Time to go

I never believed that we were top-two material, and that's why I have always been reticent about gambling/"going fir it". Our target, realistically, was to be the best of the rest so that come the playoffs we would have a great chance of winning them. We're clinging on to sixth, more by good luck than good management, and even if we do finish in the top half-dozen I've little confidence in our play-off chances.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Don't think Chansiri will be happy with the style of football at times but it is effective and outperforming last year points wise, and remian in the play off positions. 

It takes time to embed culture and adapt to being a big club again, yes of course Carlos has made mistakes, he is learning and don't forget, given his CV this is somewhat uncharted territory for him too, doesn't usually hang around management jobs too long and is a different bal game to being a one season wonder.

I do't think we are even close to Chansiri considering a change, firstly we are competitive, secondly we have had some key injuries to attacking players and lastly, who else is there who would do a better job? (in anticipation of the Rowett suggestion, good young manager but hardly blessed with attacking flair and his Birmingham looked ordinary when we beat them last season, also ordinary when they sneaked a win earlier this season)

Yes but what would Rowett have done with the financial backing that Carlos has enjoyed and vice versa?

IMO Carlos has done okay but Rowett has done much better on balance.

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yes but what would Rowett have done with the financial backing that Carlos has enjoyed and vice versa?

IMO Carlos has done okay but Rowett has done much better on balance.

Fair point, can't argue with that. Don't think Rowett is a bad manager (although he did sign Maghma!) just going by the style of play that Chansiri wants can't see Rowett being a good fit.

20 hours ago, Adam1867 said:

In my opinion it's time for Chansiri to pull the trigger and relieve Carlos of his duties as the manager of Sheffield Wednesday. 

He has got us to a level now that is a solid top 8 championship team. People will say he is the best manager we have had in 20 years. It was almost impossible to fail, 1st manager to have money at Hillsborough. He has brought in some good players but also bought a load of trash.

His excuses are now becoming Dave Jones like, and his desperation in matches switching players around every 5 minutes shows to me he has lost the plot.

I dont know who Chansiri should bring in, but our lack luster performances at Hillsborough this season have not been acceptable.

Thanks for the memories Carlos. 

Not acceptable to who - I agree the football isnt as fluid as art season and that we don't seem to be clicking as we were but 6th place at Christmas is not unacceptable, who do you think we are?

I can almost guarantee that if Carlos was replaced we would take a backwards step and would spend at least a season just trying to get back to where we are now.

We need a long term manager with time to develop our style and culture and to make the odd mistake where recruitment is concerned.

Crazy talk.

Edited by Spookone

We are on a really decent upward curve as a club. Since the absolute disaster of the Alan Irvine period that saw us in the courtroom and peering at league 2, we have survived league 1, then promoted, scraped safety under jones, secured safety under gray, solid mid table under gray then play offs. This season to me has continued that progress. We look good for the top 6, and have deepened the squad and kept our best players.

no need to change anything. 

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

We are on a really decent upward curve as a club. Since the absolute disaster of the Alan Irvine period that saw us in the courtroom and peering at league 2, we have survived league 1, then promoted, scraped safety under jones, secured safety under gray, solid mid table under gray then play offs. This season to me has continued that progress. We look good for the top 6, and have deepened the squad and kept our best players.

no need to change anything. 

Don't spoil the OP's post with facts and common sense - its just not on.

Edited by Spookone