£6m Dead Money

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

Why cannot people understand it's not as simple to offload players as they think - don't we think they would have got rid of some of these months ago if they could?

Because they play too many football manager games so they lose a grasp on reality.

44 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bus

Melo

McGugan

Nuhiu

Emanuelson

Matias

Sougou

Dielna

Semedo

Please CC & DC, let's get shut of this lot before we bring anything else in!

Cant go anywhere til someone else wants 'em and we are satisfied with what they offer they are contracted to us.

Also would personally be disappointed to see Matias go without him getting another crack (if ever fit that is) and Urby without ever seeing him actually play.

15 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

I wonder if Emanuelson has stepped foot in Sheffield since he signed for us.

Bizarre signing. I very much doubt if we will ever see him play for us.

Bus

McGugan

Sougou

Dielna

Not sure why they haven't shook hands on a contract termination, or have really pushed for a loan move. Maybe it's just football fans that think it would be better playing first team football somewhere rather than turn out for a development squad.

why would they(players) want to terminate there contracts ?......bus can sit it out for another 2 years and then go back to Rumania a very rich young man .

32 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

What has he said to you ? No doubt you have some inside knowledge...do share us with what he said to you

No doubt that you are being a smart *rse who is about to accuse me of playing Football Manager or living in a fantasy world.

The fact is that these players are either injury prone and have no future under Carlos so they are of no use to us and are strangling our ability to move properly in the market. I don't expect them to go any time soon sadly.

What is it with all of these new posters all of a sudden all of whom seem to be starting new threads about exactly the same thing?

Anyways, do you think we are the only club in the whole world who have signed players who it just hasnt worked out for (for whatever reason)? It happened to us in the past, it will happen to us in the future. Its not our money and I assume that when it becomes a problem to Chansiri he will do something about it.

Or would you prefer that we went back to having a threadbare squad where we have to rely on academy players when we have a few injuries?

42 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Wrong to have such a disparaging post even though the figures maybe well wide of the mark. Every time you make a purchase there is risk involved.

Surely you have to look at the overall picture and look at the added value when we near on Stole Fernando. dead money indeed lol

We have virtually a full team of players taking big wages and not figuring or injured, but it's ok because we 'stole' FF (who's been bang average this season)?

My figures may be wide of the mark but either way I fail to see the validity in your statement.

2 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

No doubt that you are being a smart *rse who is about to accuse me of playing Football Manager or living in a fantasy world.

The fact is that these players are either injury prone and have no future under Carlos so they are of no use to us and are strangling our ability to move properly in the market. I don't expect them to go any time soon sadly.

Not really any fault of their own though - club gave them the contracts so will have to honour or deal with accordingly. Does seem a big waste but probably a common scenario at most reasonably sized teams and above

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

What is it with all of these new posters all of a sudden all of whom seem to be starting new threads about exactly the same thing?

Anyways, do you think we are the only club in the whole world who have signed players who it just hasnt worked out for (for whatever reason)? It happened to us in the past, it will happen to us in the future. Its not our money and I assume that when it becomes a problem to Chansiri he will do something about it.

Or would you prefer that we went back to having a threadbare squad where we have to rely on academy players when we have a few injuries?

Oh I'm sorry that I don't constantly log into Owlstalk on a more regular basis to deliver such pearls of wisdom as you do and read every post on every subject.

For what it's worth I'm a Middle aged bloke who's been watching us since 1975 and I've had an Owlstalk profile since around 2008.

I do hope that this meets with your approval.

Deary me!

1 hour ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Bus

Melo

McGugan

Nuhiu

Emanuelson

Matias

Sougou

Dielna

Semedo

Please CC & DC, let's get shut of this lot before we bring anything else in!

Weather its actually 6m or not, we sure have signed some s h i t e in the last couple of seasons .   Im sure the club would like to  sell /loan or give away all of them  but the problem is finding takers 

14 minutes ago, Miffed said:

There are quite a few players at Hillsbro who wouldnt even play if we were done to the bare bones 

Just now, stevie snerklebox said:

Oh I'm sorry that I don't constantly log into Owlstalk on a more regular basis to deliver such pearls of wisdom as you do and read every post on every subject.

For what it's worth I'm a Middle aged bloke who's been watching us since 1975 and I've had an Owlstalk profile since around 2008.

Deary me!

Well maybe, as a middle aged bloke, if you didnt insult other users and made sensible posts then maybe you wouldnt need to seek peoples approval.

7 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Deary me!

Yikes!

1975 - what a year to start!

The ppl saying just cancel their contracts must be mad. Why should we pay them millions up front so they can then go and sign for someone else next week. I'd rather keep the wasters at the club and make them clean the car park or stands or summert until someone comes in for them 

20 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Deary me!

You seem a very angry fella 

1 minute ago, Blueblood said:

The ppl saying just cancel their contracts must be mad. Why should we pay them millions up front so they can then go and sign for someone else next week. I'd rather keep the wasters at the club and make them clean the car park or stands or summert until someone comes in for them 

Its a ridiculous situation to be honest. You can understand why no one else seems to want to take them though . who is going to pay out good money in wages to players who arnt match fit , havnt played all season and are going to take at least a couple of months to get up to speed.   

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its a ridiculous situation to be honest. You can understand why no one else seems to want to take them though . who is going to pay out good money in wages to players who arnt match fit , havnt played all season and are going to take at least a couple of months to get up to speed.   

100% agree its even more ridiculous when said players are turning down loans (aledgedly)