Time to go

9 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It is not good from Carols.

Still too heavily reliant on players he inherited.

Wasted his budget.

I'll stick my neck out based on performances and say I don't think we will even make the playoffs with him. 

To what tune? 

Edited by fpowl

26 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

In my opinion it's time for Chansiri to pull the trigger and relieve Carlos of his duties as the manager of Sheffield Wednesday. 

He has got us to a level now that is a solid top 8 championship team. People will say he is the best manager we have had in 20 years. It was almost impossible to fail, 1st manager to have money at Hillsborough. He has brought in some good players but also bought a load of trash.

His excuses are now becoming Dave Jones like, and his desperation in matches switching players around every 5 minutes shows to me he has lost the plot.

I dont know who Chansiri should bring in, but our lack luster performances at Hillsborough this season have not been acceptable.

Thanks for the memories Carlos. 

That bits the tickler ain't it. Bit like Brexit really. "I have no idea what the change should be or what this decision actually means but I know something needs to happen so let's change it and hope for the best".

Carlos should only ever be booted when the replacement plan is in place already. Until then sticky with the man who has us in a good position.

16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

1 defeat in last 9 league games isn't it?

including 5 wins, terrible...

Derby who have been great lately lost 3-0 at Norwich today.  I bet that was partly due to fatigue too 

If we play badly at home to Huddersfield in two weeks I will be more concerned than today 

At last somebody making sense. 

I find it interesting with recent Wednesday managers. When they inherit a squad they seem to do ok, often get better performances than the previous Guy. See Dave Jones, then Stuart Gray and now Carlos. It's when they get their feet under the table and try and build a team that they seem to go into a more defensive or safety first mode.

So the style of last season seems a distant memory. I am struggling to recall a game that has left me thrilled at home this season - been happy with most of the results and perhaps that is all we care about

It's bewildering to me how you can draw that conclusion midway into his second season, but still you're entitled to your view

I would imagine the majority on here are more than happy with top 6 after what we've all had to endure since we left the Prem, which is why you wont get much of a positive respsonse

43 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I find it interesting with recent Wednesday managers. When they inherit a squad they seem to do ok, often get better performances than the previous Guy. See Dave Jones, then Stuart Gray and now Carlos. It's when they get their feet under the table and try and build a team that they seem to go into a more defensive or safety first mode.

So the style of last season seems a distant memory. I am struggling to recall a game that has left me thrilled at home this season - been happy with most of the results and perhaps that is all we care about

Its a bit of a worry, last season, the likes of Forestieri, Wallace, Bannan and even Matias, were playing with flair and popping them in from all angles. When we added Abdi and Reach, I thought wow, we're in for a treat, but it hasn't worked out like that. Results have been good, I don't think we could expect better, but the football, oh dear, that has been very dull indeed

Edited by gurujuan

51 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

In my opinion it's time for Chansiri to pull the trigger and relieve Carlos of his duties as the manager of Sheffield Wednesday. 

He has got us to a level now that is a solid top 8 championship team. People will say he is the best manager we have had in 20 years. It was almost impossible to fail, 1st manager to have money at Hillsborough. He has brought in some good players but also bought a load of trash.

His excuses are now becoming Dave Jones like, and his desperation in matches switching players around every 5 minutes shows to me he has lost the plot.

I dont know who Chansiri should bring in, but our lack luster performances at Hillsborough this season have not been acceptable.

It's time Neil pulled the bloody trigger on the likes of you.

Id stick with Carlos but when people say we don't need new players it baffles me. 

Some games we play brilliantly and others we look bang average. 

I think we are somewhere halfway between. 

People over react to a poor game but at the same time others get blinded by the likes of the Newcastle performance and think we are the best team in the league.

There is work to do. I think Carlos can do it but we can't ride our luck forever. 

Edited by Eightace

facts Carlos's signings have been awful wasted huge amounts of money and given out stupid contracts for players we can now not get rid of ie nuhiu 3yr loovens 3yr Wallace 2yr,abdi 4yr 35k a wk. mcgugen 18k 4year deal sougou 20k a wk urby 25k a wk etc etc  and the football we are playing this season has been boring ,only had 3-4 good displays away from home, the football at home has been very disappointing everyone knows we have had incredible luck and good fortune last 2 games adds to list could quite easily be on end of losing 4-0 to preston and wolves easily could have had 5 today .if carlos would change things id give him time but I cant see that he will change his ways

There is a real chance that we won't make the play-offs, though. Before the season began, we never thought that the likes of Huddersfield, Reading and Leeds would be in front of us. I'd have had Leeds down as a mid-table side at best. It only needs Derby, Villa and Norwich to buck their ideas up, and it's curtains. We're riding our luck, but it will run out sooner or later. It's only a matter of time before Derby leapfrog us. Villa will doubtless strengthen in this window, parachute money and all, and surely Norwich will sack their manager soon if they don't climb the table.

