Poll: Man of the Match vs Wolves...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Wolves  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Wolves?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Sasso
    • Reach
    • Hutchinson
    • Lee
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • McManaman
    • Wallace
    • Joao
    • Jones

2 hours ago, savi said:

Bannan was awful, probably the worst player on the park today, constantly giving the ball away or picking the wrong pass ultimately giving the ball away.

Having said that they were all rubbish.

Im giving it to Wallace as we only started to play when he came on for the last 10 mins.

Worse today than against Barnsley, giving it to Wallace says it all.

I know it's all about opinions, but Bannan worst player on the pitch. Really? Yes some passes went astray, and played backwards at times but mainly to retain possession and no options available forwards. No point just lumping it forwards as we won naff all when we did. Also put more effort in than most of the others put together. Not saying he was great but far from the worst.

12 minutes ago, Brommers said:

I know it's all about opinions, but Bannan worst player on the pitch. Really? Yes some passes went astray, and played backwards at times but mainly to retain possession and no options available forwards. No point just lumping it forwards as we won naff all when we did. Also put more effort in than most of the others put together. Not saying he was great but far from the worst.

I do feel for Bannan at times.  It seems to me he is one step ahead of most of his team mates who are static and offer no movement leading to him getting the ball and looking to lay off an attacking, forward pass but there is often nobody available so he has to turn and pass back or sideways and is clearly frustrated.

Plus, he also seem to be the only one putting in any effort.  It's as if the other players don't even bother closing down the opposition (Hutch aside) as they just rely on him to do it.

Westwood 7 - saved us yet again despite his kicking being crap. Gave away a penalty but for the referee's convenient temporary blindness.

Hunt 4 - first half ok, utterly abysmal second half. Final ball no better than Palmer, the pair of them need replacing.

Sasso 6 - think people are getting a bit over-excited about him just because we haven't seen him in ages. Did well carrying it forward but he got bullied in the air and Wolves got in behind him and Lees too many times.

Lees 6

Reach 4 - actually quite good defensively but going forward his decision making was woeful.

McManaman 5 - didn't see a lot of the ball but looked nifty with it when he did.

Hutchinson 7 - given his past fitness issues it was great to see him play 90 minutes here. Didn't look any less up for it either.

Lee 5 - didn't look fit, so was relieved to see him go off at HT. We needed him desperately to win the second balls that just meant we were pinned back for large periods.

Bannan 5 - worked his knackers off but it was one of those days where his end product was just a bit off. Was trying to dictate the game from way too deep first half.

Forestieri 4 - couldn't have been less interested first half, carved out some opportunities second half.

Fletcher 6 - credit to him for working very hard with little to no service. Looked up for it against his old team. 

Wallace 6 - I wasn't delighted to see him come on but we looked better for having him out there actually.

Joao 5 - did his best with rubbish service but still gets bullied

Jones 5 - bringing him on was a bit weird...

2 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Westwood 8

Hunt 5 - solid at the back, awful going forward

Lees 7

Sasso 7 - thought he was excellent today

Reach 6 - he's a good player but wasted at left back, and his decision making is terrible 

Mcmanaman 6 - surprised he was taken off so early, thought he looked good on the right.

Lee 5 - clearly injured, shouldn't have been playing

Hutchinson 8 - utter warrior again, if he was in the premier league playing like that everyone would be raving about him.

Bannan 6 - ran his blood to water but nothing to work with

Fletcher 8 - best iv seem him play. Again strange decision to bring him off, looked a threat all game.

Forestieri 4 - abysmal, either injured or not interested. couple of purple patched didn't make up for his lack of effort.

Wallace 7 - should have been in from the start on that for. 

Joao 5 - sigh.

Jones 5 

Carlos - couldn't break them down today, and kept changing patterns, formations and tactics which didn't help. Shouldn't have played Lee or Forestieri today, and needs to stop pushing reach to left back.

MOM fletcher, Sasso and hutch very close.

Think Fletch was utterly spent mate. I agree he worked his socks off with very little help.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Sasso sounded like he was decent seen as he hasn't played all season.  He is decent back up for Lees and Loovens.  

