessarily qualify right now)

But when they do, the transfers will be 'undisclosed' and we never will find out how much they received from us in wages

If/when they ever return to Hillsborough as opponents then they're guaranteed to play out of their skins and then we can ALL have a right old moan about it

I wonder if Emanuelson has stepped foot in Sheffield since he signed for us.

Bizarre signing. I very much doubt if we will ever see him play for us.

Bus

McGugan

Sougou

Dielna

Not sure why they haven't shook hands on a contract termination, or have really pushed for a loan move. Maybe it's just football fans that think it would be better playing first team football somewhere rather than turn out for a development squad.