£6m Dead Money

Guest Deleted member

I think you have to let go.

Our Chairman knows how much money he has to throw at this project, whether he knows what he is doing will remain to be seen, he knows the FFP situation.

If we do get an embargo that will be entirely down to him. Right now I'm enjoying the fact we have some money to throw at players, we are more than holding our own at the right end of the division, crowds are up and we have something that we've not had for many years. Genuine hope that if everything clicks we might just get a return to the top division.

Bus -  bought when Gray was in charge for peanuts

Melo -  bought when Gray was in charge for peanuts

McGugan -  I fear this was our fault as he was bought because the fans wanted him, regardless whether the manager did

Nuhiu -  bought under Gray for peanuts

Emanuelson -  total b*llocks up, but I think it was a desperate "we need a backup left back like, NOW!" thing, no fee, but expensive wages

Matias -  juries still out for me, you can't predict injuries (hell even Wilshire is now not ever injured) and still could turn out to be a good signing

Sougou -  free transfer as cover for Wallace

Dielna -  bought under Gray iirc, cost pretty much nothing.

Semedo -  been ehre for ever, cost nothing and as i said before was resigned for his backround influence and will probably get a coaching deal.

As has been said a few times, we have to have clubs wanting our players. Yeah if you add them up it is alot of money in wages, but half of these were bought before we had moved on as a club, and now things changed, as I would imagine they will if we go up to the prem. LM apparantly refused to go on loan, Dave has clubs apparantly interested and if we do sign a striker I can see him being sold, just not now because Joao hasnt pushed on, Fletcher was injured for a while and Hooper is injured. Melo, seems to be going on loan somewhere. 

The other thing is, I don't think Chansiri is the Thai version of Dave Richards, so I am not worried about a repeat of the mid nineties, I actually trust he knows what he is doing with his money and the club he bought with his money.

13 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

After reading some of the replies to my OP, the thought 'why bother contributing' did cross my mind, but 1 or 2 replies I feel were valid.

It's funny that people accuse you of playing football manager and yet I would suggest that many won't even be aware of the details of the crass stupidity and reckless spending of the 90's that led us into the recent past high court appointments in 2010.

Emanuelson could be another Yonk.

Matias another Donnelly

Melo another Hinchliffe

Abdi another Sibon

Or how about the Kovacevic sell-on fee that we never received?

I could go on too.... Talk about ghosts of the past coming back to haunt us. 

I fear for the long term if we don't start to get things right with players.

I am just reading the Wednesday book about the modern era and I don't know which bit is the most frightening. The bit relating to the salaries of injured players around the period of relegation from the Premiership or looking at Grandads photo.

Guest Deleted member
2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

The other thing is, I don't think Chansiri is the Thai version of Dave Richards, so I am not worried about a repeat of the mid nineties, I actually trust he knows what he is doing with his money and the club he bought with his money.

Good for you!! That's the spirit!

I'm glad you have that level of confidence in someone you know absolutely nothing about.

I'm more sceptical. The proof of then pudding will be in the long term. He's off to a good start, I'd give him a 8/10 so far. The worry has to be if the money runs out, or if his vanity project ceases to stroke his ego any more, or if he runs out of patience and looks to offload and cut his losses. All possible scenarios, as is the scenario of him leading us gloriously back to the promised land...

Sadly years of being a Wednesdayite prepare me for the worst!! lol

Guest Deleted member
5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I am just reading the Wednesday book about the modern era and I don't know which bit is the most frightening. The bit relating to the salaries of injured players around the period of relegation from the Premiership or looking at Grandads photo.

lol

I was breathing in too

3 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Good for you!! That's the spirit!

I'm glad you have that level of confidence in someone you know absolutely nothing about.

I'm more sceptical. The proof of then pudding will be in the long term. He's off to a good start, I'd give him a 8/10 so far. The worry has to be if the money runs out, or if his vanity project ceases to stroke his ego any more, or if he runs out of patience and looks to offload and cut his losses. All possible scenarios, as is the scenario of him leading us gloriously back to the promised land...

Sadly years of being a Wednesdayite prepare me for the worst!! lol

Yeah I'm on the mania side of the bi polar at the mo lol

Seriously though I can only go off what I do know, and what I've seen, and well, it's reassured me so far, but, you are right, it could go wrong, but, it might not, no one knows. 

Guest Deleted member
Just now, marcx666 said:

Yeah I'm on the mania side of the bi polar at the mo lol

Seriously though I can only go off what I do know, and what I've seen, and well, it's reassured me so far, but, you are right, it could go wrong, but, it might not, no one knows. 

Exactly. But I do admire your optimism

Bus, Dielna & Sougou would all be fine in league 1/2 I don't think they are bad players. Lewis Mcgugan can play this league but clearly spoiled. Adthe is great to have in the squad. Melo has literally just been posted fit and clubs in Portuguese prem want him snapped up... Matias has been dreadfully unlucky with injuries, give him a chance to get fit. Joao I think needs a loan move, to get regular games as does Melo probably. But only if we add another striker. otherwise we need him.