Can I put in my vote for the next 3 games, injuries or suspended apart it will be Hutchinson like the last 5 or 6 games. Carrying us at the moment, only Westwood anywhere near him. Lots of others well below par, massive improvements needed if we are to get where we want to be. 

10 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Can I put in my vote for the next 3 games, injuries or suspended apart it will be Hutchinson like the last 5 or 6 games. Carrying us at the moment, only Westwood anywhere near him. Lots of others well below par, massive improvements needed if we are to get where we want to be. 

I've never rated Hutch as highly as most on here, but I can understand exactly what you mean. He was head and shoulders above any other outfielder today. Brilliant defensively, and his attacking thrusting play gets better by the game. He is becoming a turbo-boosted Lee.

My problem with him in midfield was that he was only a defensive destructive player. He has added far more to his game this season. Outstanding.

Westwood - 8. Peerless stopper, bit reckless once or twice today but was clearly desperate for us not to lose when we easily could've.

Hunt - 5. Couple of good blocks first half but vanished after HT. Very little overlap with Wallace as the latter plays high up and seldom tracks back.

Sasso - 7. Probably a 6 in reality but I'm giving him a bonus point for looking surprisingly unrusty and getting stuck in more than most.

Lees - 6. Didn't do much wrong but I want to see him lead the line more when Loovens is out. Slight tendency to pout instead.

Reach - 5. Looks lightweight in defence, pretty handy at tidying up loose balls but not much of a blocker/stopper. Seems daunted by idea of running with it from the back, which he's very decent at further forward. LB duty really stymies him and causes him to dither.

McManaman - 5. Promising signs of willingness to drive with ball but really don't think I saw enough of him to comment further.

Lee - 4. Anonymous but not his fault. Was clearly being uncharacteristically very cautious.

Hutch - 8. MOM again, despite almost ruining it with a reckless tackle on a kid that he could've walked for on another day. We would've lost if he had. Great to see him getting forward, although his few drives to the edge of the box spoke volumes about our total lack of forward movement from elsewhere as much as anything.

Bannan - 5. Appreciated his harrying efforts today but his constant backtracking was driving me barmy again. Unlucky with a few 'good idea' passes but also played loads of very short ones that were utterly pointless and several went astray. Shooting abysmal, really needs to get his head down - goals that go in the bottom corners do actually count, Bazza.

Wallace - 6. Finds space and likes to cross but takes way too long over it. His one-footedness is a pain; had a great chance at a free snapshot from 18yds but needed to get onto his left peg and the gap closed up. Never drills crosses either, floated balls not much use for 80% of our lads.

FF - 4. Not really at the races today. Showed a bit more willing 2nd half and hit the target twice but looked jaded. Didn't really play anyone else in either.

Fletch - 5. Worked his butt off but kept having to come far too deep to challenge for speculative high balls with nobody to flick on to. Generally good in the air but lost a majority of his battles today against some big lads.

Joao - 5. Played small but key roles in three or four of our better attacks by knocking down a high or loose ball into a teammate's path then continuing his run and drawing a defender, opening channels. Not physical enough but I think he reads unfolding attacks better than he gets credit for sometimes.

Jones - 5, harsh to give him less as he did nothing wrong but had very little time to do anything right either. Didn't come on in a position that could possibly impact the game. Bizarre sub.

MOM by a country mile Sam. Good mention for the 2 centre halves and goal keeper;

Unlike most of the phone in on RS I thought we looked must more lively when we brought Joao on.

Jack Hunt is shocking defensively and gave very little quality going forward and waas very negative, get Palmer back in at least he can defend!

Got to agree with a lot said on here, unfortunately, good as he is, I don't think Hutch is really deserving of the praise being heaped on him..

Thought Sasso had an excellent game today, but Carlos MUST make sure the players know what their roles are. At one time early in the first half, Sasso and Reach appeared to be debating who should be further forward. If we want a replacement LFB would prefer it to be Sasso, and let Reach go forward where he is more effective.. As for winning headers, why did we play so many balls into the air? I can't recall us winning a one=on-one header all game,or ever for that matter.

