Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Gary Hooper has made his career of being a killer inside the box! If you look at his goals for the likes of Celtic, compare how they played to him and how we do. He's also had to adapt to our team style as have many others

Well sometimes I wish he'd play like one. Rather than try to get involved in build up play so often.

As for Celtic...come off it. I could score 20 plus for them.

17 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Well sometimes I wish he'd play like one. Rather than try to get involved in build up play so often.

As for Celtic...come off it. I could score 20 plus for them.

R.e Celtic, this was around style of play. 

My point was whenever I see him make these runs he's never found. So unless he wants to be anonymous he has to get involved. Preston was the prime example of a game with no one dropping in to link play and it was truly awful.

How many times do our wingers beat their full backs and look to cut it back? 

I hope the likes of McManaman will show more of this in the coming weeks/months 

Edited by WhiteOwl91
Addition

Hooper is an out and out poacher that needs service if it doesent happen then he looks bad he should not be chasing all over after the ball, his job is to get goals and with the right service he would do ,if he is not in and around the box when a chance comes and chasing a lost cause  it would erupt on here ,

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Agreed trev that's what Hooper is. Go and look at his first goal against Cardiff last season, that's where Hooper thrives. That actually came from somebody getting to the bye line, something we do once every blue moon.

Hooper would have been getting dogs abuse just like the rest of them today, he is no use without any service, and nor would be Mr Rhodes

spot on mate  you can't do zilch without the ball

13 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

Hooper is an out and out poacher that needs service if it doesent happen then he looks bad he should not be chasing all over after the ball, his job is to get goals and with the right service he would do ,if he is not in and around the box when a chance comes and chasing a lost cause  it would erupt on here ,

Only places he scored on a regular basis was at Celtic & Scunthorpe not the same as playing in Champioship. Scored 18 in 3 years at Norwich from 64 starts about 1 in 3, similar to what he has done with us.

6 minutes ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Only places he scored on a regular basis was at Celtic & Scunthorpe not the same as playing in Champioship. Scored 18 in 3 years at Norwich from 64 starts about 1 in 3, similar to what he has done with us.

So i've seen this - 38 starts, 18 goals for Norwich, 26 times as sub (so 64 games not starts) but this also includes an entire season in the Premiership? 

9 minutes ago, everydayiswednesday said:

Oh and by the way he scored 20 goals in a season for Scunthorpe....in the Championship ?? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed. Seems like the most logical scenario and they can afford his wages in full

Don't you think if Rhodes was part of the Gestede deal Villa would have insisted that he wasn't even in the match day squad for Boro yesterday?

Not saying he wont end up there but i don't think he is part of this other deal. From what is being reported from different sources Villa aren't interested at the price quoted (at the moment)

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Don't you think if Rhodes was part of the Gestede deal Villa would have insisted that he wasn't even in the match day squad for Boro yesterday?

Not saying he wont end up there but i don't think he is part of this other deal. From what is being reported from different sources Villa aren't interested at the price quoted (at the moment)

I think that's the point.  No one will pay £12m for Rhodes in this league unless there's a structure to it, i.e:

Boro pay £6m for Gestede, Villa pay £12m for Rhodes, the deal then becomes £6m plus Gestede rather than £12m straight Villa cash.

2 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I think that's the point.  No one will pay £12m for Rhodes in this league unless there's a structure to it, i.e:

Boro pay £6m for Gestede, Villa pay £12m for Rhodes, the deal then becomes £6m plus Gestede rather than £12m straight Villa cash.

Did you study mathematics at university?

Guest RedDragonOwl

There's no chance of us signing roades. 

1. We can't affored him, we have no where near the amount of money needed, even on loan.

2. He would never come to us.

2 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Never going to happen and even if he did come to us do we think he would score in our current setup? We don't supply our own forwards with the ammo so what makes folk think one player will do any different for us!?

We haven't done much creating in the last couple of games but before that we did create chances. Think of the misses we have had, if Rhodes tucked a few of those away we would be laughing. I'm not sure we want to pay £11m but on a loan he'd be fine.

(depends how long it takes him to adjust to our system and get match fit)