£6m Dead Money

25 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Well maybe, as a middle aged bloke, if you didnt insult other users and made sensible posts then maybe you wouldnt need to seek peoples approval.

No no, I think you'll find that you instigated this little exchange with your arrogant insinuating comment of "What is it with all of these new posters posting poo ".

Wind your neck in sunshine.

19 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

The ppl saying just cancel their contracts must be mad. Why should we pay them millions up front so they can then go and sign for someone else next week. I'd rather keep the wasters at the club and make them clean the car park or stands or summert until someone comes in for them 

The problem with simply cancelling contracts (as I see it), is that it's still spending money so with FFP having such an influence in how we operate there is no benefit in paying players up.

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Why does it have to be before signing anyone? Do you have to pay the wages of any new players until those players leave. It's mr Cs money who are we to tell him how to spend it?  I just want the best team he can afford. 

He'll be able to afford better if he gets shut of that lot. 

7 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Fair do's. I think Nuhiu is costing us a lot of money just to be a nuisance type player for the later stages of games. Much like Semedo I am baffled why he was given a new deal.

Semedos more for behind the scenes, wouldn't be surprised if hes offered a coaching role at some point

Just a thought but may have been best not to sign these non players at all, instead using money on more productive footballers who would have took us near top 2 and had high sell on values.

Barnsley's latest cheap signing now wanted by wba for 6 million.

Also would have helped with fmp situation.

Then again, it's taken cellino much longer than Chansiri to get right policies, practices and people in place

2 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No no, I think you'll find that you instigated this little exchange with your arrogant insinuating comment of "What is it with all of these new posters posting poo ".

Wind your neck in sunshine.

Yes yes, I think you'll find that I simply made a generalisation. You, however, have resorted to name calling and insults to more than one person in this thread.

Mind my arrogance but maybe this debating lark just isn't for you.

4 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

The problem with simply cancelling contracts (as I see it), is that it's still spending money so with FFP having such an influence in how we operate there is no benefit in paying players up.

Yep that's the way I see it too. The biggest problem is their big contracts that they're not willing to lower to play

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

Yes yes, I think you'll find that I simply made a generalisation. You, however, have resorted to name calling and insults to more than one person in this thread.

Mind my arrogance but maybe this debating lark just isn't for you.

Yes you certainly called that correctly...... Arrogance.

I 'insult', but you simply made a generalisation - ok fella 

Happy New Year to you too.

8 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bus

Melo

McGugan

Nuhiu

Emanuelson

Matias

Sougou

Dielna

Semedo

Please CC & DC, let's get shut of this lot before we bring anything else in!

Some of those players were made available in the summer apparently and no offers were received. Read the other day that Florest are interested in taking Mugughan on loan also heard that he has turned down other loan moves. If true maybe that goes some way to showing why he isn't playing for us.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bus

Melo

McGugan

Nuhiu

Emanuelson

Matias

Sougou

Dielna

Semedo

It's not as easy as it sounds.  They would if they could!!

Guest Deleted member
17 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bus

Melo

McGugan

Nuhiu

Emanuelson

Matias

Sougou

Dielna

Semedo

Is the OP really so worthy of such a response?

Looking at that list I'm not sure £6m is that far off, it's only £12k a week on average, and given that Emanuelson hinted at him being made one of the club's highest paid players when he signed it does allow for a few being on less.

At a time when fans appear to be saying we shouldn't be looking at Rhodes because of FFP it can't be denied that the money we are wasting on bad signings is hampering us. And it's also fairly clear that our transfer policy has resembled a real life Football Manager game at times recently.

12 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Is the OP really so worthy of such a response?

Looking at that list I'm not sure £6m is that far off, it's only £12k a week on average, and given that Emanuelson hinted at him being made one of the club's highest paid players when he signed it does allow for a few being on less.

At a time when fans appear to be saying we shouldn't be looking at Rhodes because of FFP it can't be denied that the money we are wasting on bad signings is hampering us. And it's also fairly clear that our transfer policy has resembled a real life Football Manager game at times recently.

After reading some of the replies to my OP, the thought 'why bother contributing' did cross my mind, but 1 or 2 replies I feel were valid.

It's funny that people accuse you of playing football manager and yet I would suggest that many won't even be aware of the details of the crass stupidity and reckless spending of the 90's that led us into the recent past high court appointments in 2010.

Emanuelson could be another Yonk.

Matias another Donnelly

Melo another Hinchliffe

Abdi another Sibon

Or how about the Kovacevic sell-on fee that we never received?

I could go on too.... Talk about ghosts of the past coming back to haunt us. 

I fear for the long term if we don't start to get things right with players.