34 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Sorry but that's nonsense. 

Doing ok? Play off final in his first season "ok"? 

The squad Carlos inherited was a solid defensive team offering little going forward.

Carlos' additions of attacking players FF, Hooper, Bannan and Wallace contributed us to being one win away from the Premier League last season. 

We've not hit the ground running like we expected this season after the last one, but to suggest any success Carlos had is only down to the squad he inherited, is just wrong.

Let's see what additions we make in the January transfer window, and then see how we are looking in the next 4-6 weeks.  

Don't think we have a leg to stand on, if we're criticising results, performances are a different matter though. As is mentioned above, we surely can't keep riding our luck. Either performances will have to grow into our results, or we will eventually start to slip down the table. Generally, over a season, you finish where your performances dictate

13 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

facts Carlos's signings have been awful wasted huge amounts of money and given out stupid contracts for players we can now not get rid of ie nuhiu 3yr loovens 3yr Wallace 2yr,abdi 4yr 35k a wk. mcgugen 18k 4year deal sougou 20k a wk urby 25k a wk etc etc  and the football we are playing this season has been boring ,only had 3-4 good displays away from home, the football at home has been very disappointing everyone knows we have had incredible luck and good fortune last 2 games adds to list could quite easily be on end of losing 4-0 to preston and wolves easily could have had 5 today .if carlos would change things id give him time but I cant see that he will change his ways

Do you think all the signings and the contract lengths and money they are paid are down to our manager? In FIFA and Football Manager yes, not real life.

Were you complaining about Loovens when he scored against Newcastle?

Blackburn, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Norwich, Reading, Cardiff, Fulham.. Just off the top of my head were very good away displays seeing as you mentioned displays - we just weren't clinical enough in all of them, but anybody who went will tell you we played well in all those games. 

19 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

There is a real chance that we won't make the play-offs, though. Before the season began, we never thought that the likes of Huddersfield, Reading and Leeds would be in front of us. I'd have had Leeds down as a mid-table side at best. It only needs Derby, Villa and Norwich to buck their ideas up, and it's curtains. We're riding our luck, but it will run out sooner or later. It's only a matter of time before Derby leapfrog us. Villa will doubtless strengthen in this window, parachute money and all, and surely Norwich will sack their manager soon if they don't climb the table.

There is a real chance we will make the playoffs though,only those fans with blinkers on had leeds down to struggle,as soon as fatboy got fired their chances of doing better went up,it only needs us to buck our ideas up and its curtains for them,because if we match/better their results we can't be caught,we've ridden our luck...yes,but our position isn't down to luck,just like last seasons wasn't {despite some fans re-writing what actually happened to suit an argument or agenda},don't really care how much other teams spend,there's nowt we can do about that.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

58 minutes ago, poite said:

That bits the tickler ain't it. Bit like Brexit really. "I have no idea what the change should be or what this decision actually means but I know something needs to happen so let's change it and hope for the best".

Carlos should only ever be booted when the replacement plan is in place already. Until then sticky with the man who has us in a good position.

Not sure anything is like 'brexit', i was clearly under the impression the referendum decision meant we would leave the eu, but we're still nowhere near leaving due to elitist globalists making legal challenges and very powerful forces conspiring to keep us in!

The tories never even thought they would have to give us a referendum but they won outright!

How dare 'mainly uneducated little people' reject globalists' plans to turn millions of low consuming poor people from eastern europe/middle east/turkey etc etc, regardless of their skills or history, suddenly into western high consumers via mainly low skilled labour, making employers, landlords and big business etc richer, with no regard for the future or the existing population!

Any referendum result against the eu gets ignored anyway such is the power of it (i cant be bothered to elaborate, its a long subject and there are obviously risks leaving it such is our entanglement in its bureaucracy)

As for cc it's a tough one as bad signings have been made but by who?

Clearly a decent manager but no evidence to suggest a top manager based on track record and are the performances that good for the money spent? 

I'm still optimistic that with 1 or 2 good loans (at least striker) we will be very close, but we should probably review it at end of season and see who better is available if we dont go up imo

Edited by Ash77

1 hour ago, Adam1867 said:

Related image