Very disappointed withh FF yesterday. Does he want to leave, or not? He certainly didn't appear to care yesterday, especially in the first half. And it's not if he can claim fatigue.

he's spent less time on the pitch than many others. Yesterday, he gave the impression, certainly for the first 70 minutes, as if he couldn't care less. Carlos, get him sorted, Either he is prepared to put in 100% or get rid!

6 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Got to agree with a lot said on here, unfortunately, good as he is, I don't think Hutch is really deserving of the praise being heaped on him..

Thought Sasso had an excellent game today, but Carlos MUST make sure the players know what their roles are. At one time early in the first half, Sasso and Reach appeared to be debating who should be further forward. If we want a replacement LFB would prefer it to be Sasso, and let Reach go forward where he is more effective.. As for winning headers, why did we play so many balls into the air? I can't recall us winning a one=on-one header all game,or ever for that matter.

Very disappointed withh FF yesterday. Does he want to leave, or not? He certainly didn't appear to care yesterday, especially in the first half. And it's not if he can claim fatigue.

he's spent less time on the pitch than many others. Yesterday, he gave the impression, certainly for the first 70 minutes, as if he couldn't care less. Carlos, get him sorted, Either he is prepared to put in 100% or get rid!

He's missed 4 out of the last 6 games, with the last due to injury 48 hours before this game. 

He wasn't fit and was carrying a knock!

I can't help thinking that Hutch's abilities would be better employed in an area of the pitch we really are poor in-

Right back.

His defensive brilliance and surging runs make him ideal for that position.

Just need to cover that position in the middle with quality.

Tired of going for Hutch every match so went for Bannan. Even though his passing was all over the place he still wanted the ball and tried to drive the team forward, never hid for a moment and always tried to get involved, something which I could accuse him of a few months ago.

Was clear to see Lee and FF were injured, neither had the same energy they have shown in previous games yet one is afforded the excuse and the other isn't. The main problem being if the other doesn't play or doesn't play to the usual standards we as a team look poor, until we solve this problem we need to keep hold of him for as long as possible. The problem is after the Norwich no show, people have been waiting for this opportunity to stick the knife in. Created the winner week ago and went crackers looking like he loved it, to he wants out this week. The simple fact, IMO, is he is without a shadow of a doubt our most influential player going forward.

Lastly, Wolves deserved the win a possible stonewall penalty, a sitter after hitting the bar and hit the post.

Westwood 7 Few top saves

Hunt 7 Excellent first half

Lees 7 Reliable like always

Sasso 7 Solid performance

Reach 6 Some good runs 

Lee 5 Out of sorts

Bannan 7 More like his old self.

Hutchinson 7 Very good as always

Forestieri 6 Tried hard but not his day.

Mcmanaman 6 Good first half but faded

Fletcher 6 Looked tired 

Wallace 6 Not at his best.

Joao 7 Much better 

Jones 6 Steaded ship when Wolves took control in second half.

2 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Tired of going for Hutch every match so went for Bannan. Even though his passing was all over the place he still wanted the ball and tried to drive the team forward, never hid for a moment and always tried to get involved, something which I could accuse him of a few months ago.

Was clear to see Lee and FF were injured, neither had the same energy they have shown in previous games yet one is afforded the excuse and the other isn't. The main problem being if the other doesn't play or doesn't play to the usual standards we as a team look poor, until we solve this problem we need to keep hold of him for as long as possible. The problem is after the Norwich no show, people have been waiting for this opportunity to stick the knife in. Created the winner week ago and went crackers looking like he loved it, to he wants out this week. The simple fact, IMO, is he is without a shadow of a doubt our most influential player going forward.

Lastly, Wolves deserved the win a possible stonewall penalty, a sitter after hitting the bar and hit the post.

The Norwich no show might be the issue or some, but for many, and I am one, he's just not having a good season. 

I neither her know nor care what's in his head. Just hope he gets back to his best.